Cornwall Football Forum

URGENT Forum Charity match - we need your help URGENTLY

Dave Deacon

As you know the Forum's Charity match is due to go ahead on Saturday, July 30th at St Austell's SWPL ground.

We had some very bad news last week when due to personal reasons Steve Massey had to pull out from being one of the managers, but I'm glad to advise that the man who makes this Forum tick – Richard Chown – is stepping in to take over and no doubt he will be out to get revenge on me beating him in the first Forum Charity match in 2009!

At the moment, because of the timing of the game, it is clashing with so many clubs understandably preparing for the season ahead and fixing up friendlies on the same day. This has led to some of the original players selected having to pull out.

The game is not only for two great causes - Help for Heroes& Cornwall Air Ambulance, but it is also a wonderful opportunity for footballers from all levels of the game to join together and promote the game within the county.

With less than a fortnight to go though, we need to get the squads sorted as soon as possible and then announced to the media so that the game gets as much exposure as possible.This is where I need your help please – we are only looking for two 14 man squads, but you wouldn't believe how difficult that is proving! Especially with Richard coming on the scene late on.

Can I please ask anyone reading this post, that if you are definitely free to play on the 30th July, kick-off 2pm and that you are interested in representing your league that you played in last season, to get on the phone straightaway by either texting or phoning me on 07759 502408, or email davedeacs@hotmail.com

On occasions it's been suggested, admittedly more so by the establishment, that this Forum is more trouble than it's worth, let's show everyone that actually when it comes to promoting the game in Cornwall – we are the best!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dave Deacon