Cornwall Football Forum

Who will win each league????

Yep, im a big fan of Gorran and think they potentially have a neat and tidy side.

Obviously the momentum of Phoenix & Lanivet is to be watched out for...but we know as well as anybody, its twice as hard to become champs again...

Glyn James will be top scorer no doubt about it... thats if the goosefish, one of Glyns pals, isn't correct... :clapper:

Duchy League

Prem - St Newlyn East

1 - AFC St Austell

2 - Holywell/Cubert Athletic

3 - Tregony

4 - LC Phoenix

5 - St Newlyn East Res

But hey, that's just my view!!

Also would love to put a bet on at least one team turning up late for the Junior Cup this season (1:30 kick offs - nice!)

Premier - St Newlyn East will be decent as will Calstock, I wouldn't rule out Fowey but I'll go with Torpoint. St Cleer under new management will also be title contenders.

Winners: Torpoint Athletic.

Division 1: St Austell will be in the mix, St Columb Major will be strong with all their new signings providing they can keep them and they get a keeper, St Dennis will have to replace Upton if they are to challenge. Obviously I've high hopes for Grampound but I wouldn't want to curse yourselves by backing us.

Winners: St Columb Major.

Division 2: Rumour has it that Pensilva have signed a few ex Liskeard East Cornwall players so they may well be the surprise package. Biscovey, Sticker, Gerrans & St Mawes Utd, Premier Sixes and Lostwithiel will all be decent sides so a hard division to predict.

Winners: Biscovey.

Division 3: Not too sure about this division, at a guess the sides coming up will be the teams to beat.

Winners: North Petherwin.

Division 4: LC Phoenix & Lanivet will be strong sides and Calstock Reserves are rumoured to have improved. I think Wadebridge could be the surprise package. Charlestown Saints could be in the mix as well.

Winners: Lanivet.

Division 5: History tells us that one of the new sides coming in will win this league, I don't know a lot about them but St Cleer Reserves had a strong reserve team a couple of years ago and Lifton had an excellent record in the Kingsley League last season.

Winners: Lifton.

I may be totally wrong, just a complete guess.

I think that the premier league will be a good battle this year, with some really good teams. However Torpoint are proven front runners and will start as favourites, but Calstock would be worth a shot, but I think I may have to go with St Cleer, word has it that they have brought in some decent players this year, who are proven at higher levels and pushed Dobwalls first team all the way for best part of 75 mins, possibly to point that if u were a neutral, you couldn't tell the difference.

Watched a few premier sides last season.

Torpoint and Fowey quality sides,will have to much for

Newlyn East who i watched twice last season. Agree though Newlyn good goin forwards.

Quick forward and tricky winger solid in middle.

Interesting to watch St Mawgan aswell some good battling players,

Calstock bound to be up there

There is a distinct lack of opinion about the trelawney leagues regarding this topic - could this be because teams from the old leagues know very little about teams they have never met. My guess is that St Day will be strong again in league one to get them up closer to their combo side and Illogan will be strong in league 2 to get them up closer to their teams in the leagues above. Will also be interesting what clubs who had teams in both the F/H and Mining League do - how will they lay out their teams. Glad to see no evening games tho - no loading teams at last

Premier - St Newlyn East will be decent as will Calstock, I wouldn't rule out Fowey but I'll go with Torpoint. St Cleer under new management will also be title contenders.

Division 1: St Austell will be in the mix, St Columb Major will be strong with all their new signings providing they can keep them and they get a keeper, St Dennis will have to replace Upton if they are to challenge. Obviously I've high hopes for Grampound but I wouldn't want to curse yourselves by backing us.

Division 2: Rumour has it that Pensilva have signed a few ex Liskeard East Cornwall players so they may well be the surprise package. Biscovey, Sticker, Gerrans & St Mawes Utd, Premier Sixes and Lostwithiel will all be decent sides so a hard division to predict.

Division 3: Not too sure about this division, at a guess the sides coming up will be the teams to beat.

Division 4: LC Phoenix & Lanivet will be strong sides and Calstock Reserves are rumoured to have improved. I think Wadebridge could be the surprise package. Charlestown Saints could be in the mix as well.

Division 5: History tells us that one of the new sides coming in will win this league, I don't know a lot about them but St Cleer Reserves had a strong reserve team a couple of years ago and Lifton had an excellent record in the Kingsley League last season.

Could you let me know which players have left and gone to Pensilva because we have our first game tomorrow and it would save me time ringing them?

MQ x

Could you let me know which players have left and gone to Pensilva because we have our first game tomorrow and it would save me time ringing them?

MQ x

Just a rumour I heard, that a few ex Liskeard East Cornwall players are going to sign for them, not sure if my source meant from last seasons squad or might just be players with east cornwall experience at Liskeard, or could be total nonsense!