Cornwall Football Forum

Champions at Bickland Park- Tuesday 12th. July

Southern League Premier Champions TRURO CITY open their Pre season at Bickland Park tomorrow (Tuesday 12th.July) 7-45pm KO.against hosting FALMOUTH TOWN

Also competing for the Aubrey Wilkes Memorial Trophy curerently held by the Red & Blacks (oops showing my age)

Now in the Blue Square South Conference League Truro will be fielding a full strength squad which hopefully will include Jamaican International Barry Hayles who has notched over 500 games with Bristol Rovers-Fulham-Millwall-Plymouth Argyle and Leicester City.

Also an ex Town favourite Jake Ash (club captain) will make a welcome return visit to Bickland

Falmouth have retained most of last seasons players with the exception of Sean Flynn retired and Johnny Ludlam leaving for Newquay.

It augers well for the new season with the addition of defenders Lee Rundle-Sam Chitty who played Western League for Barnstaple Town during the second half of last season and Jamie Devine from Penzance.

The big signing is striker Ian Hodges who has returned home to Cornwall and has been a big favourite with Hampton & Richmond Borough FC (BSS Conference) for the past 5 seasons.

Former Truro players in the Falmouth lineup are Jason Chapman-Mark Vercesi-Ross Pope- Dan Green and Josh Sims.

See you all at Bickland-Lets Roll.

Just realised its my 2000 post on Cornish Soccer

When it comes to a football derby match in the County,this is without doubt the daddy of them all.

The love/hate relationship between the two clubs goes back longer than most will remember,but saying

that,the two clubs have always shown the greatest respect for one and other.Long may that last.I think

that respect will be shown on the pitch tomorrow evening.Being many leagues apart between the teams

means nothing in a derby game like this.Let's hope for a good clean injury free competitive game.

There should be a good showing of Truro supporters,so lets hope for a good gate to start the season off.

Whats it like for car parking down there these days ?

When it comes to a football derby match in the County,this is without doubt the daddy of them all.

The love/hate relationship between the two clubs goes back longer than most will remember,but saying

that,the two clubs have always shown the greatest respect for one and other.Long may that last.I think

that respect will be shown on the pitch tomorrow evening.Being many leagues apart between the teams

means nothing in a derby game like this.Let's hope for a good clean injury free competitive game.

There should be a good showing of Truro supporters,so lets hope for a good gate to start the season off.

Whats it like for car parking down there these days ?

Amen to the good clean injury free game. Gets pretty full up for parking and I think it will be a big gate tomorrow, so best get down early.

Come on Town!!

really looking forward to this match - live updates for anybody that can't make it can be found here - http://bit.ly/mU5Gqz

Its Ian Hodges not Lee in your report-Simon

Truro could field Plymouth Argyle's 29 year old Dutch Under 21 International defender Marcel Seip.

I did hear Jason Chapman may be unavailable due to coaching duties with the Argyle Youth team who play at Torpoint tonight.

In the Falmouth squad there is a Ben Head -would he be the reserve keeper?

A 3-2 win and the Aubrey Wilkes Memorial Trophy is Town's. Well deserved too. Truro scored first but Hodges (2) and Drummond put Falmouth 3-1 up by half time with City missing a penalty at 2-1.

Town had several chances to make it four but we ended up hanging on at times when Smith scored a 25 yarder with about 15 minutes left. Great game considering it's the cricket season and the player's have just got back into training.

Edit: Beat me to it. :)

really looking forward to this match - live updates for anybody that can't make it can be found here - http://bit.ly/mU5Gqz

Its Ian Hodges not Lee in your report-Simon

Truro could field Plymouth Argyle's 29 year old Dutch Under 21 International defender Marcel Seip.

I did hear Jason Chapman may be unavailable due to coaching duties with the Argyle Youth team who play at Torpoint tonight.

In the Falmouth squad there is a Ben Head -would he be the reserve keeper?

Thanks Mike, I knew I'd make that mistake even before I did it :rolleyes:

Wow! Live updates - whatever next.

Live streaming video like LFC TV? Now there is a thought...

Not sure Packet has the budget for that. However, will be at Truro City v Yeovil this Saturday for live updates. As for the next Town match I have put Falmouth Town's tie with Bodmin in the FA Cup as one to cover :thumbsup:

does anyone have the full line-ups including second half substitutions

FALMOUTH TOWN

Gk Tom Brooks (loan from Truro)-Ashley Stidwell(Mark Hollands h/t)-Lee Rundle-Sam Chitty- Jamie Devine (Josh Sims 52m)-Ross Pope (Tom Barwell h/t)-Mark Vercesi(capt)-Dan Green-Craig Duff-Ian Hodges (Joe Lugg 62m)-Matt Drummond (Steve Winnan 75m)

Goals Ian Hodges 2 -Matt Drummond

TRURO CITY First Half

Martin Rice-Barry McConnell-Scot Walker-Kieren-Conibear-Trathan (sub Cody Cooke)-Steve Adams-Danny Clay-Andy Taylor-Marcus Martin-Stewart Yetton (sub Les Afful)Andy Watkins-Sean Johnston

2nd Half

Tim Sandercombe-Jake Ash-Josh Bragg-Chris James-Arran Pogh-Ryan Yeoman-Andrew Bishop-Cody Cooke-Les Afful-Barry Hayles-Dan Smith

Goals Sean Johnson-Dan Smith

Referee Ian Roberts assistants Kevin Knowles-Justin Moses

It was good to see club captain Mark Vercesi expressing himself in midfield after spending all last season as a stand in central defender.