Cornwall Football Forum

The Sun Dream Team - Forum MINI LEAGUE

Guest Chris B

Crosser you b*****d, you've just made me even more excited and keen for this to get under way. I think that the banter is going to be brilliant and i seriously hope that the administrarors,moderators etc are preparing some sort of sub forum or something for us all to go nuts on?.

Guest crosser

check my team out crosser ur going down (i hope) :thumbsup:

bring it on, my team has been picked, just going to put my feet up :drink: and let the boys work their magic :lol:

and whats this with one manager having two teams he must be worried about the competition :lol:

check my team out crosser ur going down (i hope) :thumbsup:

bring it on, my team has been picked, just going to put my feet up :drink: and let the boys work their magic :lol:

and whats this with one manager having two teams he must be worried about the competition :lol:

jojo,your team is cockapoopoo mate. Crosser are you going to be like me and leave your team unchanged (unless there's injury to one of your players before the season starts) unlike all these worriers who say they've chosen their team but will do a bit of "tweaking" before the season starts. Who has 2 teams?. Glad to see mr Pentecost has gone with Darren Bent upfront. Could be an inspired piece of management.

Guest crosser

yeah thought about making some changes but will now stick with what I got unless somebody gets injured. maybe make a few changes in the jan transfer window, but bring it on.

not sure who's got two teams but if you log into the sun website there is a message saying ....you were only supposed to have one team...and coopsie going to come last!

guess which bit made me laugh :lol:

Why do you all so desperately want me to fail miserably you b*****ds?. I will stick with my team and will not be finishing last. It would be good to get the likes of Stig,Soccer Follower, Dermot, Pidge etc involved. The guys that do the prediction league all through the season. I don't just want more teams to enter so that there's less chance of me coming last, honest. :unsure: ..PAUL, Relegation fodder??. To think i used to bloody like you aswell you git. That's it "COME ON NOTTS COUNTY" :thumbsup: .. By the way do you have Grant's contact number because i want to congratulate him on his VERY sensible post about St Blazey after your game against Exeter.

Guest Helston Patriot

Crosser, I only wanted 1 team per person just to give poor coopsie a better chance!!!! :thumbsup:

C'MON PATRIOT GAMES!!!! :c:

Stig, i understand your fear sir. ;) . HP, poor coopsie will win or fail by his own doings and will do it without the assistance of outside influences. You can all have as many teams as you want but surely the already decided rule of 1 team per person makes for much better competition?

Guest Helston Patriot

We had a mini league on our squadron couple of years ago and lads put 4 or 5 teams in each and it got stupid..

I had 3 teams and they were all shite! :D

I feel the wind of change blowing... B)

Guest Helston Patriot

1, crosser

2, Carharrack AFC

3, Tucksy hit or miss!

4, nicktheyid

5, mens pants

6, Patriot games :c:

7, Seagull FC

8, baldu utd

9, baggie

10,M-I-K-E-S T-E-A-M

11,blair2brown own goal

12,biltong beasts

13,omerta

14,THE CLASS OF COOPSIE :wacko:

15,bissoe utd

16,Underlane United

ANYONE ELSE THINK THEY'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES???????????????

Darren, you don't need to but (y) the sun mate. just click buddy.

http://www.dreamteamfc.com/fg-dtfc07/login...m&HBX_OU=50

I haven't purchased the sun for about 2 years but the site is easy to navigate and it even does the sums for you."phew".

But you still pay £5 towards that shite!!! Out of principal I won't do it!!!

Then agian if you team you have selected is any good then you stand a chance of getting Prize money for Manager of the week, month and season etc. Slim I know but worth a try.

Rich

19 Teams now!

1 crosser Dean Cross 0

2 Carharrack AFC Richard Chown 0

3 Tucksy hit or miss! Steven Tucker 0

4 nicktheyid Nick odwyer 0

5 mens pants jowan may 0

6 mhl2 john kelly 0

7 Patriot games Chris Breasley 0

8 Seagull FC Jeff Richardson 0

9 baldu utd alan merrifield 0

10 baggie nick ward 0

11 M-I-K-E-S T-E-A-M Mike Anderson 0

12 blair2brown own goal steven bates 0

13 Bushrangers fc robin philpott 0

14 biltong beasts michael hawke-treneer 0

15 Gillsy's Gods Lee Gillett 0

16 omerta tony pentecost 0

17 THE CLASS OF COOPSIE stuart cooper 0

18 bissoe utd alan merrifield 0

19 Underlane United Scott Whitney

Guest crosser

To be honest the Fantasy League classic is a lot easier to navigate around and you have 6 subs which you swap and change with your main team at any point, agreed the sun is pants thats why I'm sticking with Fantasy League because it challenges your skill as a manager with a set number of players and limited transfers each month, unlike the sun which allow shite loads and unless your sat a PC 24/7 you have no chance of anything, there are some people out there who play these leagues professionally.

stig I think you need to read the rule's for each game mate the only league that allows you to make shite load of changes is fantasy league classic

Transfers

* Before the season begins, on 11th August at 12:45 BST transfers are unlimited.

* Once things kick-off you get 25 transfers for the whole season, and can use a maximum of 5 per month. You probably don't want to use them all at the beginning, otherwise injuries and loss of form in the closing stages of the season could cost you.

* Making a transfer is easy. Simply click on the 'TRANSFER' button, on your team screen, and follow the simple instructions. All you have to do is select the outgoing and incoming players, click 'SAVE' and you're away.

Substitutions

* You can use your squad to it's full extent by making unlimited substitutions. Simply click on the player on the pitch that you want to take off, click on the player on the bench you want to bring in, and they'll swap over there and then. Remember to click 'SAVE CHANGES' otherwise the change will not be completed.

* If you're too busy to be dealing with changes left right and centre, you can set them up in advance using our famous Supersubs system. Simply hit the Supersubs button under your team pitch and follow the simple instructions.

where as the sun only allows

THE TRANSFER WINDOW

NEW: Prior to 23:59:00 BST on Monday 6 August 2007, entrants will be able to make unlimited ‘pre-scoring’ transfers through the website. Pre-scoring transfers will be free of charge. Pre-scoring transfers will not be available over the telephone line.

The first Transfer Window will run from 12:00:00 BST on Tuesday 9 October 2007 to 12:30:00 BST on Saturday 20 October 2007 (UK time), with transfers taking effect from eligible games played on Saturday 20 October 2007. The second Transfer Window will run from 00:00:01 GMT on Saturday 26 January 2008 to 12:15:00 GMT Saturday 2 February 2008, with transfers taking effect from eligible games played on Saturday 2 February 2008.

Each Transfer Window gives you the chance to boot out injured or under-performing players and replacing them with some fresh talent. Even if your side is not among the front-runners for the top 10 end-of-season prizes, remember there is still plenty to play for. See our prize breakdown here (link).

So give your no-hopers the shove and bring in the star who could make your season.

During each Transfer Window, you can bring in UP TO THREE players and must transfer out the same number. So, you can make one, two or three changes during the transfer procedure (but no more than three changes, otherwise your entry will be void). When you bring in a new player you do NOT get the points he has scored so far. Likewise, points scored by players you transfer out are FROZEN and remain on your overall score.

You must not bust your £50million budget and your team must not have more than two players from any one Premier League club. But just like registration, our easy transfer procedure ensures you cannot go over the limit. Remember, some players have moved clubs in real life but for Dream Team purposes remain with their original clubs.

There will be a charge of £1.50 each time you make transfers during a Transfer Window. This can be paid either by a valid debit/credit card or by calling a special transfer payment hotline. This is a fixed charge no matter whether you make one, two or three transfers.

I think i know which one is more open to the so called pro player who sits infront of his pc 24/7.

anyway good luck with your fantasy side now sod off to your own thread :D

To be honest the Fantasy League classic is a lot easier to navigate around and you have 6 subs which you swap and change with your main team at any point, agreed the sun is pants thats why I'm sticking with Fantasy League because it challenges your skill as a manager with a set number of players and limited transfers each month, unlike the sun which allow shite loads and unless your sat a PC 24/7 you have no chance of anything, there are some people out there who play these leagues professionally.

stig I think you need to read the rule's for each game mate the only league that allows you to make shite load of changes is fantasy league classic

Transfers

* Before the season begins, on 11th August at 12:45 BST transfers are unlimited.

* Once things kick-off you get 25 transfers for the whole season, and can use a maximum of 5 per month. You probably don't want to use them all at the beginning, otherwise injuries and loss of form in the closing stages of the season could cost you.

* Making a transfer is easy. Simply click on the 'TRANSFER' button, on your team screen, and follow the simple instructions. All you have to do is select the outgoing and incoming players, click 'SAVE' and you're away.

Substitutions

* You can use your squad to it's full extent by making unlimited substitutions. Simply click on the player on the pitch that you want to take off, click on the player on the bench you want to bring in, and they'll swap over there and then. Remember to click 'SAVE CHANGES' otherwise the change will not be completed.

* If you're too busy to be dealing with changes left right and centre, you can set them up in advance using our famous Supersubs system. Simply hit the Supersubs button under your team pitch and follow the simple instructions.

where as the sun only allows

THE TRANSFER WINDOW

NEW: Prior to 23:59:00 BST on Monday 6 August 2007, entrants will be able to make unlimited ‘pre-scoring’ transfers through the website. Pre-scoring transfers will be free of charge. Pre-scoring transfers will not be available over the telephone line.

The first Transfer Window will run from 12:00:00 BST on Tuesday 9 October 2007 to 12:30:00 BST on Saturday 20 October 2007 (UK time), with transfers taking effect from eligible games played on Saturday 20 October 2007. The second Transfer Window will run from 00:00:01 GMT on Saturday 26 January 2008 to 12:15:00 GMT Saturday 2 February 2008, with transfers taking effect from eligible games played on Saturday 2 February 2008.

Each Transfer Window gives you the chance to boot out injured or under-performing players and replacing them with some fresh talent. Even if your side is not among the front-runners for the top 10 end-of-season prizes, remember there is still plenty to play for. See our prize breakdown here (link).

So give your no-hopers the shove and bring in the star who could make your season.

During each Transfer Window, you can bring in UP TO THREE players and must transfer out the same number. So, you can make one, two or three changes during the transfer procedure (but no more than three changes, otherwise your entry will be void). When you bring in a new player you do NOT get the points he has scored so far. Likewise, points scored by players you transfer out are FROZEN and remain on your overall score.

You must not bust your £50million budget and your team must not have more than two players from any one Premier League club. But just like registration, our easy transfer procedure ensures you cannot go over the limit. Remember, some players have moved clubs in real life but for Dream Team purposes remain with their original clubs.

There will be a charge of £1.50 each time you make transfers during a Transfer Window. This can be paid either by a valid debit/credit card or by calling a special transfer payment hotline. This is a fixed charge no matter whether you make one, two or three transfers.

I think i know which one is more open to the so called pro player who sits infront of his pc 24/7.

anyway good luck with your fantasy side now sod off to your own thread :D

Crosser :clapper::clapper: ...HP, is it merely coincidence that each time you've posted an updated account as to who has entered the dreamteam league the team that goes by the name "THE CLASS OF COOPSIE" is always in the bottom three??. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Helston Patriot

I know i wasn;t happy with that so hopefully he'll take one off.

I've set up a reserve team league for our other teams. I've posted the league name and password on the sun message board.

Good luck to all. It's a great idea, but beyond me in principle to pay £5 to the Sun. Then further money for tranfers. Are you lot kidding???

This is where the best fantasy football is. Free too.

http://channel4.fantasyleague.com/

Coopsie, your teams are rubbish! Just like my goalkeeping!!!!

Mangle mate, your goalkeeping was of a better standard than that useless german Hasselhoff lookalike that represents the goonies each week. My dreamteam on the channel4 site will easily beat yours, you know this and that's the real reason that you don't want to enter The Sun dreamteam. My son's channel4 dreamteam will also beat yours. As for the extra money for transfers, why would you want to change something that isn't broken?.

Depends how you look at it crosser mate. There's also the fact that if he chooses not to replace the injured players, they wont lose him any points. It's getting close now, perhaps it's time to get some direct links to the mini league and the other prediction thing put on site?.

Looks like i'm first for the sack....half of my team are chuffing injured......I bet I'm bottom.

You're mid table Baggie mate. Don't concern yourself too much, You could be doing as poorly as Helston Patriot. :D

JoJo, I see your team was aptly named!!. Mens pants indeed. Although you should have just gone with "TOTAL PANTS".

league table 2 date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Richies Rockets RICHARD FULL 63

2 nooth fc antony williams 54

3 omerta tony pentecost 51

4 baldu utd alan merrifield 45

5 THE RIISE OF DROGBA jamie chown 43

6 Tucksy hit or miss! Steven Tucker 43

7 mhl2 john kelly 37

8 crosser Dean Cross 37

9 THE CLASS OF COOPSIE stuart cooper 35

10 covwolf XI Steven Shepherd 34

11 Never SAY Never darren payne 33

12 blair2brown own goal steven bates 30