Cornwall Football Forum

The Sun Dream Team - Forum MINI LEAGUE

Guest Chris B

Guest Helston Patriot

Alright guys,

Lets see how good you all are with a £50M budget! I've set up a DREAMTEAM mini league for us football forum members.

Go to www.dreamteamfc.com

Its £5 for a team and MY rule is you can only enter 1 team into it.

PM me when you've set up your team and i'll send you the MINI LEAGUE name and password!!!

LETS SEE WHO's THE BEST ARM CHAIR MANAGER?!?!

C'mon coopsie...

HOW TO SCORE IN FULL: 12 EASY STEPS

1. Players who appear in the official Dream Team list score points in Premier League, Champions League, UEFA Cup, FA Cup and Carling Cup matches from Saturday August 11th 2007 until the final game of the season. Qualifying rounds for the Champions League do NOT count. Players not picked for ANY reason score zero points for each game they miss.

2. Three points are awarded to a player given a mark of seven or more in The Sun newspaper's individual ratings carried with every match report. A five-point bonus is awarded to The Sun's Star Man, making his rating total eight points. In addition to the bonus points on offer from the Sun, this season players will also receive extra points for being named in the News of the World ’s ‘Dream Team of the day’. Players playing in games on a Saturday ONLY will be eligible and will receive two bonus points for being named in the 11-man ‘Team of the Day’ or eight points if they are named the [top player] in their position. A top-goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and striker will be named in each News of the World ‘Dream Team of the day’.

3. Five points are awarded for a goal scored. A player scoring three or more goals per game gets five additional bonus points. A player who has been awarded points as described above will retain those points regardless of whether a goal is attributed to another player at a later date. Any player who is subsequently awarded a goal will not receive the points retrospectively, nor will the original scorer lose points.

4. A goalkeeper or a defender who keeps a clean sheet scores five points. If they concede one goal, they score no points, two goals -1, three goals -2 and so on.

5. A midfielder whose team keeps a clean sheet scores two points. Midfielders are not penalised if their side concedes goals.

6. Any player who is booked loses a point. A player sent off loses three points in total. Any player that loses points for a booking or sending off will not have those points reinstated if the offence is rescinded on appeal.

7. A goalkeeper who saves a penalty scores three points. A ‘save' is defined as a goal not being scored directly from the penalty spot (e.g. if the ball rebounds off a post then that is a 'save'). Penalty save points are awarded even if a goal is scored subsequently (e.g. from open play after the ball has rebounded off a post).

8. Any player who comes on a substitute at any time scores or loses points as if he had played the whole match. Players subbed off also score or lose points in normal fashion regardless of how long they were on the pitch.

9. The season's top individual scorer earns a 20-point bonus. In the event of a tie, each of the tied top-scorers will get 20 points.

10. There will be TWO mid-season Transfer Windows. During each one you can swap up to three players providing you do not break any of the existing rules - making a total of six changes in total over the course of the game. The first window will be in October, the second in January.

11. Any player transferred from one Premier League club to another continues to score points in his team. For the purposes of the game, he stays registered with his original club. If a player leaves the Premier League, his points are frozen until such a time that he returns.

12. The rules remain the same for games involving extra-time/injury time. A match that is 0-0 after 90 minutes/injury time must be 0-0 after extra-time for keepers, defenders and midfielders to keep clean sheets. Penalty shootouts do not count. Replays are counted as separate games.

Guest Helston Patriot

DONE, FIRTH EASY MONEY!!!

Rich, You can register via tinternet which will be quicker.

Good to hear from you BAGMAN how's the ardvarks?

Still haven't seen coopsies team yet!

poo,sorry HP mate.been a tad busy.anyway whats the deadline for this because there's obviously going to be more comings and goings before the big kick off and it will surely be beneficial to leave it as long as possible?.i'll follow rich's route i think and pick up a sun tomorrow BUT there could be many changes yet and those that have jumped in quickly could be coming back to make changes.being a dreamteam virgin,i'm unsure as to whether people making last minute changes could complicate things.

oh,another thing HP,WHY SO KEEN TO SEE ME ENTER THIS MINI LEAGUE OF YOURS???.me thinks you want me to suffer a little humiliation? :c:

Coopsie mate i have entered my team although my side now will be changed before the season - not much though. You get unlimited transfers between now and the season starts. You can normally be clever about it if you thought itw worth while. You could get Ronaldo Manu utd, Rooney Man Utd and Tevez as a west ham player if you do it early so its worth while doing it early as you can overcome the 2 team per team rule........ are spurs signing any more mediocre players that you might want to include????

good post until the end whitney you cheeky b*****d. :clapper: .surely the tevez thing you suggested will be impossible to do because it will be the team you put in at the start of the season and by then he will be a utd player,therefore ruling out what you said.also ronaldo,rooney and tevez would probably use the whole budget??

pidge mate,i agree..get the whole forum to put in a team.it would create some awesome banter (if the "powers that be" allow it ofcourse).

I dont know the ins and outs of this dream team coopsie but the dream team i used to do is the players has couunted as players for the clubs when the teams are submitted. You submit your team when you enter it and then you have Unlimited transfers afterwards.

A couple of years ago i had SWP as a man city player when he was a chelsea player plus lamps and terry. If i transferred SWP out and then tried to bring him back in again he would be blocked becuase he was then chelsea. So im guessing this is based on when the team is submitted not season starting.

P.S. SWP was a waste of 6 mill back then - never f'ingplayed

Guest Helston Patriot

My only rule was that you can ONLY ENTER ONE TEAM into the cornish soccer league. Have as many teams you want but ONLY ONE in the league to make it fair.....

How to score in Dream Team

Awarded seven or more in SunSport's player ratings 3 points

Star Man in SunSport's player ratings 5 points

Goal scored 5 points

Scoring three or more goals per game 5 points

Clean sheet (keeper/defender) 5 points

Clean sheet (midfielder) 2 points

Conceded more than one goal (keeper/defender) -1 point per goal

Penalty save (keeper) 3 points

Booking -1 point

Sent off -3 points in total

Season's top individual points scorer bonus 20 points

Guest Helston Patriot

Coopsie, You have unlimited free transfers until the first game of season...

Baggie, once you've done your team, you should have an option to "create mini league" or "join mini league"

click join and enter the name of league (cornish soccer) and password (kernow)

Cheers

Yeh i know HP mate, but i can't be bothered to keep making changes etc if somebody else i'd prefer comes along or somebody i selected gets an injury etc. Also gives me a bit more time to be totally thorough and ensure that i put everything into it before i get humiliated and finish dead last. :( . How's the number of entries looking mate?. Good response so far?. Quite a good idea and could provide some great banter between us all.

Guest Helston Patriot

Only got 4 teams so far... Hopefully it'll pick up. :unsure:

Should be good for banter, hope i dont lose as it was my idea! :(

Great idea HP we have been running one at work based on the Suns dreamteam for years and does indeed cause a lot of banter (and ridicule :) ) throughout the season,also makes watching games on Sky more interesting when youve players playing.Just one point i think you'll find the News of the World has some input to the scoring this year with their Team of the Day giving 2 pts for a player making the top 11 and 8 pts for being top man in respective positions.Like coopsie will enter later after all the transfer sagas have been sorted.

HOW TO SCORE IN SUMMARY

RULE POINTS

Awarded seven or more in Sun Sport's player ratings 3

Star Man in Sun Sport's player ratings 5

Goal Scored 5

Top in Position in News of the World Dream Team of the day 8

The remaining seven players in News of the World Dream Team of the day (not including Top in Position) 2

Scoring three or more goals per game 5

Clean Sheet (keeper/defender) 5

Clean Sheet (midfielder) 2

Conceded more than one goal (keeper/defender) -1 per goal

Penalty save (keeper) 3

Booking -1

Sent off -3 in total

Season's top individual points scorer bonus 20

NEW: For Games played on a Saturday there are additional points allocated by the News of the World. The News of the World will publish their Dream Team of the day on Sundays based on matches played on Saturday

HP, Yyou have your wish my son. I am registered and in your mini league. Don't you think it would be good to get a link to the mini league site so that people can have a look at the teams already registered?. The banter would begin pretty quickly and perhaps a "sub section" for us to banter on would be worth thinking about?. We don't want to offend the "cornish soccer only" brigade.

Also sent an invite from the link to everybody in my contacts HP. Hopefully that will boost the numbers a bit?.

Guest Helston Patriot

I cant put a link in mate as you have to sign in then go to mini league.

When the season gets underway i'll post the table up to see how bad i'm doing!!

I'm going up the A30 to the M5 to hopefully watch R2D2 kick the crap out of C3PO in the hope of needing to call 999 and on the way home i'm going to listen to a bit of BLINK182 before arriving home in TR18 and if possible i'll make my journey in a Triumph TR7.... I realise it's probably not as important or exciting (or real for that matter) as what you guys are on about but i just wanted to fit in. :D

Guest Helston Patriot

We now have 13 teams...

1 crosser Dean Cross 0

2 Carharrack AFC Richard Chown 0

3 Tucksy hit or miss! Steven Tucker 0

4 Patriot games Chris Breasley 0

5 baldu utd alan merrifield 0

6 baggie nick ward 0

7 M-I-K-E-S T-E-A-M Mike Anderson 0

8 blair2brown own goal steven bates 0

9 biltong beasts michael hawke-treneer 0

10 omerta tony pentecost 0

11 THE CLASS OF COOPSIE stuart cooper 0

12 bissoe utd alan merrifield 0

13 Underlane United Scott Whitney 0

ANY MORE FOR ANYMORE?????

:c:

Why am i more excited about this getting underway than i am for the real season to start?. Great news that the numbers are going up but i find it weird or hard to believe that out of the hundreds of registered users of this forum, only this few will take part in what is just a bit of fun. Well it'll be fun for me because i'll be winning it and laughing whilst the person that came up with the idea finishes last. :clapper:

Guest crosser

We now have 13 teams...

1 crosser Dean Cross 0

2 Carharrack AFC Richard Chown 0

3 Tucksy hit or miss! Steven Tucker 0

4 Patriot games Chris Breasley 0

5 baldu utd alan merrifield 0

6 baggie nick ward 0

7 M-I-K-E-S T-E-A-M Mike Anderson 0

8 blair2brown own goal steven bates 0

9 biltong beasts michael hawke-treneer 0

10 omerta tony pentecost 0