Cornwall Football Forum

St. Day Manager

Yawn Yawn....boring boring but I thought I would post before the rumour gets out of control as per normal, and everyone gets bored with the topic.....

Unfortunately Steve has decided to step down as manager of St Day 1st team because of not being able to commit has he first thought. He also didn’t want to get halfway through the season and put the club in the same position as last season. He also as two boys that are heavily involved in football and didn't want to get in the position of not supporting them as much as required.

As a club we’ve thanked Steve for his enormous efforts keeping the team going at the end of last season, which really was a huge task, and wish him every success in the future. It was a huge shocked to us last night at our AGM, but football goes on and the committee our now making the decision on the new manager for the forthcoming season, however at the same time taking in to consideration the seconds and thirds who don't forget were hugely successful last season and we don't want all that hard work to go to waste.

We as a committee understand that there is only 6 weeks until the start of the new season and are working hard over the weekend to make the correct decision.

Hope this answers your questions, and we will update all that are interested in due course.

Kindest Regards

Mark Leah

(On behalf of ST DAY AFC)

Maybe we should of done, but who will know. A club setting an ambition of promotion from our reserves at the start of the season and then ends up not only securing promotion from both teams, but included 1 team winning a league, also in four cup finals two of which they one, yep ceratinly sounds like a club going backwards to me.

Anyway tyson thats fine if you think its a club going backwards come and help us go forward in your mind or dont bother to come at all.

Thanks for the interest in st day afc as always

Mark

A club going backwards in my mind!

How does the old saying go....? "Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to go forwards"??? I'm sure everyone at St Day is doing their best for the club for the coming season and I personally wish them the best of luck, they've taken some real stick on here over the past couple of years and in spite of the haters they are still pushing on to provide the best football they can.

I'm sorry tom & jerry, but I forgot that when a team succeeds you’re just meant to shut your mouth and not say any more about it. We are not compensating for any team and yes the first team just isn't going to plan at the moment. The plan this season was to feed from the reserve teams and help the first just as a club should be run, last season we boosted are reserves to get as high up in the new Trelawney league as possible, which was a big thing but paid off in some respects but perhaps the fact of stabilising the first team that didn't.

Smudge thanks very much and yeah your right we realised we had to go back to go forward and get are reserve players at a standard to help the combination team. We are working very hard behind the scene just like any club and unfortunately the first team is a bit of a headache but were hoping we can try and get it right asap.

The boys in question left at Christmas to go to threemilestone it's great to know they are still there, the junior players are more than capable to play at a senior standard however due to also playing Sunday league it makes it difficult when they want to play both days.

Anyways thanks aging for your valuable interest.

Mark

Yeah, we know that and that is what we have been saying. We put our time in to our reserve sides so that we were in higher leagues when the two leagues merged. If we didn't we could of ended up having two reserves sides in div 4 & 6 and when looking to feed players into our combo team, the players playing at that standard may not be good enough.

Whereas now we have teams in div 1 and 4, which was the best possible result, and hopefully we have kept the players therefore having players to feed the first team and hopefully attracting new players available to play at that standard and going on to feed the first team.

It could of all gone horrible wrong in the respect of the first team getting relegated but it didn't an as the saying goes there was method in our madness!!!

We as a club our building for the future and not tomorrow. It's a small step to hopefully better things.

Rome wasn't built in a day Tyson, and was just trying our best to succeed and bring successful football to our village and the community.

What club our you involved in just out of curiosity??

Kindest Regards

Mark

I'm sorry tom & jerry, but I forgot that when a team succeeds you’re just meant to shut your mouth and not say any more about it. We are not compensating for any team and yes the first team just isn't going to plan at the moment. The plan this season was to feed from the reserve teams and help the first just as a club should be run, last season we boosted are reserves to get as high up in the new Trelawney league as possible, which was a big thing but paid off in some respects but perhaps the fact of stabilising the first team that didn't.

Smudge thanks very much and yeah your right we realised we had to go back to go forward and get are reserve players at a standard to help the combination team. We are working very hard behind the scene just like any club and unfortunately the first team is a bit of a headache but were hoping we can try and get it right asap.

The boys in question left at Christmas to go to threemilestone it's great to know they are still there, the junior players are more than capable to play at a senior standard however due to also playing Sunday league it makes it difficult when they want to play both days.

Anyways thanks aging for your valuable interest.

Mark

i think a couple more may have arrived since mate

Yes a few more players have gone 3ms way since end of season, which is great for them and i wish them all the best for this season, gonna have a strong team once again.

best of luck from everyone at Portreath AFC

As for st.day, unlucky guys, now you have the task of trying to get boys to play in combo league, when all they want to do is play lower league and win trophies.

Yes a few more players have gone 3ms way since end of season, which is great for them and i wish them all the best for this season, gonna have a strong team once again.

As for st.day, unlucky guys, now you have the task of trying to get boys to play in combo league, when all they want to do is play lower league and win trophies.

If you read further back most of them like to play Sunday's with their mates, partly what all of football is about! So senior football is not an option in that case!

Portreath legend what an unintelligent person you really are!

One slight difference between st day and portreath is that when the S**t hit the fan they managed to pull together put three sides out every week and stay in the combo league!

Also remember you will have to come to vogue park to play the reserves this season so think before you post next time!

I'll be there I'm the fat guy who usually helps out in the dugout or sometimes helps out on the bench!

Why not come over and shake my hand! You can't miss me!,

If you read further back most of them like to play Sunday's with their mates, partly what all of football is about! So senior football is not an option in that case!

One slight difference between st day and portreath is that when the S**t hit the fan they managed to pull together put three sides out every week and stay in the combo league!

Also remember you will have to come to vogue park to play the reserves this season so think before you post next time!

I'll be there I'm the fat guy who usually helps out in the dugout or sometimes helps out on the bench!

the guys that have left dont play sundays and havent for the last 4 seasons ha ha ha

so no they dont want to play sundays they just dont want to play for st.day

Shame to see a club like St. Day with great facilities struggling with the 1st team like they do, i believe from mine & roscoes interview 2 seasons ago they have had about 5 managers. The commitee seem right the set up seems right, as my mate steve says get the 1st team in order and the rest should fall into place.In my opinion, The next 1st team manager should be in charge of overseeing all 3 teams to which the 2nd & 3rd team managers will adhere to. Bring in players that want to play for the club because they like or love their club,as for sunday football if it clashes any one else that signs has to be made aware that 1st team comes first so can not play for just 2nds or 3rds unless the ability of that players is clearly recognisable. ie there not good enough for 1st team but ideal for 3rds etc... My honest opinion is St.Day tried to run much before walking in combo a few good youngsters & a couple of old heads & a realistic top ten finish would suffice this season,keep what you have next year bring in two or three more and 5th or 6th could be there, 3rd season who knows the combo is not what it was,you will always be up against three or four sides that pay, but everyone has to live with that. Like at one or two clubs in that league if you have a spnsor of 50 pound per game throw it to the drivers on away games and at home get the jugs in. Me personally 1st 2nd & 3rd team managers should hand out a beer card for the first pint get your food and away yo go the atmosphere is what you make it,at a club like this it should be rocking. On the subject of fraggles bloody shame top guy love him to bits bit clumsy with flasks though :yahoo:

the guys that have left dont play sundays and havent for the last 4 seasons ha ha ha

so no they dont want to play sundays they just dont want to play for st.day

Mr Legend maybe if you feel that strongly you should chuck your hat into the ring at St day and take on the managment mantle

you obviously have such strong feelings and opinions about the club,

either that or get your own house in order!

i was referring to the people who play for the reserves who play sundays actually

yeah some shit has gone down at st day most of it being made pretty public and people have left the club at the wrong times and dropped other people right in it, but they still put three teams out week in week out and didnt finish worse off than ludgvan in the combo league!!!

think portreath made that jump too far and backfired for them even worse!

if you would like to contact me via P.M then i will happily answer any questions that you would like to know the answers to(if i know the answer)

or why not pop along for an interview to become first team manger i am sure that you would be made very welcome at the club!

The (fat) CAT

Yawn Yawn....boring boring but I thought I would post before the rumour gets out of control as per normal, and everyone gets bored with the topic.....

Unfortunately Steve has decided to step down as manager of St Day 1st team because of not being able to commit has he first thought. He also didn’t want to get halfway through the season and put the club in the same position as last season. He also as two boys that are heavily involved in football and didn't want to get in the position of not supporting them as much as required.

As a club we’ve thanked Steve for his enormous efforts keeping the team going at the end of last season, which really was a huge task, and wish him every success in the future. It was a huge shocked to us last night at our AGM, but football goes on and the committee our now making the decision on the new manager for the forthcoming season, however at the same time taking in to consideration the seconds and thirds who don't forget were hugely successful last season and we don't want all that hard work to go to waste.

We as a committee understand that there is only 6 weeks until the start of the new season and are working hard over the weekend to make the correct decision.

Hope this answers your questions, and we will update all that are interested in due course.

Kindest Regards

Mark Leah

(On behalf of ST DAY AFC)

Didn't mean to cause offence,St.Day nice club that have maybe made some mistakes,but the old saying is you should learn to walk before trying to run.All the best for the season. :blink: