Cornwall Football Forum

Combonation League Predictions 07/08

Guest firthy

Coops, I know what you're saying about the combo winners NOT being demeaned by Truro's ten point deduction....but I just doubt Carl Lewis was celebrating quite the same when he picked up the gold medal after finsihing second to drugs cheat Ben Johnson at the 88 Olympics....but on the other hand, (and since Im stuck in an eighties sporting timewarp), Im sure Marseille, AC Milan, Red Star Belgrade etc didnt feel too bad about lifting the European Cups just because English clubs were serving a 5 year exile due to liverpudlian hooliganism !

Im not so certain Sir Trevor will have it so easy anyway ! Everyone expected Truro to walk it last year as holders but it wont be easy to keep a squad together when half of them are disenchanted about not being with the first team and the other half are fed up of being dropped to accomodate superstars dropped down for the odd game or two.

No doubt on paper they will be strong enough to deal with a ten point deficit and there could be no better manager than TM to get the job done...as for the ten points, Im not niave enough to think I can get my team up to the top this year so I wont be the player/manager tasting sour champagne for winning the league via a technicality !

Lets hope Truro either finish mid table or win it comfortably so the ten point issue doesnt even get mentioned...we can debate all day about whether the deduction is fair - and think we already have done to death on this forum !

Good luck to everyone. The season cant come quick enough for me.

Who is tom russell?Has tony vaughan turned up yet :yahoo::yahoo: coopsie r you related to hp? B)

NO, we just share hair. You blow your own trumpet extremely loudly fella and people are waiting for you to fall flat on your face. It may or may not happen next season but when it does you can rest assured that many people from here will be quick to get on your back. Alot of (if not all) people on here were chuffed for mousehole last season after what they accomplished and the way they kept up the standard all season BUT all that you're achieving with your constant "enjoy life down in the lowly combo" talk is a severe resentment towards you and your beloved club. Perhaps you should take a step back and think to yourself how long it was that mousehole were doing f**k all except for making up the numbers in that lowly little league and achieving absolutely nothing. For years and years you were as successful as the awesome Ludgvan FC, You must be immensely chuffed with that success?.

Just remember that you didn't actually win anything last season (you do not win promotion,you win a league or achieve promotion). Well done for finishing second in the league but does that make you the first loser?. You were at the top of the league for a long time but finished second, You were in a cup final but came second. Are you a club of "bottlers"?. Are you setting yourself up to be shot down?. Is seagull already implying that he's once again going to rely on the goals of jojo to keep the team going after his "the way jojo is looking in training" comment?.

Good luck with your bet Seagull and i hope that you and your team have a good season BUT it may not be a bad thing to consider putting a muzzle on the mouth of Green Grass?. Jojo, hope the goalscoring continues buddy and you enjoy a good season.

after playing the helston combo yesterday in a friendly i have to think there after top spot, it should be an interesting season and will b very close.

Guest WINNO

WE PLAYED OK FOR A 1ST RUN OUT WITH 6 OF OUR SQUAD UNAVALIABLE. TONY MORLEY IS CARRYING AN INJURY, LIAM DID LOOK LIVELY AND DOMO IS JUST DOMO HE NOTCHED AS USUAL.

WHAT ABOUT THE OLD HELSTON KEEPER JOJO WHAT WAS HE LIKE BUD............

he looks gd in training m8 but will have 2 wait 4 a game 2 c his true colours , as 4 morley my advise 2 him would b 2 rest up until hes fully fit cuz ive been there b4 playing with injuries and u do urself no justice playing while injured and end up out of the game 4 longer.

jojo, the challenges were tough, the movement off the ball was good, posession was great, and for a first runout that was a good game for any team, scorelines at a friendly mean bugger all, craig in the midfield is def helstons key player, the five or six players that were unavailable does not make that much of a difference, you have to learn to play with all the squad, its a bonus having the large squad to cope with the injuries. :)

jollyman,i see what you and other's are saying about how it could undermine other teams achievements if Truro dont win the league BUT it is not a shame because whoever wins the league (if not truro) will have deserved it because they were fair in the previous season and fulfilled all their fixtures, some with extremely weakened teams and others like ludgvan even turning out without a full team.

Does anybody seriously think that whoever wins the league (if not truro) will give a damn if they win it by getting a couple more points than the superstars of city??.NO, they will enjoy their success and if the obvious happens and people say "well if Truro weren't deducted 10 points at the start of the season, they would be champions", the winners would simply say "that's their fault and they should have thought of that before they showed such disrespect for everybody last season", then go and enjoy a bloody nice combo winning pint.

Good luck at newquay with the totally new structure,staff etc and i hope that your fortunes are improved.I've read quite a few posts saying that winno will get Helston challenging this season and although it seems that they have some great lads up there (can only go by what i know/read from this forum), unless they have the players,they wont be able to do much. Could mourinho win the premiership with fulham?,you know what i mean. Guess nobody really knows what will happen until teams and squads are finalised and the season gets underway.Seems like there should be alot of good competition in the combo league this season and i hope that you all enjoy it as much as it seems you will. "Good luck to you all".

coopsie i am not taking over at fulham :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest Helston Patriot

Tom you are getting boring now... <_<

And for the record, Craig Taylor is A PLAYER NOT A CLUB!!??!!

Please stop making yourself look like a fool... I pity you

Will St Day still have Stuey and Hawkey though???

They're two of their main players, especially Stu up front, scored a lot of goals for them, every team needs a 20+ goal striker a season, if you haven't got one of them, you'll win nothing in any league!

Truro to win it, Falmouth Town depending on who they attract will be alright, Helston depending on if they all fit together, Aggie have a decent squad. Wendron reserves will be near the basement, Hayle will do alright.

Tom you are getting boring now... <_<

And for the record, Craig Taylor is A PLAYER NOT A CLUB!!??!!

Please stop making yourself look like a fool... I pity you

i understand that he is not a club, but you need the driving force in a team, someone who breaks a team down, he has it from what i see.