Cornwall Football Forum

Lee Bradd signs for St Dennis FC.

Have to agree. The old joke about having more clubs than Jack Nicklaus (Rory McIlroy for the younger readers) may be a little harsh but he can play almost anywhere if required (I mean on the field). How do St Dennis fancy their chances after promotion? Most comments on here seem quite hopeful.

Have to agree. The old joke about having more clubs than Jack Nicklaus (Rory McIlroy for the younger readers) may be a little harsh but he can play almost anywhere if required (I mean on the field). How do St Dennis fancy their chances after promotion? Most comments on here seem quite hopeful.

I know its early days but pre season training has been brilliant so far! We bought a few quality players in (the obvious one being Lee Bradd), Liam Dingle nearly set to put pen to paper and ontop of the talent we already have at the club, i dont see why we cant challenge for a top 3 finish if we all stick together. But like i said its still early so we will just see what happens during our pre season matches.

Well Santini11 your club is for sure to be in the TOP 3 when it comes to Budgets this season....

Still a considerable amount short of Newquays budget this season though, so not as much pressure on St Dennis.

Budget does not always bring you success and teams like Vospers, Callington,Plymstock, Godolphin and Perranporth will be right up there with you big spenders this season.

Good luck to all at St Dennis who have come from knowhere in the last few seasons, keep up the good work.

Look out for Truro City reserves, they are looking strong.

Your not very optimistic Batesy, seems though you are part of St Dennis FC. I was just stating that i dont see why we couldnt 'CHALLENGE' for a top 3 finish, considering the amount of good players we have. Of course holding our own is our main aim but theres nothing wrong with thinking above expectations. I agree with 'Our Time Now', you dont need a budget to do well in this league and we have no budget at St Dennis what so ever! Theres going to be alot of very strong teams challenging for the title this coming season, i dont think Newquay will have it all there own way to be honest.

Lee Bradd, top fella, always happy to join in the banter about his hair, great player to have on your side. Massive signing for the Saints, looking forward to our games against them.

Truro have lost some good lads but gained others. Helston will be up there with St Dennis, Callington and Newquay hopefully. There will be a dozen sides capable of putting a challenge in, it will be the most open season yet.

Newquay are happy to bankrupt the club to get promoted, money no object, clubhouse re-mortgaged, Mewton has sold a kidney, banks have been robbed and the club website is a front for ThaiBrides.cum. This weeks €185m €uroMillions has been rigged and we've spent too much on buying Plymuff and Truro $ity, we still have €184,999,999.98 left.

Nemesis has bitten.....

You say an open season, but come on you must admit with the squad that is being assembled you really have to expect to be be promoted as champions this season.

Is it right that Flybe and a certain Hotelier are bankrolling the teams persuit of glory this season.

Dangerous to rely on one business and a certain individual for your only income, however saying that Truro and Falmouth seem to do ok.

Its ok to admit that your club is in a good position at the moment and have a healthy budget, just put it down to jealousy of others if they have a dig, "Our time now" mentions that you have a budget of between 400 and 600 per game.. personally if this is true its good for Newquay, however looking at the players that are joining a budget closer to 600 is probably about fair.

Good luck this season, you wont need it though, you should walk to promotion.

Take care

Money Man

ps does anypne have the number of Flybe as I believe i sence a further sponsorship opportunity. Ha !!!

Nemesis has bitten.....

You say an open season, but come on you must admit with the squad that is being assembled you really have to expect to be be promoted as champions this season.

Is it right that Flybe and a certain Hotelier are bankrolling the teams persuit of glory this season.

Dangerous to rely on one business and a certain individual for your only income, however saying that Truro and Falmouth seem to do ok.

Its ok to admit that your club is in a good position at the moment and have a healthy budget, just put it down to jealousy of others if they have a dig, "Our time now" mentions that you have a budget of between 400 and 600 per game.. personally if this is true its good for Newquay, however looking at the players that are joining a budget closer to 600 is probably about fair.

Good luck this season, you wont need it though, you should walk to promotion.

Take care

Money Man

ps does anypne have the number of Flybe as I believe i sence a further sponsorship opportunity. Ha !!!

Didn't realise Jim Hilton was connected with a hotel chain, must have a word.

As for our all our potential sponsors for the coming seasons, the press will be the first to be advised as and when all parties are available for the proposed launch. The fact remains, that Newquay will not be going down the road of financial ruin again... been there, done that, didn't get into the new SWPL Prem when it was created. St Austell have been the masters of generating income for the last two seasons, can't see that changing anytime soon.

Anyway, Lee Bradd has always been a Peppermints favourite, if he were to take a drastic cut in expenses, I'm sure he would be made welcome back at Mount Wise.

As a Newquay supporter, I would love to see us playing our old SWL pals again, you try Callington away in a snowstorm, Vospers and Plymstock in the pouring rain amongst others, it's not much fun.

Thought Bradders was going travelling in October?

He said he booked to go for four weeks in October but he is not sure if he can afford to go now, and contrary to popular belief we will not be helping him fund his tour!!

But even if he does shoot off for a while he would still be good to have at the club!

Lee Bradd has made it crystal clear to the managment team at St Dennis that he will be at the club for the season, so a drastic u-turn back to mountwise looks highly unlickly!!!

bradders is more of a mercenary than lee whetters so ill b surprised if hes there at xmas and his hair cut is sillier than mine

Lee Bradd has made it crystal clear to the managment team at St Dennis that he will be at the club for the season, so a drastic u-turn back to mountwise looks highly unlickly!!!

bradders is more of a mercenary than lee whetters so ill b surprised if hes there at xmas and his hair cut is sillier than mine

no it's not...

Sorry Santini, just being realistic, like LRicks says, mid table staying in the League would be a good season for Saints 1st season with the big boys. Also just goes to show if you have a good structure and management team you can acheive anything with zero budget.

Not forgetting the talent in the Squad, which you rightly said.

COME ON THE SAINTS