Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League AGM outcome

Five member clubs were fined fifty pounds each for non attendance of the league AGM.

At least one club did not attend due to an accident. The League are not interested. They want the cash. I have informed the league my club will pay half to the league and half to any named charity and this offer has been refused by the league.

I know many will think I am splitting hairs here but consider this first: what if the officials of my club did not attend due to an accident, a death, or worse; a family disaster? We were never asked why we didn't attend. Okay, so where does this fifty quid go?

A player sent off in a Duchy League match is fined £25, a player booked is fined £10. So if an official does not attend a bloody meeting; his club is fined £50. Does this make any sense? No, of course it bloody doesn't!

Duchy League: attend to your brains. You're out of order.

I repeat: I will pay £25 fine and give £25 to charity. If this is not acceptable; I will resign my position at my club' or and take legal advice.

Five member clubs were fined fifty pounds each for non attendance of the league AGM.

At least one club did not attend due to an accident. The League are not interested. They want the cash. I have informed the league my club will pay half to the league and half to any named charity and this offer has been refused by the league.

I know many will think I am splitting hairs here but consider this first: what if the officials of my club did not attend due to an accident, a death, or worse; a family disaster? We were never asked why we didn't attend. Okay, so where does this fifty quid go?

A player sent off in a Duchy League match is fined £25, a player booked is fined £10. So if an official does not attend a bloody meeting; his club is fined £50. Does this make any sense? No, of course it bloody doesn't!

I repeat: I will pay £25 fine and give £25 to charity. If this is not acceptable; I will resign my position at my club' or and take legal advice.

Don't be a dimwit, the league quite rightly fined teams as per league rules. Non-attendance at the AGM ??? Surely every club would want to be present at an ANNUAL meeting :wacko:

Rules are rules Pablo! You are able to give apologies for not attending the AGM so if you are unable to attend you can just phone the league.

The Duchy League is regarded as one of the best run leagues around; I think you are totally wrong to start slating them with your comments. The Duchy League I'm sure would prefer not to fine clubs - but if say it was only a 50p fine for not attending the AGM several would probably not bother to turn up and just pay the 50p.

I hardly think threatening to resign or taking legal advice is going to help your case!

Just wanted to put Woodmanaldo (Alister) right, The Duchy League is the best run League in Cornwall.

Yeah should have said "the best run league" instead of "one of the...".

Pablo - I see on the Duchy League website that you finished 73rd of the 74 secretaries in the Duchy League, you're preaching like you're being picked on yet clearly you've had a few fines this season due to admin errors!

• 2 weeks later...