Cornwall Football Forum

No signings as yet on the SWPL website.

Newquay will still be very strong if they have retained the rest from last season, but thought a few players would have joined Glyn, Laffs, Mewton , Hunkin for coming season.

Perhaps the planning permission for the larger dugouts has been turned down and the current ones won’t allow 4 managers and up to 5 subs in there. (Just joking Nemesis)

Good luck Newquay for the coming season, from all at Truro city FC.

Newquay don't need many players to mount a very serious challenge next season. i do think that they need to sort out there back line, they looked very vulnerable last year, and they need to get a reliable goalkeeper, seemed to be a lot of panic at the back.

midfield and strikers were as good as there were in the west division last year but will be interesting to see if the new management team bring in players they are familiar with. will miss trip to newquay this year, have played some great matches down at mt wise over the last couple of years

Scot Palmer has left to join Truro city i see on the website.

Id imagine some will follow from St Blazey Reski, Smith etc

Ludlam is bound to go where Mewton is involved, so yes they are sure to be serious title contenders. They certainly are missed in the swpl prem. To long a sleeping giant.

Newquay fans enjoyed the SWPL 1W Runners Up season, even beating the champs PZ home & away. The Charity Cup victory v St Austell was sweet but until we get into the Prem and back into the FA Vase & Cup again, the club will continue to be seen as underachieving.

We have high hopes for 2011/12, the players seen at training will be a big boost to the squad, yes defenders and a keeper are priority, I'm sure Glynn has it covered. Looking forward to the 12th, Sticker away when we should see everyone get 20mins or so.