Cornwall Football Forum

Fal athletics defence

Well done on getting in the combo league, but i think that with the defnce they got, combo stikers will run riot against them! simply not good enough! take lee bradd away and athletic are in big troible! Are they after any new defwnders? Were any at pre season training???

Dom pullen, shane richards and steve brewer take on that sharpey, ryan scolesy, and the chacewater tall lad, theres only going to be one out come......... Goals goals goals!!

too early to tell really, the guys that are there now couldnt be that bad considering that they waltzed to the Div 1 title last season, not all combo sides have the likes of steve brewer and dom pullen in them, of course the team will need strengthening, all teams do when the get promoted, 1st team and 2nd teams deence, midfield and forward line are strong and will do more than enough to hold our own in the new leagues, dont worry too much about our squads, we will be fine by the time the season starts

im glad athletic been promoted but just think that with there poor defense thet will leak goals! Everyone knows the midfield and strikers will hold there own but also everyone know tjhat the players playing in defense are punching above there weight! Definately not senior players! To be honest lucky to have played div 1 last year!

Until they actually play senior football how does anybody know how we will cope, nobody knows what the defence will be at athletic next season, all people have to go on is what the back 4 was last season, they will all do well, like the rest of the club we all have the opportunity to play combo football, no more on this from me, going to let the football do the talking

Well done on getting in the combo league, but i think that with the defnce they got, combo stikers will run riot against them! simply not good enough! take lee bradd away and athletic are in big troible! Are they after any new defwnders? Were any at pre season training???

Dom pullen, shane richards and steve brewer take on that sharpey, ryan scolesy, and the chacewater tall lad, theres only going to be one out come......... Goals goals goals!!

Chacewater tall lad who would that be?

Dont no his name but he is a tall lad and he used to play for chasewater!

topcat, what are you on about!

To be fair TJ you must know a lot about these players but also the combo is hardly what it was im happy to have a fiver on athletic finishing in the top 12 :thumbsup: There are one or two junior sides that would deal with a few senior teams every week.

I can assure you that tom&jerry is not sloth, so stop bringing him into it it's bang out of order. The poor bloke keeps getting crap off everyone and it ain't him, surely people who know him would know that he would tell you to your face and not hide behind a name. Fal lad why the dig about penryns training I would take glasney over old hill any day. It's mild banter about a very low standard of football so just chill out abit and leave sloth out of it.

Only going on what i been told that tj is sloth, if its not then sorry mate, sloths a good guy and yes, he would say things to your face because i spoke to him over the weekend.

The dig at penryn training down glasney is, as you put it, banter. I dont see what is wrong with the pitches at dracena or the facilities, i have never had anything damaged or stolen in 10 years of playing there, yes the pitches never used to be great, but the council and people from the club have worked hard to get it to where it is noe. Like i said banter buzz, not sure myself why tj (who ever they may be) decided to have a go at athletics defence, im having my say because they arent no where near as bad as made out to be, finishing top of fhl 1 and conceded the fewest goals in the league kind of proves my point

I wondered why you kept refering to me as sloth? I thoughy you were having a dig coz im

Ugly!

I have a bit of an issue with your defense becaause i feel like i would walk in your team! dont rate any of the defenders!

Fallad, say all you like about penryn! I agree! Glasney woods is a joke! So your not offending me!

I have a opinion as much as you!

Buzz you are as stupid as Sloth of course he is Tom&Jerry as he regularly tells everyone,and my point is like you said Sloth would tell you to your face and he has just confirmed in the above post that he is ugly! fantastic piece of discription of himself.

If you think its someone else name them or we will take it Tom+Jerry is a mixture of Sloth+Donut

Is Lee Bradd definately leaving Athletic then? He will be a huge loss to them if he is going to play for St Dennis everyweek.

Topcat - any statement from the club?

Watched Athletic a couple of times last year and they had Hugh Gibbon? who used to play at Perranwell also playing centre back. Pretty sure he will do a steady job at Combo again.

If they retain last years team and maybe add a couple of new players where Phil Kellow thinks they are needed I would have thought they would be top half of the table in the Combo no problem.

:c:

Is Lee Bradd definately leaving Athletic then? He will be a huge loss to them if he is going to play for St Dennis everyweek.

Topcat - any statement from the club?

Watched Athletic a couple of times last year and they had Hugh Gibbon? who used to play at Perranwell also playing centre back. Pretty sure he will do a steady job at Combo again.

If they retain last years team and maybe add a couple of new players where Phil Kellow thinks they are needed I would have thought they would be top half of the table in the Combo no problem.

:c:

The answer to your question regarding Lee Bradd is that 'yes' he is playing for St Dennis SWPL every week. Ive been speaking to Lee alot over the course of the week and he is really excited about the start of the new season with us.