Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH TOWN LIES

Speaking to an insider of Falmouth town last night I was shocked to learn that the chairman made a statement in The Packet 2 weeks ago denying negotiations were under way to sell Bickland and relocate. He lied. It is common knowledge both in the club and in the town that talks have been held between committee members, a large solicitor company and developers over the last few months without the knowledge of the limited compasny who own the ground. the question to raise here as in the case of heaney, is, what can be gained from secrecy, lies and underhandedness ?

Bitabova,

I am also a little concerned about this not for sale story,

as I was told a few months ago that Falmouth Town were looking into a possible move from Bickland park to the Menay site, Which could be brought for a reasonable sum,

& that the management wanted to sell Bickland Park because it would cost more to bring it up to standard than it would to by the other site,

Also that the current Football site was worth in excess of 3 Million,

Maybe that the Committee has decided not to move,

but in any case I believe that the Supporters have a right to know the truth,

& above all we do not need any K Heaney ways & means of doing things,

So Come on Town Management let us have the real facts before this gets out of hand,

Hammers :c::huh: :c:

What exactly did the chairman say?

Article title - rumours of club pitch sale denied.

an anonymous source contacted the packet to say plans were being advanced to sell off Bickland park.

The chairman was keen to dismiss the speculation. He said, "there were plans years ago to move ground but the club stayed at Bickland park and that is where it will be for the foreseeable future".

Naivity and lack of deceit are to be applauded. There is much too much dishonesty in the world and there is nothing I hate more.

The Clubs future is what is important here. No individual egos, secret societies or underhandedness should enter into the equation . I think we can determine that the people known to be at the forefront of negotiations will not have broken any laws. However, in my opinion, the manner in which certain things have been and continue to be done fully justify cause for concern.

Well Bitabova why don't you pop down Bickland tomorrow and while your giving a hand Sprucing up the place you can ask the chairman yourself instead of fishing for answeres on the website, he's a nice bloke and anythink he does would only be in the interest of Falmouth Town football club, and as far as calling him a liar, dear oh dear !!!

How anyone can allow Mr Heaney near anything that is good is beyond me - businesses going bust and still owing lots of people lots of money but still can be seen as an advisor just does not make much sense. What happens when the FA squeeze him to decide on who he wants to be associated with - who picks up the pieces at Truro and Falmouth - usually no smoke without fire and the Falmouth chairman is an estate agent i think.......

Think everyone needs to take a step back as Steve Kimberly and Kevin Heaney both want whats best for their own clubs,Nobody has come up with facts and therefore people should concentrate on the success of their own clubs and not worry about others. (NEGATIVE ENERGY SPRINGS TO MIND)

Cant imagine theres a connection between the two

Wow, a bit nonplussed about this. Go away on holiday to Dorest for a week and all hell breaks loose! Don't know about the truth of the alleged move. Have only met Steve Kimberley once and to see him scraping and painting Bickland Park it didn't seem like an immediate move was in the offing but if loads of money is up for offer why not? Unless local people object greatly? Lets hear it if they do?

As for the Truro guy, seems unlikley??

Well Bitabova why don't you pop down Bickland tomorrow and while your giving a hand Sprucing up the place you can ask the chairman yourself instead of fishing for answeres on the website, he's a nice bloke and anythink he does would only be in the interest of Falmouth Town football club, and as far as calling him a liar, dear oh dear !!!

Well said. Stirring paint instead of stirring s*** and making hysterical accusations would be more productive.

The suggestion heaney was buying Bickland park was said in jest to be honest and it wasn't even on this thread!

Didn't the chairman before want to move? incidentally, after reading Massey Mutterings, How many clubs in the county own their ground?

The suggestion heaney was buying Bickland park was said in jest to be honest and it wasn't even on this thread!

Didn't the chairman before want to move? incidentally, after reading Massey Mutterings, How many clubs in the county own their ground?

I was at Bickland Park today and the suggestion (know you were not serious) caused much hilarity. A shadowy figure close to those at the top said, "The nearest Heaney will get to Bickland Park is when he watches his team lose to the Ambers on the 12th, that's if he turns up :)"

We are all human and by our very nature get things wrong from time to time. Its really just a misunderstanding among the powers that be. After reading 'This is Cornwall- football club rumours are scaremongering' from way back in May, I can see why bitabova raised the issue but I think all we can do is leave them to do what they think best for the club and hope its the right thing.

I did here that Mr Heaney had first dibs on half of Porthleven's car park, where the 5-a-side pitch is.

In exchange for that land he was going to build them a brand new clubhouse/changing facility inside Gala Park, replacing the current changing rooms.

Anyone else heard this and if so is it true?

No CTB but I did hear that Penzance were hoping to build a new club house and car park any truth in this one.

Cant imagine theres a connection between the two

Wow, a bit nonplussed about this. Go away on holiday to Dorest for a week and all hell breaks loose! Don't know about the truth of the alleged move. Have only met Steve Kimberley once and to see him scraping and painting Bickland Park it didn't seem like an immediate move was in the offing but if loads of money is up for offer why not? Unless local people object greatly? Lets hear it if they do?

As for the Truro guy, seems unlikley??

Would you say then that it would only be right, before any deal is sealed that the local people are informed of proposals? I am sure you would agree that it would be a great travesty if there was scant regard for proper consultation.