Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town Player News

Falmouthfan,

you should know by Now Falmouth always keep any news of transfers well hidden almost up to the first match of the new season,

But I am sure Alan Carey will be doing his best to put together a good team for the start of the new season,

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Falmouthfan,

you should know by Now Falmouth always keep any news of transfers well hidden almost up to the first match of the new season,

But I am sure Alan Carey will be doing his best to put together a good team for the start of the new season,

Hammers :c::clapper::c:

We can only hope!

Falmouthfan,

Hammers :c::clapper::c:

Aren't all transfers reported on the CSWPL web site under Stats & Facts? However, I do know of 1 or 2 that have yet to be put on there.

Keep it up Falmouthfan, you're doing a good job keeping everyone reading about Falmouth Town.

You are doing a Falmouth Town blog, knew about them needing help over the weekend, painting, going on about merchandise, asking people to vote on an on-line poll, etc.

You know more about the club than you let on so to ask a question about any new players is just to get people reading and writing about Falmouth on another thread.

Keep it up Falmouthfan, you're doing a good job keeping everyone reading about Falmouth Town.

You are doing a Falmouth Town blog, knew about them needing help over the weekend, painting, going on about merchandise, asking people to vote on an on-line poll, etc.

You know more about the club than you let on so to ask a question about any new players is just to get people reading and writing about Falmouth on another thread.

Well, if it keeps people reading about Falmouth Town then that is a good thing :) But actually I don't know much about the club. As anybody who knows anything about the club will tell you, I am relatively new. So the question was genuine.

But, as you know about the blog, painting, the merchandise and the voting then it must be working!

Sorry if I am posting too much guys. Just enthusistic :)

Cornishteddyboy,

I see your blog at the bottom about the history of the teddy boys,

I was in the Falmouth & district Young Farmers club at the time, There was always fights between What we called the mods & rockers, but us young Farmers never had any trouble with them we used to be around 6 of us sometimes walking through Falmouth Town Centre,

I do remember once when we had a Young Farmers Dance on at the DCLI drill Hall Bar road, the rockers one night tried to gate crash, the two chaps at the door caught the eye of some other young Farmers who asked the Rockers to leave quietly, I think the sight of some pretty big young Farmers soon persuaded them to move on,

But nevertheless compared to some of the thugs of today they were ###### cats.

Hammers :c::yahoo: :c:

I was born in 1955 and my father was in the RAF. One of the stations he was based at was Mildenhall from 1962-64, which was and still is a US Air Force base.

I must have been very impressionable because that is when I formed my life-long love of Rock'n'Roll, rockabilly and doo-wop. Mind you for some reason I like Kraftwerk and Jean Michel Jarre as well.

I also used to listen to the USAF radio which broadcast baseball and American football. From then on I was a Cleveland Indians (baseball) and Cleveland Browns (AF) fan.

I dressed as a ted during the 1970's when I could afford the grear but was never one of these Shawaddywaddy type teddies who came and went.

Cornishteddyboy,

Very interesting, as a young Farmer I was dressed in a sports coat with suitable trousers to match,

were were generally known as the Country janners, we were also never bothered by the bad boys, because I think they realised,that us Country farmer lads could look after ourselves,

but like those today they were in the minority,

Yours Hammers, :c::D :c:

Nothing wrong with being enthusistic.

What's your role within the club?

I quote from another thread.

"Don't forget to get down to Bickland Park tomorrow at 10am if you can to help us make the place ready for the new season!"

You use the word "US" so as I say what role do you play? Publicity?

I don't have a role yet, though I do hope to get involved. I only met the manager for the first time this morning. I am just pulling a supporters club together hopefully to help give 'Town' a lift ths season. If I had a role I suppose it would be publicity or something like that. I don't know if somebody already does that or not. But for now helping to push the supporters club is fine for me :)

I don't have a role yet, though I do hope to get involved. I only met the manager for the first time this morning. I am just pulling a supporters club together hopefully to help give 'Town' a lift ths season. If I had a role I suppose it would be publicity or something like that. I don't know if somebody already does that or not. But for now helping to push the supporters club is fine for me :)

Good luck with the supporters club. What stage you at with it, or is it still on the drawing board?

Just got started, but I am getting lots of encouragement from the club which is nice.

Glad to hear it.

Have heard some exciting gossip but not able to confirm it yet. Will be in touch to confirm or deny as soon as I am able :)

Such a tease...

It's already been released that Town have signed defenders Sam Chitty from Ivybridge Town, Plymouth Parkway's Lee Rundle and Penzance's Jamie Devine.

Chitty and Rundle are both central defenders, Devine a full back.

Hmmm, not the gossip I heard, but that was a week ago and unconfirmed so maybe it didn't happen. Will find out and let you know.

It's already been released that Town have signed defenders Sam Chitty from Ivybridge Town, Plymouth Parkway's Lee Rundle and Penzance's Jamie Devine.

Hmmm, not the gossip I heard, but that was a week ago and unconfirmed so maybe it didn't happen. Will find out and let you know.

Conference striker Ian Hodges signs for Town -

- http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/sport/9120527.Falmouth_Town_sign_Conference_South_striker/

- http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/sport/9120527.Falmouth_Town_sign_Conference_South_striker/

Looks like a great signing. Good to see he's playing in the Truro game. I think he's serving a ban for the first three league games.

Ian Hodges striker Born 18-10-82 (28yr)

Has played for Falmouth Town in season 1999-00 under Manager Dave Ball as a 17 year old for only 8 Appearances and 1 goal

Moved on to London and played for Hayes-Slough Town and the last 5 seasons for Hampton & Richmond Borough now playing in the Conference Blue Square South.

Suspension has been served for Two Yellows, missed the last game at Chelmsford.

He did say in the local press he would like to see his team mates at Truro in the League match at Treyew Road -perhaps Alan will give him a Saturday off? lol

Has played for Falmouth Town in season 1999-00 under Manager Dave Ball as a 17 year old for only 8 Appearances and 1 goal

Moved on to London and played for Hayes-Slough Town and the last 5 seasons for Hampton & Richmond Borough now playing in the Conference Blue Square South.

Suspension has been served for Two Yellows, missed the last game at Braintree.

He did say in the local press he would like to see his team mates at Truro in the League match at Treyew Road -perhaps Alan will give him a Saturday off? lol

Hello Mike do you have any details on where they Aubrey Wilkes Trophy orgintaes from/its history?

Hello Mike do you have any details on where they Aubrey Wilkes Trophy orgintaes from/its history?

Sinon-Aubrey Wilkes was a staunch football follower who reularly watched Truro and Falmouth.

Dont quote me but I think he may be from Constantine.-somebody confirm?

This Giant trophy was first played in season 1988-89 consecutively till season 2001-02 and restarted in 2009-10

I think it was played for on the first seasonal meeting of the two clubs and then the Boxing Day fixture where it would alternate between the the two grounds and then it got confusing when the Falmouth met Penryn on Boxing day.

Sinon-Aubrey Wilkes was a staunch football follower who reularly watched Truro and Falmouth.

Dont quote me but I think he may be from Constantine.-somebody confirm?

This Giant trophy was first played in season 1988-89 consecutively till season 2001-02 and restarted in 2009-10

I think it was played for on the first seasonal meeting of the two clubs and then the Boxing Day fixture where it would alternate between the the two grounds and then it got confusing when the Falmouth met Penryn on Boxing day.

Thanks Mike.

The cup was purchased in Tenerife by Clive Chinn, a great friend of Aubrey. We were all on the beach and as usual Clive went off wandering and came back after an hour or so carrying this huge cup the likes of which we had never seen before. It's about as big as the Stanley Cup that they play for in the NHL.

You can imagine the faces of the people that were on the beach as Clive walked down towards us.

The problem came when we tried to think of a way to get it back to England. We had to dismantle it and put it in about 4 different suitcases just to get it back home.

However, we managed it and the Aubrey Wilkes trophy was played for by Falmouth and Truro originally on the first fixture of the season. This changed to the Boxing Day fixture on a home and away basis.

Great gesture from a lifelong friend.

Tommy-you should write your memoirs or even an after dinner speaker-another off beat football story,brilliant.

Going back to Ian Hodges -Soon after leaving Falmouth does any one remember seeing him score on a F A Cup "Match of the Day" Special?

It was for a Non League team playing a F.league club probably 1st Round Proper

Hi Suzie,

Phil is Aubrey's son and Maureen and Joy both sisters. Joy of course is married to Rex another great Town supporter. Stuart is a cousin I think.

The best bit about the story is that when Clive was bringing the cup down the beach, someone said, "Hey, where did you win that cup?" Clive's reply was exactly as you'd expect from a joker..."My wife won it in a bonking competition!" Poor Marilyn had to endure another of Clive's crazy quips.

Now that is what I had heard. Great news it has come about!

The cup was purchased in Tenerife by Clive Chinn, a great friend of Aubrey. We were all on the beach and as usual Clive went off wandering and came back after an hour or so carrying this huge cup the likes of which we had never seen before. It's about as big as the Stanley Cup that they play for in the NHL.

You can imagine the faces of the people that were on the beach as Clive walked down towards us.

The problem came when we tried to think of a way to get it back to England. We had to dismantle it and put it in about 4 different suitcases just to get it back home.

However, we managed it and the Aubrey Wilkes trophy was played for by Falmouth and Truro originally on the first fixture of the season. This changed to the Boxing Day fixture on a home and away basis.

Great gesture from a lifelong friend.

That is a great story Tommy, I would really like to put that up on the blog ahead of the game if that is okay? Don't suppose anybody has any pictures of the cup itself?

Going back to Ian Hodges -Soon after leaving Falmouth does any one remember seeing him score on a F A Cup "Match of the Day" Special?

He scored in Slough's 2-1 FA Cup win over Walsall in 2004. Must have been that game.

He scored in Slough's 2-1 FA Cup win over Walsall in 2004. Must have been that game.

Slough fans certainly seem to rate Ian Hodges... http://www.nonleague.co.uk/topic/23707-ian-hodges-achievements/