Cornwall Football Forum

Another St Blazey ***k UP !!!!

Please for love of god tell me this isn’t true....!!!!!!!!!!!

In a last ditch move to keep some of the Plymouth based players at St Blazey for next season, the committee and Bobby Oaten have held a meeting with them.

Obviously one of the players concerns was the budget and expenses for them and to establish whether the club was in a position to cover their travelling costs etc. for next season.

Unbelievably the club has told all the Plymouth based players that there wasn’t really a budget problem last season and all the local Cornwall players were indeed paid in full for there expenses throughout the season. This has astounded the Plymouth players as they were of the opinion that the whole squad agreed to play for more or less no expenses in order to keep the team together from Jan onwards.

So in a nut shell the club have had another dig at the departing management team by stating they lied to the Plymouth based players that there were any expenses available.

From speaking to some of the local lads that represented St Blazey last season, this has destroyed them and has had a detrimental effect on the relationship with the Plymouth based players.

Calling all the Plymouth based players that were at St Blazey last season, DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF THE CLUBS MOUTH OR COMMITTEE.

I for one would not jeopardise another season of uncertainty.

Remember whilst you’re listening to this drivel, other clubs are starting preseason and you’re being left on the scrapheap... You don’t have long left to be taken of the retained list at St Blazey so make up your minds now before it’s too late.

Take Care

Please for love of god tell me this isn’t true....!!!!!!!!!!!

In a last ditch move to keep some of the Plymouth based players at St Blazey for next season, the committee and Bobby Oaten have held a meeting with them.

Obviously one of the players concerns was the budget and expenses for them and to establish whether the club was in a position to cover their travelling costs etc. for next season.

Unbelievably the club has told all the Plymouth based players that there wasn’t really a budget problem last season and all the local Cornwall players were indeed paid in full for there expenses throughout the season. This has astounded the Plymouth players as they were of the opinion that the whole squad agreed to play for more or less no expenses in order to keep the team together from Jan onwards.

So in a nut shell the club have had another dig at the departing management team by stating they lied to the Plymouth based players that there were any expenses available.

From speaking to some of the local lads that represented St Blazey last season, this has destroyed them and has had a detrimental effect on the relationship with the Plymouth based players.

Calling all the Plymouth based players that were at St Blazey last season, DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF THE CLUBS MOUTH OR COMMITTEE.

I for one would not jeopardise another season of uncertainty.

Remember whilst you’re listening to this drivel, other clubs are starting preseason and you’re being left on the scrapheap... You don’t have long left to be taken of the retained list at St Blazey so make up your minds now before it’s too late.

Take Care

to me this sounds like 'Our Time Now' is after a few of the players. How did you come accross this information

Nanks

None of the local players got paid.. Its all lies from St Blazey to keep players at the club and to form a divide between them and the departed Hooper and Lafferty.

All lies and absolutley shocking from a club with the tradition of St Blazey.

Night Hawke I am not attached to any club, i am just a supporter of local cornish football my information came from the players!! who are shell schocked at this news!!

Nanks

None of the local players got paid.. Its all lies from St Blazey to keep players at the club and to form a divide between them and the departed Hooper and Lafferty.

Night Hawke I am not attached to any club, i am just a supporter of local cornish football my information came from the players!! who are shell schocked at this news!!

So why are you persisting on bashing the club, and for someone who isnt attached to a club you seem pretty pissed of with what st blazey are doing, its there club let them handle what ever they need to handle in there own way, after all it doesnt effect you seeing as your not 'attached' to any club, or are you.... ??

Do you really agree with the conduct of St Blazey on this matter.. I am sorry but as a I have good friends playing for the club I and in accordance with what I was told, decided to post this on the forum..

To be fair ive been contacted by 5 members all ready saying thank you for posting this topic as if it wasnt me then they would of done it.

You think I am bashing St Blazey then so be it ! but they deserve it !

Do you really agree with the conduct of St Blazey on this matter.. I am sorry but as a I have good friends playing for the club I and in accordance with what I was told, decided to post this on the forum..

To be fair ive been contacted by 5 members all ready saying thank you for posting this topic as if it wasnt me then they would of done it.

You think I am bashing St Blazey then so be it ! but they deserve it !

As for you not supporting or following anyone, thats a lie.... As i recall you are a st austell fan so of course you are going to make st blazey look as bad as possible, i really think you should just leave the matter as its a sticky situation for all partys involved and im sure they all want to forget it and move on, not have some ''local football fan'' bashing a club that apparently means nothing to himself, trying to get people on the band wagon that no very little about a very difficult situation.

A sticky siuation i agree.. Purley put this on for the innocent local players thats all.

You must admit though that this is wrong and if it was any other club including St Austell I would not hesitate to post my opinion and that of players that are not members on this forum.

A sticky siuation i agree.. Purley put this on for the innocent local players thats all.

You must admit though that this is wrong and if it was any other club including St Austell I would not hesitate to post my opinion and that of players that are not members on this forum.

Can you guarentee tho that this information isnt true ?, say for example, a couple of cornish players where getting paid and have been told not to say a word, regardless of who there mates are or who there dealing with if its going to jeopardise them players there money they would not say a word to anybody no matter how you look at it. I'm not by any means saying this is true but im also not saying this is false, so therefor i think it best for the people actually involved in this to discuss it between themselves not spread it over a local forum, for people who dont actually have a clue to get involved and say what they think they know when quite clearly they dont

Doesnt it get even more pathetic every time yet another St Austell fan or committee man comes on here slagging off St Blazey? What happened last season is gone,move on,its now a new season under a new manager, and if some or all players from last season want to move to pastures new then good luck to them but as we know the grass is not always greener and lines not always sniffed :-)

Doesnt it get even more pathetic every time yet another St Austell fan or committee man comes on here slagging off St Blazey? What happened last season is gone,move on,its now a new season under a new manager, and if some or all players from last season want to move to pastures new then good luck to them but as we know the grass is not always greener and lines not always sniffed :-)

Its called having a local rivalry it happens all over the country..

Dont take it all to heart Tarquin

Dont take this to heart either money man buts let compare the 2

GROUND-ST BLAZEY-Great level playing surface,unquestionably 1 of the best in Cornwall, Good floodlights

ST AUSTELL-Uneven,slopes needs a lot of work and does not even have floodlights.

CLUBHOUSE-ST BLAZEY-Spacious,clean(if in need of a little TLC)open all day for members,facilities for Darts,Snooker,Pool,Euchre also available for various local organisations to hire and employs staff so contributing to the local economy.

ST AUSTELL-Not open very often(not a crime)very dark and dank small room, went broke owing local business's money and mens Toilets are well not fit for what they are meant for.

AMBITIONS-ST BLAZEY-To stay solvent while providing a service to all members Football related or not

ST AUSTELL-To be like the above club

Dont take it all to heart Money man

GROUND-ST BLAZEY-Great level playing surface,unquestionably 1 of the best in Cornwall, Good floodlights

ST AUSTELL-Uneven,slopes needs a lot of work and does not even have floodlights.

CLUBHOUSE-ST BLAZEY-Spacious,clean(if in need of a little TLC)open all day for members,facilities for Darts,Snooker,Pool,Euchre also available for various local organisations to hire and employs staff so contributing to the local economy.

ST AUSTELL-Not open very often(not a crime)very dark and dank small room, went broke owing local business's money and mens Toilets are well not fit for what they are meant for.

AMBITIONS-ST BLAZEY-To stay solvent while providing a service to all members Football related or not

I think your getting confused again with the old St Austell fc ... never mind i really didnt expect anything different.

Good luck at the AGM perhaps you might get voted on the committee. But I doubt it!

Loved the AMBITIONS quote .. just sums you up... f**k football lets keep the bar open !!!! :SM_carton:

I think your getting confused again with the old St Austell fc ... never mind i really didnt expect anything different.

Good luck at the AGM perhaps you might get voted on the committee. But I doubt it!

Loved the AMBITIONS quote .. just sums you up... f**k football lets keep the bar open !!!! :SM_carton:

have to agree with money man on this one, you have to have the ambition to ''be like the above club'' else its worthless playing

Aren't you all missing something? Something which jumps out at me,as an outsider,unconnected to St Austell or St Blazey - why the hell do a club of the stature of St Blazey need to rely on "Plymouth based players"?!! Look at the mess the ECPL left the club in,who constantly struggled to field a side,And couldn't raise a side to play Elburton,a game which decided the second ECPL 1 promotion spot. Surely Blazey can find 25 or so local players in Cornwall's biggest town? St Austell seem to be able to find a few?

So the pitch is good and you have floodlights? Erm no

Your obviously happy with the disgusting toilets !!! Fine

Your happy to go broke just to play Football? Oh yes its happened before

St Blazey on the other hand will pay what it can afford no more no less.

Thanks for the invite to go on the committee,but i think for you to nominate me you have to be a member

Tarquin.

Fair play to you for thinking that st blazey are in a stronger position than st Austell because your toilets are in better condition, why you even get involved is beyond many peoples comprehension, you dont need too, the club will stay open and you will still have somewhere to drink.

Take care and enjoy your season..

If people want to know why local football attendances are so poor they only need to read this thread! Wasn't the attendance at one of the derby matches last season only about 130! You energy would be better spent trying to attract more spectators rather than squabbling. :SM_carton:

Yet another post turned into a local rivalry slagging off.In the current climate everyone needs to help each other out.Our clubhouse shuts this week and very nearly our mens sides.Luckily others have helped to keep us afloat.St Blazey giving us their function room for kids presentation night has really helped us.Their will always be local rivalry,but it doesn't need to turn nasty on this forum.St Austell have been through a tough time,but its great to see them going well.Would you 'our time now' want St Austell,Biscovey etc to not exist?.St Blazey will bounce back as will we in time,Pi**es me off to see arguments over "toilet standards"!!!!!

Aren't you all missing something? Something which jumps out at me,as an outsider,unconnected to St Austell or St Blazey - why the hell do a club of the stature of St Blazey need to rely on "Plymouth based players"?!! Look at the mess the ECPL left the club in,who constantly struggled to field a side,And couldn't raise a side to play Elburton,a game which decided the second ECPL 1 promotion spot. Surely Blazey can find 25 or so local players in Cornwall's biggest town? St Austell seem to be able to find a few?

and we are back onto the ''local players'' subject, st austell have all the 'local' half decent talent, i dont see what the big deal is with local players who honestly cares if there doing well. the last 3 years st blazey have been put in the shit because of these local players, and look who is there to help the club out. last year most the team where from plymouth, whats the big deal, the year before that the same, and the year before that also from plymouth because the local lads didnt stick around and left st blazey with 0 playerz 3 years ago, and thats not an opinion thats facts

i think youll find that the plymouth players travelled every game home and away last season for the second team, and even sat on the bench for the firsts, in fixtures as far away as witheridge. it was actually the local players who were not committed. this was evident for anyone associated with the club to see, and all trophies at presentation evenning went to plymouth based players.come the end of the season, it was hard to get a side together, but the 8 plymouth lads were all available and gave everything for the club, unlike local players who didnt want to know!

i think youll find that the plymouth players travelled every game home and away last season for the second team, and even sat on the bench for the firsts, in fixtures as far away as witheridge. it was actually the local players who were not committed. this was evident for anyone associated with the club to see, and all trophies at presentation evenning went to plymouth based players.come the end of the season, it was hard to get a side together, but the 8 plymouth lads were all available and gave everything for the club, unlike local players who didnt want to know!

about time some1 from the inside said how it really is

The Plymouth based players topic has been going on since the 60s/70s,back in the days when the best players were 'contract' players.So nothing new at all,if a club can afford to pay players to attain a better standard then so be it,all clubs will find a level to suit them.A football clubs 1st priority is to provide a playing surface,kit,changing facilities,referees expenses,after that any surplus is up to the comittee of the club to decide how to spend it.

• 3 weeks later...

Nanks

From http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16023&st=0&p=154111&fromsearch=1&#entry154111:

"I watch and follow St Austell and believe me I would never of believed it but as a club they are now BIGGER than you.... what are you going to do about it. "

Lol.

Nanks

From http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16023&st=0&p=154111&fromsearch=1&#entry154111:

"I watch and follow St Austell and believe me I would never of believed it but as a club they are now BIGGER than you.... what are you going to do about it. "

Lol.

Quality!! :lol:

Every dog and his d*ck can see there are problems within the club, surely something needs to be done?

Not just talking/ranting/crying about the issues, get out there and be pro-active.

The power is ultimately in the fans hands - you guys put money into the tills and behind the bar.

Myself and A chap who used to play for Blazey and went on to have a "fairly good" football career, were discussing this last weekend. The fans need to write their thoughts and issues formally in letter form and issue it to the club, then let the club reply in a professional manner and address these issues and then work from there. Next you move onto open conferences and so on.

From wat ive seen, heard and witnessed about the club, is that nothing seems to be done in a correct manner.

If thats wrong, shoot me, i just care about local football and wouldnt like to see these issues destruct a once grand club.

Every dog and his d*ck can see there are problems within the club, surely something needs to be done?

Not just talking/ranting/crying about the issues, get out there and be pro-active.

The power is ultimately in the fans hands - you guys put money into the tills and behind the bar.

Myself and A chap who used to play for Blazey and went on to have a "fairly good" football career, were discussing this last weekend. The fans need to write their thoughts and issues formally in letter form and issue it to the club, then let the club reply in a professional manner and address these issues and then work from there. Next you move onto open conferences and so on.

From wat ive seen, heard and witnessed about the club, is that nothing seems to be done in a correct manner.

If thats wrong, shoot me, i just care about local football and wouldnt like to see these issues destruct a once grand club.

WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH! There are quite a few people on the forum who need to get out more. If you wish to support St Blazey, do so. You will be made welcome in the club house and hopefully, will see some attractive football, once the new team and manager gel. If you wish to support St Austell, again, do so. However, for the love of god, stop all this silly bitching, grow up and get on with your lives.