Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth AFC Merchandise

Hi guys,

I was thinking of getting some Falmouth AFC merchandise made up. Hats , polo shirts. etc with an embroidered logo.

Price would be cost price or possibly a bit over with any profit going to the club.

I would obviously need to get permission from the club to use the logo but I wondered if anybody would be interested in principle?

Any takers? If so, what kind of item might you be interested in?

Jeff Muir (falmouthfan)

I used to go to most Falmouth Town games quite a few seasons ago when I lived in Falmouth and they had the likes of phil shapcott neil philips tommy matthews paddy scrace and graham heard all playing they had an excellent team but now I am afraid that times have changed they are a average pennisula side and I think you are going to have trouble selling their merchandise,untill times take a change again when town can be a force to be reckoned with espeacially when you now have Truro as the best team in the county and most local shops are full of their merchandise Good Luck with your venture anyway.

I used to go to most Falmouth Town games quite a few seasons ago when I lived in Falmouth and they had the likes of phil shapcott neil philips tommy matthews paddy scrace and graham heard all playing they had an excellent team but now I am afraid that times have changed they are a average pennisula side and I think you are going to have trouble selling their merchandise,untill times take a change again when town can be a force to be reckoned with espeacially when you now have Truro as the best team in the county and most local shops are full of their merchandise Good Luck with your venture anyway.

Thanks for your post. I hear what you are saying about Truro but just to be clear, I am not in anyway trying to make a profit here. Just providing branding for those fans who want to bear the stamp (like me). Falmouth are still a pretty damn good team (goals aplenty at home) and I think could be even better if the fan base is increased (students?) and more money starts coming in. That is all I am trying to do really.

For me Falmouth AFC comes under a bigger idea called onefalmouth which is about celebrating our fantastic town (you should visit the Shanty Festival ongoing at the moment - just awesome!).

The club has a really nice feel about it which is what attracted me once I was invited to a game by a mate. I want to build on the family feel to the place, but recognise I am a newbie. Just trying to do my bit.

Learnt how to use Wordpress building the Falmouth AFC Supporters blog and have begun meeting stalwarts like Charles Fittus and looking forward to meeting Steve Kimberley and Alan Carey. I really think we could win the Carlsberg league this season.

Truro could soon be in the football league if the money keeps on coming in, and good luck to them. But we will beat them in the pre-season friendly!

In the mean time if you want to buy a Falmouth AFC hat at cost price (in your exile), I am your man!

Come back to Falmouth, there is nowhere better!

Jeff Muir (falmouthfan)

I haven't been going to see Town on a regular basis for years but have decided to try and support the club a bit more and attended the last few games of the season. One of the things I noticed what looked like a total lack of colour at the ground. Can't remember seeing a single scarf/hat/shirt in Town's colours. Not even the team were wearing them. Great idea but I'd rather see the merchandise in black and amber rather than Dortmund yellow. ;)

I haven't been going to see Town on a regular basis for years but have decided to try and support the club a bit more and attended the last few games of the season. One of the things I noticed what looked like a total lack of colour at the ground. Can't remember seeing a single scarf/hat/shirt in Town's colours. Not even the team were wearing them. Great idea but I'd rather see the merchandise in black and amber rather than Dortmund yellow. ;)

I agree with the lack of colour around the ground - not sure about the particular shade. I think that is a debate for more established fans to muse over! You may see a bit of colour in the first game of the new season. I know that some members of our group are having hand knitted yellow and black scarves made up!

Will be easy to spot the members of the new supporters club. We will stand out a mile, but hopefully not for long!

I have spoken to Steve Kimberley about merchandise and apparently he is working on a sponsorship deal so I will hold up for a while and see what happens, don't want to step on toes.

Hope to see some of you guys at the ground this weekend to spruce the place up a bit. It would be nice to stuff Truro with the place looking at its best! 10am start both days. I can't make the Saturday as I am working all day but will be there Sunday am. Hope to see some of you then.