Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth AFC needs you! Supporters can do day...

With the new season fast approaching there is a lot to do to get Bickland Park in shape to do the team proud when they turn out in August.

This coming Saturday (25th) and Sunday (26th) of June supporters are gathering at the club to give the place a bit of a spruce up. So if you feel you can give us hand we will be doing a few odd jobs including painting and cleaning the advertising hoardings - that kind of thing. Check out our blog for more details - http://falmouthtownafcsupportersclub.wordpress.com/

All you need to do to join in is to turn up in old clothes and ask for the Chairman Steve Kimberley or groundsman, Mark Jones.

Come on down and support the 'Town'

Both days begin at 10am.

Bring the kids and have a great day!

Jeff Muir - falmouthfan

With the new season fast approaching there is a lot to do to get Bickland Park in shape to do the team proud when they turn out in August.

This coming Saturday (25th) and Sunday (26th) of June supporters are gathering at the club to give the place a bit of a spruce up. So if you feel you can give us hand we will be doing a few odd jobs including painting and cleaning the advertising hoardings - that kind of thing.

All you need to do to join in is to turn up in old clothes and ask for the groundsman, Mark Jones.

Come on down and support the 'Town'

Both days begin at 10am.

Bring the kids and have a great day!

Jeff Muir - falmouthfan

Have just read through this post and wondered why other clubs have not made similar invitations/requests.

Let's face it, the majority of clubs have a small band of people who work hard behind the scenes and receive little credit.

Surely there are lots of clubs who could do with assistance both with maintenance and bolstering committees.

Hi Pastyman

I totally agree with your reply to Jeff earlier. We are the same as any other club which relies on the goodwill and hardwork of a small handful of Diehards who run the club for the benefit of the majority ie fans,players and club members. Only yesterday I was there with Alan Carey our manager,Trevor and Mark Jones(groundsmen) preparing the Stand for redecorating and starting the long labourious job of lowering the floodlight pylons to clean them and replace bulbs.

On top of that we need to clear the grounds around the pitch,paint the barrier posts and goalposts plus many more oddjobs to mention here.These things do not happen by accident but everyone expects them to be done!

With a small number in attendance it will take ages,but with a healthy number we can Blitz the work in no time at all. Falmouth Rugby Club had a similiar session a couple of weekends ago and forty people turned up to help. We would love to see that happen to us on saturday,for sure!

On behalf on all Football Club Chairmen can I ask you to think about how you can help your club,not just preseason but all year round. Don't wait to be asked,volunteer and get involved because you will really make a difference!

If you can make it on saturday,come armed with a paint brush or any useful tools,some elbow grease and we will get to work.

If you need any further info or to check what we need please contact me on 07799030357.

I look forward to seeing you at 10am

Come on the Town!

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC

:clapper: :thumbsup:

Hi all, thanks to those who turned up yesterday to help out at the club. I know your help was much appreciated because I was down there this morning and they are still talking about it. There are quite a few people down there today as well but there is loads more to do, so if you have a few spare hours this afternoon you would be given a very warm welcome.

Come on Town!

The club are asking for volunteers again this weekend coming.

Indeed they are, and most other weekends I suspect. Been away on holiday a week so sorry for the lack of posts, or a relief to some :)

I went down and lent a hand last weekend but was very obvious that a lot more needs to be done. So if you want to help out, reply here or at our blog at http://falmouthtownafcsupportersclub.wordpress.com/ and if you are a Falmouth fan and think we can win this season vote for us!

The club are asking for volunteers again this weekend coming.

Indeed they are, and most other weekends I suspect. Been away on holiday a week so sorry for the lack of posts, or a relief to some :)

I went down and lent a hand last weekend but was very obvious that a lot more needs to be done. So if you want to help out, reply here or at our blog at http://falmouthtownafcsupportersclub.wordpress.com/ and if you are a Falmouth fan and think we can win this season vote for us!

Right, just off to Bickland Park to lend a hand. Maybe see some of you down there...

Having put in another 4 hours today, painting the stands and seeing just how much work goes into getting a ground ready for the new season I have to say hats off to you guys who have been doing this for years or even decades!

Still, a lot of progress is being made. Hopefully get down there again tomorrow in the PM. Really looking forward to the Truro game on the 12th!