Cornwall Football Forum

first of all congatulations to FALMOUTH ATHLETIC DC on promotion to the combination.

does this mean that LUDGVAN will replace them in the fal/hel. league.

this is very important as it will effect the set up of the new league when deciding promotion and relegation before the new leagues are formed :unsure:

first of all congatulations to FALMOUTH ATHLETIC DC on promotion to the combination.

does this mean that LUDGVAN will replace them in the fal/hel. league.

this is very important as it will effect the set up of the new league when deciding promotion and relegation before the new leagues are formed :unsure:

doesnt really matter postman!!

they will go into the top division of the trelawney league anyways!

i thought that with them being where they are then IF they went down before the merger then Fhl is where they would of gone, dont go getting your pants in a twist over it, it doesnt matter either way because logically it just a straight drop into the new Trelawney Premier where Fal Athletic would of been if we hadnt got promoted, so to quote the cat 'doesnt really matter because the will go in the top division of the trelawney league anyway'

We were told the Fal/Hel and Mining leagues would promote/relegate teams as normal and rank their teams 1 to 45 (or 46). The top 7 from each would form the Trelawny Premier, the next 7 div 1 and so on. Using this logic

1. Ludgvan would be the follow their reserve team in the Mining League and be ranked no. 1

2. Mining 1 teams finishing 1st to 6th will join Ludgvan in Trelawny Premier

3. With Falmouth Athletic promoted to the Combo, Fal/Hel 1 teams finshing 2nd to 8th will be in Trelawny Premier

Rotten luck for Gulval who finished in 7th place in Mining 1 and appear to have missed out on making the new premier division.

1. Ludgvan would be the follow their reserve team in the Mining League and be ranked no. 1

2. Mining 1 teams finishing 1st to 6th will join Ludgvan in Trelawny Premier

3. With Falmouth Athletic promoted to the Combo, Fal/Hel 1 teams finshing 2nd to 8th will be in Trelawny Premier

Rotten luck for Gulval who finished in 7th place in Mining 1 and appear to have missed out on making the new premier division.

No logic in that at all Skippy, Gulval finished in seventh place as we were all told we needed to do to be in the trelawney league top division.

Last season Pendeen went up from fal/helston league and portreath dropped into their place, despite origanally winning promotion from mining league.

Thats logic.

Anyway no worries, the mining league website has this statement posted by Will Hoskings.

Ludgvan to Trelawny League

11/06/11 09:59

Ludgvan are to be relegated to the Trelawny League to replace Falmouth Athletic.

At a Joint meeting of the three league,(Combo Mining & Falmouth Helston) it was agreed that Ludgvan were to replace Falmouth Athletic who are promoted. It was further agreed that they were to go to the Falmouth Helston League, so promotion & relegation would not be affected.

Author: W L Hoskings

:clapper:

I can see that it will no longer cause a problem within the trelawny league set up, but during our promotion bid a number of clubs wanted to cut the number of clubs down to 18 this infact would have caused an enormous problem to clubs that had finished 7th in their prospective leagues. As it stands most secretaries would have known at the start of last season that you needed to finish in the top 7 to gaurantee your club a place in the top flight. and has things have gone this is exactly how it is going to work out.

Portreath and Perranporth are not being relegated because of the two teams that dropped out of Fal/Hel div 1 earlier in the season so Lizard and Helston get no reward for getting into the promotion spots whereas Portreath and Perranporth do get rewarded for a bad season.

Portreath and Perranporth are not being relegated because of the two teams that dropped out of Fal/Hel div 1 earlier in the season so Lizard and Helston get no reward for getting into the promotion spots whereas Portreath and Perranporth do get rewarded for a bad season.

Did Helston Reserves apply for promotion to the Combo? I didn't think they did? Certainly would have made sense to?

Cheers

Surely with Mullion being relegated, that leaves three spots for St Day, Lizard and Helston to fill in the current Div 1.

With the new split this puts them into the new Div 2. Thats reward isnt it?

Did Helston Reserves apply for promotion to the Combo? I didn't think they did? Certainly would have made sense to?

Cheers

Could not apply to combo league because we were not in Div 1 - it is now automatic promotion subject to ground standards

Surely with Mullion being relegated, that leaves three spots for St Day, Lizard and Helston to fill in the current Div 1.

trelawney league are teams of 14 and lizard are 15 and helston 16 so now even further away from combo qualifying

With 2 teams withdrawing from FHFL 1 last season, surely Mullion will go down with three coming up from FHFL 2.

Or is that not the case? Will this be decided at the FHFL AGM?

Apparently already decided - league kept at 14 teams and the 2 teams that withdrew at the beginning of the season are counted as the other 2 relegated teams. so if 3 teams drop out in one season the league might as well stop cos there will be no relegation etc

With 2 teams withdrawing from FHFL 1 last season, surely Mullion will go down with three coming up from FHFL 2.

Or is that not the case? Will this be decided at the FHFL AGM?

Apparently already decided - league kept at 14 teams and the 2 teams that withdrew at the beginning of the season are counted as the other 2 relegated teams. so if 3 teams drop out in one season the league might as well stop cos there will be no relegation etc

Has it been confirmed 14 teams in each league? or is that just hearsay?

trelawney league are teams of 14 and lizard are 15 and helston 16 so now even further away from combo qualifying

If this is true then its a shocking decision, were div 2 teams aware of this rule when these teams left div 1? if not apart from St Day the rest of the top teams in div 2 have been wasting there time trying to get promoted.

This is a subject that i feel very strongly about the relegation/promotion scenario.

Falmouth/Helston league rules state that the bottom 3 teams must be relegated, to which we were several season ago as we finished third from bottom and Duchy had withdrew from the league,since then I have always thought this was wrong as you have the posibility that if 3 teams withdrew from div 1 and 3 were relegated they would have to be replaced by 6 teams from div 2.

Looking at the above posts it would not make any difference to Lizard or Helston as the league said that the Trelawney league would probably consist of the top 7 teams from each league, therefore if you work your way down to div 2 the next 7 teams would make this league up.If div 1 was at capacity of 16 teams only the div2 champions would make the cut for Trelawny's div2

Would it really be fair to relegate Perranporth + Portreath when we started with 16 teams and they finished in 13th and 12th place, It was not their fault that teams withdrew from the league was it?

Nothing can be decided until the FHFL and Mining League AGMs are held. Then a provisional structure meeting is held to formulate proposals based on the outcomes of those two AGMs. Even then nothing can be finalised until the Trelawny League AGM. Anything before this is purely people's opinions of what may happen. The reason for the AGMs are as we all know for club representatives to express their concerns and choices to influence the way the league is formulated.

This is a subject that i feel very strongly about the relegation/promotion scenario.

Falmouth/Helston league rules state that the bottom 3 teams must be relegated, to which we were several season ago as we finished third from bottom and Duchy had withdrew from the league,since then I have always thought this was wrong as you have the posibility that if 3 teams withdrew from div 1 and 3 were relegated they would have to be replaced by 6 teams from div 2.

Looking at the above posts it would not make any difference to Lizard or Helston as the league said that the Trelawney league would probably consist of the top 7 teams from each league, therefore if you work your way down to div 2 the next 7 teams would make this league up.If div 1 was at capacity of 16 teams only the div2 champions would make the cut for Trelawny's div2

Would it really be fair to relegate Perranporth + Portreath when we started with 16 teams and they finished in 13th and 12th place, It was not their fault that teams withdrew from the league was it?

But if 3 teams dropped out the league may as well cease because there is nothing to play for. Nothing against Perran or Portreath but they have had plenty of time to get out of relegation trouble - the teams dropped out quite a while ago

Le boss get on with it, it's down to the committee not you, trying to relegate teams. What's the matter with u?

How apt - Tom & Jerry!!

Why is it apt ? He speaks the truth !

not sure how i am trying to relegate teams - i am allowed an opinion like everyone else.

Yeah but le boss your using your opinion to try and influence the outcome of other teams. And what does apt mean or am I just being thick.

not trying to influence anyone - dont think anything i have written would/could influence anyone. I am sure people have their own minds and will make their own rational and balanced decisions when necessary.

Yeah but le boss your using your opinion to try and influence the outcome of other teams. And what does apt mean or am I just being thick.

not trying to influence anyone - dont think anything i have written would/could influence anyone. I am sure people have their own minds and will make their own rational and balanced decisions when necessary.

Suggestion, stop moaning about everything, be positive and enjoy your end of season break! Are you going to be doing the banchie impressions on the side-lines next seasons for Helston reserves ?

Its always worth a laugh attending one of your games :unsure:

Suggestion, stop moaning about everything, be positive and enjoy your end of season break! Are you going to be doing the banchie impressions on the side-lines next seasons for Helston reserves ?

Its always worth a laugh attending one of your games :unsure:

Thanks for the suggestion - will consider it fully

Nothing can be decided until the FHFL and Mining League AGMs are held. Then a provisional structure meeting is held to formulate proposals based on the outcomes of those two AGMs. Even then nothing can be finalised until the Trelawny League AGM. Anything before this is purely people's opinions of what may happen. The reason for the AGMs are as we all know for club representatives to express their concerns and choices to influence the way the league is formulated.

Think this comment is a little awry following last evening - you knew all along about the structure of the new league because it has been set in stone at a prior meeting. Pity you did not say so when you wrote this lol

Think this comment is a little awry following last evening - you knew all along about the structure of the new league because it has been set in stone at a prior meeting. Pity you did not say so when you wrote this lol

How apt - le boss!!

After all the noises you made yesterday, Portreath & Perranporth remain in division 1 and Helston remain in division 2. Have a nice season now :clapper:

How apt - le boss!!

After all the noises you made yesterday, Portreath & Perranporth remain in division 1 and Helston remain in division 2. Have a nice season now :clapper:

not sure who you are but i have obviously upset you at some point reading between the lines of your personal onslaught towards me. Stone and crawl come to mind

How apt - le boss!!

not sure who you are but i have obviously upset you at some point reading between the lines of your personal onslaught towards me. Stone and crawl come to mind

You haven't upset me Anthony, come on dont be sensitive now your a fully grown man ! Just wishing you well for the season ahead. Have a nice day now :rolleyes:

Bash,

you know as well as I do after attending the meeting that the outcome depended on the Promotion and relegation of sides. As you saw last night that was questioned by Wendron and voted on? this had a major bearing on who would be in what division?? The Mining League now have their AGM next week and once their final League standings are decided, the structure meeting will align clubs that have teams from both leagues ending up in the same division?

The issue of 14 or 16 teams was not a secret? you make out that it was made behind closed doors? this was decided upon by all clubs of both Mining and FHFL Leagues and has been that way from the outset? that is not what I was alluding to in my earlier reply?

If Perranporth and Portreath had been relegated as well and 5 promoted then you would have been in Trelawny Division 1 next season? irrelevant if there were 16 or 14. That is the point that Wendron were making and the possible difference in outcome for Helston?

No conspiracy Bash?....Everything has been transparent and communicated to the clubs from the outset since 2008 as the League President pointed out last night!

was not alleging a conspiracy or that it has not been transparent but it is just a little disappointing that we, and Lizard have not been rewarded for gaining promotion - a word used by Bruce - so what have we been playing for all season. And yes i know we can say that this should have been brought up when it was decided at an earlier meeting when deciding 14 or 16, but it does seem that the league can be flexible one minute and not the next, and no we are not asking for special dispensation, just a just reward for our efforts. Surely the league wants to keep things competitive but we ask is that happening. Please dont take this as a crusade but as i said it feels like we stick strongly to the rules to suit.It also begs the question that if a third team had dropped out of div 1, would St Day have suffered the same fate even though they swept all before them - now taht would have been farcical

look at division 3, mawnan and st day are facing the same problem as helston and i dont see anybody (ie the cat or patch) moaning about not being promoted up a divion, as div 3 champs athletic have been promoted into the new div 4 (or 3, depends on how count down the leagues) but mawnan and st day stay in the same league as teams they played against all season. yes your entitled to your own opinion but not you or anybody else can change it so just look forward to playing against the new teams next season

Scooby,

The main problem here is that every club is unaware what is going to happen in the pro/rel system untill the agm itself.Wendron and Helston both have good points that they put across,we were relegated in appaulling circumstances a few seasons ago (which was to allow Wendron promotion no sour grapes but the shoe is now on the other foot.)

Saying this it is the start of a new league and the ruling should be set in stone. When we leave the agm there will be 14 teams in each league if a team pulls out after the agm they should sit at the foot of the table with nil points and be part of the three relegated and the same goes if more than one team pulls out.Only the top 3 teams from the division below should be allowed to be promoted,unless the league needs more teams to go back up to 14 teams (ie more than 3 teams pulling out) If this then makes div 2 short on teams only enough teams to allow the top 3 to be promoted should be relegated (again unless you need to make up the 14 teams) and this should follow right down the leagues.

With no disrespect who is to say that Pendeen 3rd from bottom in div2 are weaker than Ruan Minor who finished 6th in div 3?

This would the alleviate ALL the grey areas you now have.

Football should decide who should go up or down not a committee,I would feel strongly if I for instance had just seen Perranporth and Portreath saved by the fact two teams withdrew from div1 but Pendeen and another team in div 2 were not "saved" even though we made their league two short by replacing the two missing from div 1.relagating 3 and promoting 5.

This is not a gripe at any club or anyone for that matter,just a point that would stop all speculation of what was going or not going to happen at the agm

Just a reminder that we all haveone thing in common we all want what is best for our own clubs!

Football is all about competing and being rewarded at the end of the season. At the start of the season every club knows that to win things they have to be the best if in a certain competition if they want to win a cup or be one of the best if they want to win or come second/third in the league for promotion. If a team is lucky enough to win a cup competition they are rewarded with a cup but it appears that teams have not been rewarded for achieving the same success in the league - so what were we playing for. Teams have been "punished" by being "relegated" so it seems a 2-tiered system. Do we now tell our teams at the start of the season that just because you win a competition, it is not certain whether you will be rewarded because it has to rely on factors outside the competition and decided by a committee?

Im guessing that clubs would of been told at the start of the season that the trelawney league was going to be leagues of 14 teams, just from what i have been reading on here all season that is the case, that would mean in my head that the top 7 would make 1 division and the bottom 7 the next, as my maths are good and 7 + 7 make 14, harsh on the teams in 15th and 16th but that is what was said at the start, if you wanted that promotion into the higher league then form division 2 and 3 you would have to finish as league champions to go up 1 more, either way your still going to be playing in a more competitive league next season, no teams are being punished, the only team i see as being punished is Ludgvan as they have been booted out the combo league to let Athletic up when Helston have gone up so that could of been a straight replacement, cant see anybody form Ludgvan moaning

Is it just me being daft but at the AGM all clubs were given the chance to hav control over promotion and demotion but voted to allow the management to have the final say. It seems that anyone who now finds themselves disadvantaged by what happened should have thought about that before voting.

Yes even u le boss voted for it..............so ur problem could now be seen as of ur own doin.

Before u come back with the usual replies, only Wendron and Rangers were prepared to vote against and my club may well hav missed out on promotion had it gone the other way. Sometimes u have to be prepared to stand up for what u think is right no matter the out come.

If my maths is correct, there were 45 teams in both Fal/Hel and Mining, a total of 90 teams. If the top 6 divisions have 14 sides will this leaves the bottom division of just 6 teams! Unless there are a record number of applications, something has to give. Options include

1. If 6 to 8 new teams accepted, bottom division will be 12 to 14

2. If 4 or 5 new teams, bottom two divisions will be 12 or 13

3. If less than 4 new teams, the 7th division will be scraped and all divisions will have 15 or 16 teams

If my maths is correct, there were 45 teams in both Fal/Hel and Mining, a total of 90 teams. If the top 6 divisions have 14 sides will this leaves the bottom division of just 6 teams! Unless there are a record number of applications, something has to give. Options include

3. If less than 4 new teams, the 7th division will be scraped and all divisions will have 15 or 16 teams

There are some new applicants to be considered at the Trelawney League AGM,eight new teams was the figure mentioned but not by name.

Is it just me being daft but at the AGM all clubs were given the chance to hav control over promotion and demotion but voted to allow the management to have the final say. It seems that anyone who now finds themselves disadvantaged by what happened should have thought about that before voting.

Yes even u le boss voted for it..............so ur problem could now be seen as of ur own doin.

Before u come back with the usual replies, only Wendron and Rangers were prepared to vote against and my club may well hav missed out on promotion had it gone the other way. Sometimes u have to be prepared to stand up for what u think is right no matter the out come.

As we were vehemently told by the president, we would have been unable to change things at the AGM because it was already passed at a previous meeting

There are some new applicants to be considered at the Trelawney League AGM,eight new teams was the figure mentioned but not by name.

i know where my money is going.

Let me guess - Six divisions of 15/16?

Let me guess - Six divisions of 15/16?

no - leagues of 14 to save any embarrassment?