Cornwall Football Forum

If a referee has an issue with a particular player?

This is not a hater post or a slagging match before anyone starts that!

An East Cornwall referee does some officiating at salt mill and he appears to have a grudge against me. Every tackle a free kick, every word said to the opposition a free kick etc etc. Now I have made no big deal of it yet, but I am asking the question on here as next season in the east Cornwall premier I'm going to have a few issues if he is the ref for any game I'm playing in?

I'm interested to know how can I get around this in the correct way without causing any major issues for myself and/or my saturday club and i particularly do not want to be booked/sent off everytime he is refereeing.

So put politely what is the correct way for this to be dealt with?

Thanks for your time

An East Cornwall referee does some officiating at salt mill and he appears to have a grudge against me. Every tackle a free kick, every word said to the opposition a free kick etc etc. Now I have made no big deal of it yet, but I am asking the question on here as next season in the east Cornwall premier I'm going to have a few issues if he is the ref for any game I'm playing in?

I'm interested to know how can I get around this in the correct way without causing any major issues for myself and/or my saturday club and i particularly do not want to be booked/sent off everytime he is refereeing.

Thanks for your timed

I think as a player you need to keep your mouth shut and play your own then you won't get sent or booked!

You must be doing something wrong.

As a judge would say guilty

Thanks for your time

Simple answer is to go out and play within the laws of the game,if you thik a desision has gone against you bite your tongue talk to the ref politley instead of ranting and shouting , you might be surprised at the refs reaction.I was an official for many years at Contributary League level [Western League etc ] Ireffed over 100 times in the old South Western League so pretty much seen and heard it all.Best ref ever 1 week worst ref the next. i doubt this ref has a vendetta against you it might just be the way you express yourself. Concentrate on your own game. If the said ref does have an issue with you he will also have issues with others and will be found out. Never heard of this before though. Also played at SW and ECPL level so i am in the know.Have a good season and concentrate on you and your team.Purely my opinions ignore if you so wish.

Thanks for your timed

I think as a player you need to keep your mouth shut and play your own then you won't get sent or booked!

Thanks for your kind words.....

One booking in the whole of last season, not exactly a vinnie jones am I?

Thanks for your opinion hoppit, I can know that biting my tongue is the right thing to do and I don't actually say anything because that will just lead to the booking/sending off route. But is there any part of the CCFA that I can approach to ensure that this doesnt happen as I know once the season starts and I say something I'll be seen as being petty and merely annoyed by this ref whereas this couldn't be further from the truth.

Thanks for your timed

Thanks for your opinion hoppit, I can know that biting my tongue is the right thing to do and I don't actually say anything because that will just lead to the booking/sending off route. But is there any part of the CCFA that I can approach to ensure that this doesnt happen as I know once the season starts and I say something I'll be seen as being petty and merely annoyed by this ref whereas this couldn't be further from the truth.

Didn't u get sent off in your first game for your club?

And I believe you where injured a lot to

And I have played against you to no what your like good player big mouth!

Gets you into trouble!

In all seriousness play your game no trouble then?

Good luck next season it will be good to see u playing well

Thanks for your timed

No Solly not much you can do refs are appointed by referees appointments secretary not CCFA if you contacted that fellow he would tell you were to go. This happens even at the highest level of football and rightly so.As i said before go and play your game and let the ref do his job. Even if its personal not much you can do other than not play in the matches he is refing. Be careful or you might dig a big hole for yourself.Sorry can't be more positive to your cause but its just the way it is beleive me.

Valid point hoppit. All I can do is smile in the face of adversity and get on with it and if it gets too bad call it a day and get out on the golf course. ;-) Thanks for the reply though.

Spud runner -

1st game for the club. No, we lost 2-1 v St Dennis and I was on the pitch for the whole game.

This season I missed roughly 6 games through injury.

Good player? Thank you.

Big mouth? Maybe 3 years ago but not since joining the east Cornwall league.

Play my game? I am trying to I can assure you but should this hinderance and blatant prejudice be accepted?

And as for next season, we'll see....

Thank you Lynx Affect, next season should be a good one. I know that referees are here to do a job and without you guys there wouldn't be any Saturday football.

And yan, u lost the kayak not me. Lol

And I think you'll find I have never received a red card in my time in the east Cornwall league :-)

i dont personally have any problems with referees but i play with a few who are well known to refs, in the past they have given mouth, abuse and even squared up to refs in anger at decisions. i am playing with the same players now and they are now laughing and joking with the same referees that have been around for years purely by not getting on their back, log standing unwritten rule of football, dont get on the bad side of the ref and he will give things fairly and without bias

i dont know how you play your game, just my personal experience having been around for a few years, you might not be mouthy or aggressive but just have a laugh with the guy before, during and after the game and he will be fine, have a good season :smiley20:

Solly it may not be that this ref has issues with you, you may just stand out more as you tackle harder than other players and when he penalises you it seems that he is picking on you and if you react by shouting then it blows up to be more of an issue ( I`m not saying this is what happens). I may be wrong but I have had trouble with some players over the twenty odd years that I have refed, and those players have approached me and I them before,during,and after games and we`ve spoken and problems go away . Maybe if you approach this ref next time you see him and casually ask in a friendly manner if there is a problem ,you may be pleasantly suprised what re-action you get back. Most referee`s are approachable people and are willing to talk to players and Managers and discuss issue about the game or any problem that may arise.

may I suggest you give it a try, whats the worst that can happen, but for sure you will know where and how things stand , if not change for the better .

I`m not sure if I have refed you Solly but if i do get to ref you next season I hope it all goes well for both of us :drink: