Cornwall Football Forum

AND SO IT GOES ON

It would appear that at tonights ECPL meeting regarding the Elburton Villa v St Blazey match, it has been put in the hands of the CCFA as it involves promotion. And they will be informing the ECPL tomorrow as to their decision.

It would appear that at tonights ECPL meeting regarding the Elburton Villa v St Blazey match, it has been put in the hands of the CCFA as it involves promotion. And they will be informing the ECPL tomorrow as to their decision.

I think that is what is known as passing the buck!!

Cowardly,as ever. Rules are rules. Hard on Liskeard,but Elburton should go up. ECPL committee are a disgrace. First it was the Kilkhampton farce,when the vice chairman spoke for ten mins on their bid,and nobody else's,now this rubbish.

Cowardly,as ever. Rules are rules. Hard on Liskeard,but Elburton should go up. ECPL committee are a disgrace. First it was the Kilkhampton farce,when the vice chairman spoke for ten mins on their bid,and nobody else's,now this rubbish.

Putting it politely, they couldn't organise a booze up in a brewery.

I am not surprised that they wouldn't make a decision, it just confirms what a shower they are.

I feel sympathy for both clubs affected by this farcical situation but surely if a club does not raise a side to play in a match the norm would be for them to forfeit the points and receive a fine.

Although in this case it would mean that Elburton are promoted.

What does the rule book say on the matter?

This situation has arisen through only one thing: if only St.Blazey had turned up for the match nothing more would have been heard or said.In fairness to Blazey,they tried to muster a team comprising of the CSWPL and ECPL players-several of whom are Plyumouth based-but unfortunately could raise only 8 men and pulled out the night before.

One solution would be to promote both Elurton AND Liskeard -surely CCFA would not object....or would they!!??

Liskeard don't come into the equation. Elburton were due to play Blazey. Blazey can't raise a side, Elburton get the points,simples. Blazey have been an embarrassment this year,let's hope they see sense and go back to a core of local players,like the top 4 have.

Absolutely right,Bobby:this fiasco is all down to them.

That puts the situation to bed on who is to blame,i dont really know why the county has to deal with the solution,surely there must be a rule somewhere that states how many sides are promoted and relegated from each division.The duchy league relegate 2 teams by rule from each division regardless of anything else that might effect that.St dennis have been promoted ,the bottom 2 teams in premier should be relegated by rule allowing liskeard to take the additional place .Although as St Teath current manager i am pleased that we managed to get promoted to senior football,i still question the need for so many we have done reasonably well in our first season,but i really dont understand how clubs with senior status cant raise teams for games.Maybe it is time to look at the numbers again ,a bit to easy to blame the league clubs need to take a look at themselves .

i was told this weekend that points couldn't be awarded for not playing the game if the result of the match would have an effect on either promotion or relegation. i don't know how true this is. i think the real confusion in this matter comes down to the whole, we thought it was already 0-0, we never agreed to 0-0. i guess we will all know tonight!

i was told this weekend that points couldn't be awarded for not playing the game if the result of the match would have an effect on either promotion or relegation. i don't know how true this is. i think the real confusion in this matter comes down to the whole, we thought it was already 0-0, we never agreed to 0-0. i guess we will all know tonight!

Lets hope the CCFA don't sit on the fence as well, maybe a play off between Liskeard and Elburton would sort it out although they would probably say the season has finished?

That can't be right - ANY game at any point in the season has an effect on promotion or relegation. Only fair ways are points to Elburton or expunge Blazeys record totally for the year.

That can't be right - ANY game at any point in the season has an effect on promotion or relegation. Only fair ways are points to Elburton or expunge Blazeys record totally for the year.

True but most of the other games were played, oh apart from the other one involving St Blazey !!

Think 3 will go up in the end :wacko:

True but most of the other games were played, oh apart from the other one involving St Blazey !!

Think 3 will go up in the end :wacko:

Well the decision has been made but we have to wait until the clubs Elburton and St Blazey have been informed. I don't know the answer but is there anyone from either club able to advise us of the result.

Quite right too: the Clubs have to be informed before the media

Elburton Villa have been awarded the game and the three points which means they are promoted to the Premier Division.

Well done to Elburton and hard luck on Liskeard, but the correct decision was made (rules are rules). Any other outcome would have been unfair on the other teams in the league. Personally I think the blame lies at St Blazey, if they had raised a team (or had the balls to play with 8 like Nanpean have at times)then this whole situation would have been avoided.

Congratulations to St Dominick and Elburton, look forward to going one better next season hopefully!

MQ

Pleased in one way Martin would rather play at Lux park,but dissapointed for you and the lads,good luck to the promoted teams.Enjoy your tour of Bristol,would have joined in but Steve kay is getting married on saturday and we are all looking forward to that.Been a long hard season hopefully the next one will just as enjoyable look forward to seeing Liskeard again.

Does this mean Morwenstow stay up in the premier due to the St Dennis promotion?

Correct 'Green Blood' Morwenstow werent going to be relegated anyway, because of St Dennis' promotion only the bottom side were going to be relegated which was Biscovey. 2 sides go out of the ECPL (St Dennis-UP, Biscovey-DOWN) and 2 sides go up into the ECPL (St Dominick and Elburton Villa)

Does this mean Morwenstow stay up in the premier due to the St Dennis promotion?

Correct 'Green Blood' Morwenstow werent going to be relegated anyway, because of St Dennis' promotion only the bottom side were going to be relegated which was Biscovey. 2 sides go out of the ECPL (St Dennis-UP, Biscovey-DOWN) and 2 sides go up into the ECPL (St Dominick and Elburton Villa)

So why didn't the ECPL committee have the balls to make the decision?

They did ! Simply applied the same rule as when St.Blazey failed to turn up at home to Millbrook.CCFA's guidance was only to see if an FA ruling prevented any promotion/relegation by being awarded a win for non-fulfillment of fixtue.

There isn't!!!.A pity everyone doesn't show the same dignity as the admirable Martin McHugh.

They did ! Simply applied the same rule as when St.Blazey failed to turn up at home to Millbrook.CCFA's guidance was only to see if an FA ruling prevented any promotion/relegation by being awarded a win for non-fulfillment of fixtue.

There isn't!!!.A pity everyone doesn't show the same dignity as the admirable Martin McHugh.

Totally agree Martin has been superb all season a credit to local football and Liskeard AFC.