Cornwall Football Forum

MANAGER REQUIRED FOR ST BLAZEY FC

St Blazey F.C. require an experienced and keen Manager for First Team duties and suitable applicants should contact Chairman Martin Richards on 07596765983 or 01726 810882.

Heard today at work that Chris Reski was offered the managers job? Surely he would of been the youngest manager ever?!!

St Blazey F.C. require an experienced and keen Manager for First Team duties and suitable applicants should contact Chairman Martin Richards on 07596765983 or 01726 810882.

Heard today at work that Chris Reski was offered the managers job? Surely he would of been the youngest manager ever?!!

Hear that Bobby Oaten may be in the running

Will be a large rebuilding Job too ... From what I understand all the players are dropping down to League 1 and following Glynn Hooper :wacko: .

Hopefully Bobby will be able to keep the players he originally brought to the club i.e Zallick, Trott, Blackler etc. Cant imagine those wanting to leave St Blazey for Newquay even with the large monies being on offer at Newquay..

Best of luck in your search but Bobby Oaten would be the ideal person to bring in and bring back some stability to the club.

Regards

Money MAN

Will be a large rebuilding Job too ... From what I understand all the players are dropping down to League 1 and following Glynn Hooper :wacko: .

Hopefully Bobby will be able to keep the players he originally brought to the club i.e Zallick, Trott, Blackler etc. Cant imagine those wanting to leave St Blazey for Newquay even with the large monies being on offer at Newquay..

Best of luck in your search but Bobby Oaten would be the ideal person to bring in and bring back some stability to the club.

Regards

Money MAN

Unless you have defected and are now raising funds for Newquay AFC, I can assure you there is NO MONEY at Mount Wise... yet. Obviously, the club will be working hard to obtain sponsorship and other revenue streams over the summer BUT, at this time, Glynn has a ZERO BUDGET. We would welcome the chance to have a nice big budget, just like the one at St Austell Brewery Stadium, Poltair Park.

Have a good summer folks, see you on the other side.

Regards

Money MAN

Unless you have defected and are now raising funds for Newquay AFC, I can assure you there is NO MONEY at Mount Wise... yet. Obviously, the club will be working hard to obtain sponsorship and other revenue streams over the summer BUT, at this time, Glynn has a ZERO BUDGET. We would welcome the chance to have a nice big budget, just like the one at St Austell Brewery Stadium, Poltair Park.

No Money??? What a load of tosh. Why do you insist on denying this, everyone knows that Hoops doesn't manage teams with zero budget.

Heard on the grapevine that robbo and the boys aren't happy and will be leaving for pastures new! Oh well, chin up and god luck with the mercenaries :clapper:

Regards

Money MAN

No Money??? What a load of tosh. Why do you insist on denying this, everyone knows that Hoops doesn't manage teams with zero budget.

Heard on the grapevine that robbo and the boys aren't happy and will be leaving for pastures new! Oh well, chin up and god luck with the mercenaries :clapper:

Players will come and go, just like any other club, I'm sure those who feel they are good enough will stay and fight for a place. There is NO MONEY at Newquay, I know, I was at the AGM, I've seen the books and know that when the Chairman says the club is skint, he means it. This is not to say that the club is in trouble, it isn't - we are just not going to spend money we do not have, the football side of the club will have to earn any income through sponsors, commercial ventures and gate receipts, the clubhouse cannot contribute a penny as the income just isn't being generated at this time.

Thanks for your interest.

Surely someone with the reputation, qualifications and experience of Glyn Hooper wouldnt need a budget. Sure he would be able to attract the right players and get the best out of them with a minimal/no budget. The way it should be! Get the players who want to be there to play for the club/manager and have a good time doing it. Not just there to pick up the brown envelopes before heading back across the border. If thats the way Newquay are going then good on them and good luck!!

Regards

Money MAN

I agree. Bobby would be the ideal candidate. He bailed them out the s**t before and made a good job of it. It's a shame they didnt treat him with the respect he possibly deserved then they wouldnt be in this situation

I would think that the St Blazey committee need to extract their fingers and get a reputable replacement in quickly given the current player merry-go-round and the likelihood of an exodus following the 'Pied Piper'.

What a shame there has to be yet another rebuild on the cards for such an esteemed club.

A change has got to come!

Also where do the blazey faithful think theyd be right now if their club had stuck by bobby o? theyd be in their 3rd season with him now and that is good for continuity isnt it? surprised hes back really after last time! i dont understand why blazey dumped him for hooper if they didnt plan on building blazey for future, may aswell stayed with bobby o as surely they knew hopper was ambitious.prob thought hed get all best players back to blazey just coz who he is. stupid if you ask me. blazey need to decide what it is they want from a manager. good luck this time bobby hope you dont get used again

No club with half a brain (and we just about manage that much) would turn down Glynn Hooper, simple as that.

As for the possible return of Sir Bobby Oaten? He's a real favourite with the fans.

He performed a fantastic job last time in charge, guiding us to safety without so much as a relegation scrap.

His mandate would be the same this time: to ensure Premier Division football at Blaise Park is maintained.

Whether or not the committee is pulling in the right direction is open to debate, but I speak for the fans when I say we'll be getting behind the boys in green in the only way we know how: loud and proud.

If true then welcome home Sir Bobby.

No official statement as yet so we will have to wait and see.

I think with the club not willing to throw money at the football that they simply dont have then this will be a good apointment.

Bobby has still be seen at many a Blazey match last season including trips to Royal Marnies and Tavi.

This needs to be a long term appointment.

I think he could do a good job. He managed to bring some great players to the club.

Intresting!! :drink:

Well done to all the St Blazey committee on sorting our a replacement so quickly.. I understand from players that the finances have all been sorted out and that the budget is in place to build a team. I certainly expect the players Bobby originally brought to the club to stay especially with the promise of actually getting paid.

Just cant understand why Hooper and Lafferty were not given the thumbs up from the committee that the budget would be ok for the season. I understood that they had some good sponsorship on board as well...

Anyway good luck to Bobby Oaten and St Blazey... surley avoiding relegation would be the aim!!!!

Money Man

And the St Austell fans are still worried about finishing behind the Blazey!! :lol:

Looking at the state of some clubs who have been wound up and made to drop many leagues, maybe its refreshing to see a club who wont throw everything they have at winning what is only a couple grand!!!

Weve lived the dream if you like when money wasnt so tight, weve got the titles and cups to show for it. A fantastic achievement over such a long period of time that will take some beating and probably never will.

So time to hold on tight and see where we go from here.

Roll on pre season. :thumbsup:

I have got to agree St Blazey have been 1 of the top teams in the county as long as I can remember.I recall them coming down to play Truro City when I was a youngster in the 1950s and the game would attract the supporters by the 1000s.Just a shame they never ever went up a league or 2 as i'm sure they would have done well.

Times might be a bit tough,like it is for many clubs at the moment but i'm sure they will see it through and come out all the stronger for it.They have been the envy of many other clubs in the county for as long as I can remember,and I cant to be honest see that changing.So soldier on St Blazey,and best of luck for the future.

And the St Austell fans are still worried about finishing behind the Blazey!! :lol:

Looking at the state of some clubs who have been wound up and made to drop many leagues, maybe its refreshing to see a club who wont throw everything they have at winning what is only a couple grand!!!

Weve lived the dream if you like when money wasnt so tight, weve got the titles and cups to show for it. A fantastic achievement over such a long period of time that will take some beating and probably never will.

If your club back then had some ambition they would have pushed on up the leagues.Only won lots because they had twice as much money as other clubs,what happened when the money dried up? Down down deeper than down.Hope your "acheivments" are never beaten because that would mean other SWPL Premier clubs won't take promotion, stagnates Cornish football. :SM_carton:

Why have you got such a problem with clubs paying money?

No problem with clubs paying money,problem with clubs paying money but only wanting to win SWPL PREMIER need to show some ambition and push on up the pyramid and put Cornish soccer on the map. In my limited experience not many level 6 + 7 players in any other County gets paid,some i know even pay to play to enable them to get to a higher level.Cornish soccer seem to be paying monies not in proportion with the standard of soccer.

If your club back then had some ambition they would have pushed on up the leagues.Only won lots because they had twice as much money as other clubs,what happened when the money dried up? Down down deeper than down.Hope your "acheivments" are never beaten because that would mean other SWPL Premier clubs won't take promotion, stagnates Cornish football. :SM_carton:

Quite right. St Blazey had their chances and blew it. We should be at the higher levels of non-league now.