Cornwall Football Forum

Dogs to be banned from attending matches, sensible idea or a bit of a howler?

Football supporting dogwalkers around Cornwall may have to find an alternative dog walking route next season as there is a very realistic chance that they will no longer be allowed to attend junior football matches because of a new FA health and safety law. This will come as a big disappointment to those who have canine companions and enjoy watching a footy match on a saturday. I've spoken to a few locals who have mixed views on the situation. Halestown left back Beau Stevens said "its hard to concentrate on playing my footy when theres loads of dogs barking at me." He also mentioned the fact that it could be dangerous if a dog were to somehow escape from its owner and attack a player on the pitch. However most club supporters around Cornwall seem to be quite ticked off by the FA's plans, and think that it would be a paw idea to enforce the law.

Football supporting dogwalkers around Cornwall may have to find an alternative dog walking route next season as there is a very realistic chance that they will no longer be allowed to attend junior football matches because of a new FA health and safety law. This will come as a big disappointment to those who have canine companions and enjoy watching a footy match on a saturday. I've spoken to a few locals who have mixed views on the situation. Halestown left back Beau Stevens said "its hard to concentrate on playing my footy when theres loads of dogs barking at me." He also mentioned the fact that it could be dangerous if a dog were to somehow escape from its owner and attack a player on the pitch. However most club supporters around Cornwall seem to be quite ticked off by the FA's plans, and think that it would be a paw idea to enforce the law.

Saw an incident at a Probus v St Breward Duchy League game a few years ago when a player went to pick the ball up to take a throw in, as he reached for the ball a dog on its owners lead bit the player on the arm he needed hospital treatment, the owner and his dog were sent out the ground so it does happen, only time ive ever seen it in 40 odd years so banning dogs could be a sledgehammer to crack a nut. :P