Cornwall Football Forum

FIFA Corruptions

Just starting a topic on here to see what people think of the news coming from Geneva about FIFA's dealings.

Personally, I think the only way for this to come to a head is for Blatter to PROVE his innocence or step down.

So Seip Blatter is to get another term as FIFA President. Having watched the FIFA Conference this morning it appeared to be more akin to a communist party rally with ‘the prawn sandwich brigade’ applauding his ever word for fear of being kicked out the ‘old boys club’.

For once I admire the English FA and Chuck Blazer for taking a stance but have to admit it was too little too late. FIFA has become a law upon itself and until it becomes transparent will have little credibility left as an organisation. With accusations of corruption coming to the surface I predict those running the game will collapse like a pack of cards within having no choice but to resign if they had any dignity for the game left.

In an interview with a German press agency yesterday, Fifa's senior vice-president Grondona even called England "pirates", adding: "With the English (2018 World Cup) bid I said: 'Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote'. They then became sad and left." This is the sort of people as a nation we are up against in FIFA.

The simple matter is that an overwhelming majority in FIFA are jealous of English football, although I don’t agree with how the FA has allowed the Premier League to run as it is, the league has a mighty financial clout throughout the world, we have the best stadiums and infrastructure in the world.

Where FIFA will hurt is if the sponsors of the game start to pull out if they believe their brand is associated with corruption. If England and the bigger players such as Germany, Italy and Span were to pull out of the World Cup which is unlikely this would hit the sponsors badly and in turn would demand something is done. At present FIFA hold nearly $1.6 billion in capital, which makes you wonder why this hasn’t gone back into the grassroots of the game, ohh I forgot it is needed for Blatter to live like a king around the world wielding his influence.

BLATTER :SM_carton:

The FA are pretty spineless at dealing with anything in this country for a start. See the way they handle Ferguson, gets more warnings than my fuel guage on my car!

They have an ideal opportunity to walk away from FIFA and go on their own! they'd miss the English more than the English would miss them thats for sure. What would we lose? the World Cup! who cares, we never compete in it anyway. FIFA would lose nearly a third of takings that they make, because England make them that much (along with the SFA).

Its as corrupt as it gets at FIFA so its time to walk away.

course they've not got the balls to do it! They not got the balls to discipline those closer to home let alone FIFA!! whole thing is a joke.

The Premier League wouldn't lose out, where can they lose out? UEFA Champions League is the biggest club competition in the world. If the FA ducked out of FIFA then others would follow.

But its just not going to happen

Just starting a topic on here to see what people think of the news coming from Geneva about FIFA's dealings.

Personally, I think the only way for this to come to a head is for Blatter to PROVE his innocence or step down.

Jasa, I agree with your statement....

And believe that maybe that should apply to you too!

Enjoy your summer.x