Cornwall Football Forum

Evely Cup Final, Sunday 29th May

Good Luck to St Dennis from the peolple of the village who love our soon to be incinerated domain :angry2:

. . . well that is an opinion to be sure.

Good luck to the lads for this afternoon. It would be nice to round off the season with a win.

The real question should be, WHY HELSTON. In these days of high petrol costs, Grampound, Probus, Newquay would have all made more sense than getting everyone to 'trek' west to Helston. (Not to be any way derogatory towards Helston.)

It's a Bank Holiday Sunday, with 'Run to the Sun' amongst others visiting the County.

The already mentioned fuel costs.

Many fans simply not prepared to make that sort of journey for those reasons.

There are three reasons for wondering about the sense of the decision to send the teams to Helston. Mind, maybe I am expecting too much when using the word 'sense' in relation to League decisions.

Anyway, rant over. :yahoo: All the best to bothe sides - have a good one. :smiley20:

Come on 'The Saints' :thumbsup:

Grampound, Probus, Newquay

Grampound and Probus surely wouldn't be possible. Grampound because they haven't got a team in either of the two leagues involved; and nor could it be at Probus as this season it's the turn of the CCL to host it.

Next season St Dennis will be travelling to the likes of Helston and further (Mousehole)!

Grampound, Probus, Newquay

Grampound and Probus surely wouldn't be possible. Grampound because they haven't got a team in either of the two leagues involved; and nor could it be at Probus as this season it's the turn of the CCL to host it.

Next season St Dennis will be travelling to the likes of Helston and further (Mousehole)! ninja.gif

And Newquay have had 3 'big Finals.

Full time : Perranwell 2, St Dennis 1

Despite Hayhurst levelling the game with a top corner header, a combination league side won the Evely Cup for the league's fifth successive time with the deserved winner coming from Kevin Lawrence with 15 minutes remaining.

10 man St Dennis (skipper Mark Rowe red carded for hand ball in the first half) had to rely mostly on breakaways in the second half, while Perranwell hit the woodwork a couple of times through Barry Leete and Shane Richards.

Fair result, but St Dennis put in a great effort when down to 10 men for over half the game.Referee had no choice with the Red card IMHO :SM_carton: and The 'Well end up with 2 Cups and a second place League finish, congratulations to Dave and all the players and officials (and the 'Hardcore' supporters :clapper: ) of Perranwell F.C

I watched this game and as much as it pains me to say it because i hate them so much Torpoint would have been better off representing the ECPL in this game. St Dennis did so as they won the league but had a lucky season and never looked in any danger of winning this match. To be honest even Parkway would have won yesterday but there you go, St Dennis were there but i seriously fear for them if that's the team that will be competing at a "higher level" next year

I watched this game and as much as it pains me to say it because i hate them so much Torpoint would have been better off representing the ECPL in this game. St Dennis did so as they won the league but had a lucky season and never looked in any danger of winning this match. To be honest even Parkway would have won yesterday but there you go, St Dennis were there but i seriously fear for them if that's the team that will be competing at a "higher level" next year

. . . that is the typical silly comment that has spoilt these threads this year. Whoever or whatever happens in individual games, the result of the league over a season cancels out the 'luck' factor. St. Dennis won the league because over the season they played well as a team and won more points. Simple.

Yesterday, they didn't 'turn up' for a game that has history but little relevence. I totally agree that they will have to play better next season - which they most certainly will. Well done to Perranwell.

Last words from me on the venue, to disregard Grampound and Probus because they dont play in the leagues that were competing forgets that Wembley usually hosts the playoff finals but doesn't have a team in the FA Leagues.

"Last words from me on the venue, to disregard Grampound and Probus because they dont play in the leagues that were competing forgets that Wembley usually hosts the playoff finals but doesn't have a team in the FA Leagues."

No disrespect to Grampound or Probus, but neither compares with the glamour of Wembley - arguably the home of English football!

Returning to the question of yesterday's venue - it was quite simply the turn of a JCCL club to benefit from the prestige and financial implications of staging the final.

I totally agree with you about yesterday, we didnt want to be there, it was just one of those end of season games. We had 4 players unavailable yesterday due to work comitments and our captain bein sent off in the 1st half didnt help matters. . . but oh well! perrenwell are a very gd side and wanted it mre than we did. I totally disagree with u about us having a 'lucky' season, u dont win the league and league cup by being lucky, we deserved everything we won this year! As for next season, we will have a stronger squad by bringing in a few players, the plan is to hold our own it the league next season and progress from there! Good luck to Perrenwell next season and well done on yesterday.

I thought it was respective league cup winners that competed for Evely cup,Perran didnt wim Combo did they? :wacko:

I thought it was respective league cup winners that competed for Evely cup,Perran didnt wim Combo did they? :wacko:

Yep - beat Pendeen after penalty shoot out! :)

watched this game and as much as it pains me to say it because i hate them so much Torpoint would have been better off representing the ECPL in this game. St Dennis did so as they won the league but had a lucky season and never looked in any danger of winning this match. To be honest even Parkway would have won yesterday but there you go, St Dennis were there but i seriously fear for them if that's the team that will be competing at a "higher level" next year

Grow up whoever you are son, St Dennis were the best team in ECLP this year season because they did the double. For you to come on here slagging them off just makes you look a plonker.

Perrenwell won yesterday because like Santini said they wanted it more.

Yep - beat Pendeen after penalty shoot out! :)

League winners play for Evely cup according to Santini11's post :wacko:

watched this game and as much as it pains me to say it because i hate them so much Torpoint would have been better off representing the ECPL in this game. St Dennis did so as they won the league but had a lucky season and never looked in any danger of winning this match. To be honest even Parkway would have won yesterday but there you go, St Dennis were there but i seriously fear for them if that's the team that will be competing at a "higher level" next year

Grow up whoever you are son, St Dennis were the best team in ECLP this year season because they did the double. For you to come on here slagging them off just makes you look a plonker.

I just came on to give my opinion of what i saw, i'd appreciate it if u didn't call me names

Admittedly I've not seen too many ECPL games this season, but one I did was when St Dennis beat Torpoint!

Guess what the result was - St Dennis won!

Speak like a plonker then you will be called a plonker quote:

I watched this game and as much as it pains me to say it because i hate them so much Torpoint would have been better off representing the ECPL in this game.

Only my opinion. Parkway would have done better, you could tell St Dennis didn't want to be there which is a shame, but fair play they earned the right to play that match. Just as long as there is someone else around to stop Torpoint then i'm always happy

:ninja:

Why do Devon teams play in the east CORNWALL league. <_<

Presumably because there isn't a Devon-based league as good! c.gif

Devons loads bigger than Cornwall, could have a Plymouth and District League or Plymouth Senior League. :ninja:

I have been looking at the thread and find it hard to understand some postings!!

We didn't want to be there as we have injury's ? Perranwell had 2 of the best in

there team watching through injury!!.

It is a fixture between the cup winners of the Combo and East Cornwall CUP WINNERS, not a charity

match as one of St Dennis supporters shouted when the guy who handled the ball in the box was sent off!!

Just a shame some of the St Dennis supporters missed the match, ( with the fuel costs !! will miss most

of next season too i reckon!! ).

On a plus note the St Dennis players were very sporting in defeat. :c: :clapper:

to be fair, we were a different class... so thats why :rolleyes:

well m8 if that was ur starting eleven then helston must b some side 2 beat u 4 the league,r u paying ur players down there cos kevin lawrence must b gettin offered money 2 play elsewhere???

credit 2 ur team tho as u were up 4 it from the off!!if u win the league next yr r u going 2 apply 4 swpl cos ud do well wiv that team m8.

well m8 if that was ur starting eleven then helston must b some side 2 beat u 4 the league,r u paying ur players down there cos kevin lawrence must b gettin offered money 2 play elsewhere???

credit 2 ur team tho as u were up 4 it from the off!!if u win the league next yr r u going 2 apply 4 swpl cos ud do well wiv that team m8.

nobody at Perranwell gets played to play football

Kempy, i was the one shouting when our player got sent off, becuase some of your supporters were shouting for a red card before the ball stopped rolling, St Dennis players very sporting and so are there supporters, which is more then i can say for some of yours.

Perranwell excellent on the day and nobody from the Saints will take that away from them.

Hoepfully we will meet in next season Senior Cup, would be a good game because Perranwell outplayed Saints from start to finish last Sunday

well m8 if that was ur starting eleven then helston must b some side 2 beat u 4 the league, r u paying ur players down there cos kevin lawrence must b gettin offered money 2 play elsewhere???

Yeah we are Cheers!!

I think its called exspenses like the MP's but alot more :thumbsup:

Helston r a very good team but it helps when u can pay money 2 bring in a few quality players towards the end of the season I.e Liam eddy ex truro city and mikey Davis who can easily play alot higher.

If perranwell had there best 11 out against helstons best 11 I think perranwell would win,just my opinion of course.

Helston won the league so u can't argue with that but were a few points behind before they bought in some players who were there just for the money.

Helston r a very good team but it helps when u can pay money 2 bring in a few quality players towards the end of the season I.e Liam eddy ex truro city and mikey Davis who can easily play alot higher.

If perranwell had there best 11 out against helstons best 11 I think perranwell would win,just my opinion of course.

Helston won the league so u can't argue with that but were a few points behind before they bought in some players who were there just for the money.

surprised lee whetter,mike body,lee bradd n dan nanckarrow wernt there if there was money bein splashed about

Didnt Perran have that when they played at Helston steve brewer etc....?

I know Helston Didn't in that game as we didnt have a full squad all season until the penryn game AFTER the league had been won..

But Perran are a great team and did us at Perran a treat!!

Perran will take some beating next year

PS Sid dont pay players as it cost us loads to have him!!!

:o

:o:huh: :P

Boring boring boring - no money whatsoever was paid to anybody. Believe it or not. nobody really cares!!

Didnt Perran have that when they played at Helston steve brewer etc....?

I know Helston Didn't in that game as we didnt have a full squad all season until the penryn game AFTER the league had been won..

But Perran are a great team and did us at Perran a treat!!

Perran will take some beating next year

PS Sid dont pay players as it cost us loads to have him!!!

There was a whip round so we could send you away the chris

I think when Helston had their best starting XI and Perranwell had there's Helston won 3-2, from a playing point of view, the only money Liam must get is to miss cos he missed some chances when he was playing for us, he scored 23 but proboably missed about 100 good chances. so maybe he got £2 a miss - I don't know! In fact no one got paid for Helston, at present they aren't going to pay to play in the Peninsula, which is good on them really! They can't afford it and aren't going to break the bank to. And if you really wanted to see how much the club means to some you should of seen the players helping to improve the facilities, ddug outs are now gone, new dug outs being built next weekend, prob would of been quicker if Breasbats could mix! Only person who didn't help was Mark Goldsworthy - cos basically he scored 61 goals this season - so can do what he wants.

Amen

Wish these pigs would stop flying past my window, very distracting!