Cornwall Football Forum

Yes I know the season has only just finished, but preparation for the new league begins now for Portreath AFC.....

So first off we are looking at starting our pre-season off towards the middle of June, this will be with some informal get together on the beach at Portreath ( voted one of cleanest beaches in UK) with barbecue etc. purpose of these informal get together is so new players can come along have a kick around, have a bite to eat and a beer on the beach with the current players, the other purpose of playing on the beach is that Portreath AFC are trying to bring some samba flair to there game and bring the attractive style to the game which countries such as Brazil are well known for.

Portreath have always had a core to the club which will always remain, recent years have seen some tough times for us, but this has now been settled down and we as a club are back on the up, but to help keep the club going in the right direction we are looking to strengthen the squad. Portreath is not a clicky club and your face doesn't need to fit to get a chance with the team. All i ask is that you come along work hard in training and enjoy your football, in return i offer a great atmosphere after games in the pub, players nights out regularly and some new friends.

Portreath is going through a change currently with new developments happening as we speak, i want commit to telling anyone until i am 100% certain these developments are set in stone but currently the future is looking sweet !!!!!

so if you are interested in getting involved with Portreath AFC please feel free to contact myself on any of the contact details below or PM me on this forum.

We will also be interested in hearing from any clubs willing to host us for a friendly through June/July and beginning of august, unfortunately it would have to be away as currently we play on a council facility so we cant use the pitch through pre-season, but if you can host us at your pitch i would be happy to help with ref expense and i can promise you the players will put money behind your bar after the game.

so come on people get in touch.

Alan Williams (bundi)

Portreath AFC

if ur players put in as much effort on the pitch as u do off of it m8 ull fly thru the leagues,these nites out,do u fund the beer money?lol

oh does shaun stevens still play 4 u?

Further update---

Friendlies Confirmed

30th July - Illogan RBL- Oxland Parc 2.00 Kick Off

6th August- Trispen AFC- Trispen 3.00 Kick off

still need several friendlies starting first week in July Onwards

If you can Host us then like i said, doesn't matter what league your in then we will play