Cornwall Football Forum

Cardew call's time at the mill

At a meeting held this afternoon it has now been confirmed that Ricky Cardews most likely successor will be Dan Chapman. He would take over as a player/manager. Having been at the club for the last 14 years he would be the perfect man to take over. All the best for next season Torpoint.

RAVO is keeping very quiet

Very good manager would fit in well with the lads as long as he didn't bring that gob ache he had in midfield for Wessex!

Washam I recall!!!!

But ain't he doing his sons team???

Been at alot of torpoints games this year be good to see him back in management

RAVO is keeping very quiet

Very good manager would fit in well with the lads as long as he didn't bring that gob ache he had in midfield for Wessex!

Washam I recall!!!!

But ain't he doing his sons team???

Been at alot of torpoints games this year be good to see him back in management

ur not fussy where u stick ur head r u spud runner lol

Whats your obsession with Bunney?

Swiggs will do a good job if he gets it, his Millbrook side have been impressive when i have seen them this season and with better players he could continue the fine job Ricky has done. I'm suprised the Torpoint 3rd team manager hasn't been mentioned as a possibility, hasn't he won pretty much everything there is to win with his side this season? Thought he'd be in the run in at least.

Not sure how my names been linked to this but just to confirm I have no plans to leave Millbrook and have no idea where these rumours have been started. I'm fairly certain this is somebody having some fun. I'm enjoying my time at Millbrook and am hoping to take our end of season form into next season and mount a serious challenge for promotion.

The club is moving forward after a difficult few seasons and I am pleased to be a part of this. I know in previous seasons the club has come across badly in certain situations on here. I think those days are behind us and myself and all those at the club are purely intetested on what goes on on the pitch and not rumours and false stories!!

That's said I did laugh when I read my name being linked, but as I said all rumours and in my opinion somebody on a wind up!!

Paul Stephens is watching his son play for Southapton next year so wont be managing, and to the rumour of Ryan Swiggs going to Torpoint is a ludacris shout, he is not up to standard to manage Torpoint and i dont believe he has the stones to put up with all the egos in the Torpoint 2nd team squad and would not get the respect that Ricky was given by all the players

Statement in the Torpoint Journal today regarding vacant Torpoint East Cornwall position -

Torpoint Athletic have named Ryan Swiggs as their new manager.

The 31-year-old ex-Millbrook boss left his last post at Millbrook in the early hours of Saturday morning, resigning with the club in the East Cornwall One.

He has also managed Millbrook Under 18's.

The ex-Millbrook man succeeds Ricky Cardew who has left his post after a successful 4 years.

Swiggs told the club website: "I feel privileged to become the manager of Torpoint Athletic.

"The fans, the chairman and everyone involved with the club have one thing in common for the Millers - ambition.

"I want to realise their aspirations and bring success to the club as soon as possible."

Chairman Paul Whitworth added: "Swiggs was at the top of my wanted list for football reasons.

"Danny was the outstanding candidate from the group of potential managers, all with strong profiles and good track records."

Thankyou Dave this will hopefully be my last comment on this situation.

I stand by my previous post and realise somebodies on a wind up! Just to add I know that Millbrook had a bad reputation on this site in the past couple if years due to unfounded rumours. I'm disappointed that seems to be occurring again. I rarely comment on this site but often look to see what's going on, but I feel u have to stop this stupidity as save said this is all rubbish, and personally I feel it's poor that somebody is using this site to disrespect two clubs such as Millbrook and torpoint and a long standing respected manger such as rikki cardew.

This will as I said hopefully be my last post on this subject, as this site shouldn't be used to cause trouble but as a source of information onlocal football!

I hope Dave that u will look into this and bar those that use this site just to cause trouble between clubs

Rant over!

Ryan Swiggs.

Swiggsy. you should be flattered to be even mentioned for that job, nothing else! You're at a massive club who was once competing at Jewson South Western level, and now you can't even get out of ECL One!!!!

Rant Over!!!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Yeah i do, and the people on the wind up aren't actually torpoint players. In fact there's only a few players that post on here now although they do all still read it.

Anychance,

Its not a verbal attack on swiggsy, all I am saying is he should take it as a compliment!

Your right in saying he done a good job last season, the club are going in the right direction now, certainly a lot better than the Dane Bunny era!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ECPL Supporter

He was always stepping down this year. He would have gone the year before had the club found a suitable replacement. Not a bad stint though, in his time as manager 3 titles to Bodmins big fat zero, oh well, chins up son