Cornwall Football Forum

Hayle... Supplementary Cup Final

Best of luck to Steve Webber,Reno and the players today in the Supplementary Cup Final versus Wendron.

Both teams form has been up and down recently so could be a high scoring final.

Come on Hayle !!!

i'm hoping its not, be nice to retain it ;-)

Good luck and best wishes today to all the players down at penryn today. Sadly i can,t be there but N,j will hopefully keep me informed thru the afternoon.Be a bit like the return to the "glorydays" for deano and jamo but also hopefully a first trophy for the younger lads too.

It,s not been an easy season but thanks must go to all the managers and players throughout the season (past and present)who,ve contributed to the hardiuos task of putting out 4 teams each week.Not been easy especially when we lost a team in pre-season too.2 trophys are a step forward after several barren seasons so well done and again good luck boys :yahoo:

After watching Pendeen take Wendron apart the other day 9-0 I don't think Hayle First Team, opps sorry Reserves will have many problems.

hayle play long ball, Wendron keep it on the ground with neat passing but their final ball is poor.

We all know how much you love Hayle CTB and being local its a shame you feel the need to support PZ over hayle but we all have our crosses to bear I suppose.Fair play to your support though over the years which is to be commended for sure.

Anyway sorry you have it wrong again its not Hayle 1st team, 2nd team or any other team but Hayle players playing for their club... not playing long ball either unless it suits.Thoroughly deserved win I think today against a battling Wendron team who were the better side in the 1st half for sure.

A senior cup again for Hayle.

Can you list Pz's succeses for us this season on and off the pitch?

Sorry must have gone deaf.

Congratulations to Hayle! Though we had a very good first half and ten poor minutes for us cost us the game. Think Rob has done a great job this season and next season we hope to be up and around the top! Thought Harry Evans deserved his man of the match award, played very well today

Firstly, may I congratulate Wendron on a tremendous final, we were very lucky not to concede the 2nd goal within the fisrt half, we addressed several issues at half time and believed we became a lot more competetive within the 2nd period,we scored two goals in ten minutes against the run of play, saying this we also had a period of play for 20 minutes where we could have added to the scoreline to seal the victory. Wendron pressed for the equaliser in the final few minutes but we held out for the win. I hope this is a fair assumption of the game, rather than inpartial comments that are detremental to both sides which have been posted on this forum. The man of the match was totally justified, well done to the Wendron's number 8. Well played to both teams.

After watching Pendeen take Wendron apart the other day 9-0 I don't think Hayle First Team, opps sorry Reserves will have many problems.

hayle play long ball, Wendron keep it on the ground with neat passing but their final ball is poor.

I think you should show us how it's done & roll around the pitch ! save your opinions .Take our players and win less than us ! shhhhhhhhhhh

wendron dominated the game.. deserved the win

unfortunately for the dron who i love and always will, you don't always get what you deserve :drink::)

Could we have a match report please? A few opinions on players performance but none on what actually happened.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Firstly, may I congratulate Wendron on a tremendous final, we were very lucky not to concede the 2nd goal within the fisrt half, we addressed several issues at half time and believed we became a lot more competetive within the 2nd period,we scored two goals in ten minutes against the run of play, saying this we also had a period of play for 20 minutes where we could have added to the scoreline to seal the victory. Wendron pressed for the equaliser in the final few minutes but we held out for the win. I hope this is a fair assumption of the game, rather than inpartial comments that are detremental to both sides which have been posted on this forum. The man of the match was totally justified, well done to the Wendron's number 8. Well played to both teams.

Pretty fair assessment I think riggins.

We started the game well and played the attractive football we have done all season. Hayle were limited to the long ball which rarely troubled us. We created several chances falling to Charlie Young who worked his socks off up front on his own. After about 30-35minutes he took one of his chances created by JD and tapped it into an empty net. We continued to create chances but Hayle held out until half time. In truth we should have had the game won by half time.

Hayle came out with more desire in the second half. We were probably a bit complacent after a good first half, and probably naively thoought we had done enough even at 1-0 instead of killing the game off. Hayle's goals came within ten minutes of each other after sloppy play all round from Wendron. The first came when a free kick was conceded. From the resulting delivery a Hayle player headed well into the net. The second came not long after after the lino (who had a very good game along with the other officials) made his only error of the game. A throw in was given when the ball was still in play and Wendron didn't react, affording Hayle too much space and time which they capitalised on, squaring the ball and scoring what turned out to be the winner.

After the goal Wendron dominated again, Hayle looked to catch us on the break and were prehaps unlucky not to extend their lead. We created a couple more chances with Harry Evans having a header cleared off the line and Brett Andrew unlucky not to catch Scoffy out from a cross.

Congrats to Hayle - always dissapointing to lose a final, especially playing the football we did, particularly in the first 45. They almost looked embarassed to lift the trophy! Understand its been a tough season for them so well done.

As for us, its something to build upon and after a season we feel we have underachieved in. However it is something to build upon and will make us more eager for success next term.

MoM: Harry Evans

Wendron team: Ian Carpenter, Charlie Davis, Adam Peters, Brett Andrew, Josh McDonald, Matt Miller, Harry Evans, Adam Barnicoat, James Daniel, Ryan Tressider, Charlie Young. Subs: Craig Martin (for McDonald), Rob Dunne (for Evans). Not used: Adam Williamson, Simon Williamson, Antony Williams

"Wendron team: Ian Carpenter, Charlie Davis, Adam Peters, Brett Andrew, Josh McDonald, Matt Miller, Harry Evans, Adam Barnicoat, James Daniel, Ryan Tressider, Charlie Young. Subs: Craig Martin (for McDonald), Rob Dunne (for Evans). Not used: Adam Williamson, Simon Williamson, Antony Williams"

How come Rob Dunne was a substitute?

Having scored 25 goals during the season, he would be a certain shoehorn for the final as it is a one-off game. Was he perhaps carrying an injury?