Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results

Many thanks to Keith Franks, Fixtures Secretary Duchy League

Tuesday 17th May 2011

Bodmin Sports Trophies Duchy League Cup Final at Sticker

Biscovey 3 - 4 AFC St. Austell

Wednesday18th May 2011

Premier Division

Altarnun H - W Foxhole Stars (Unable to raise a side)

Thursday 19th May 2011

Trims & Windows Reserves Team Cup Final played at St. Dennis

St. Mawgan Reserves 1 - 1 Mevagissey Reserves (St Mawgan win 4-1 on penalties)

First Division

Pensilva 3 - 5 Boscastle

Saturday 21st May 2011

Premier Division

Altarnun 2 - 1 Fowey United

First Division

Bere Alston United N / R Polperro

Grampound 2 - 1 St.Dominick

Fourth Division

Mevagissey Reserves 5 - 0 St. Teath

Bere Alston select 11 1-4 Polperro lottery draw 11

With it being the final game and 3rd place guaranteed we decided to draw our positions out of the hat, although I realised that I'd need to be subbed after about 10 minutes if I had to run around so pulled rank as captain and said I was staying between the sticks! On hearing that Bere had about 5 of the 1st team in and how we were going to get stuffed, I feared the worst when they scored after about 10 minutes. The 8 of our side playing in strange positions hadn't settled well and the amount of the ball Bere were having it did look bad for us. We managed to equalise through Matty Rowe after an excellent ball from centre back for the day James Bateman. Bateman was composed in his unfamiliar role and often strode out confidently with the ball, leaving the Bere striker in his wake. We could have been in front if another chance didn't go begging, but we came in level at the break which was deserved.

It was more even in the second half until Manager for the day Jamie Rowe made an inspired substitution, by bringing on centre back Goldie for the tiring Spencer in attack. It immediately paid dividends as Goldie fed Dan Sharpe to score, the regular centre midfielder playing up front for the afternoon getting the goal his work rate deserved. Bere were pressing for an equaliser but it was us who scored again, when Dan Sharpe returned the favour by playing in Goldie with a great ball which the central defender put away, with all the confidence of the strikers role he was taking on for the day. At this point Bere pushed the big centre back up to try an cause some problems but we restricted the service out wide and he was unable to make the desired impact. The fourth goal came courtesy of Dave king, the regular centre back playing in centre midfield. At least that is where he was supposed to be! Goldie turned provider again as he set Kinger free, and think Kenny Dalglish's goal in the 1978 European Cup final for just how good the finish was!

All in all it was a good day for us, and the end of season piss up started back at the bar in Bere Alston where the food was as good as it always is. Most made it through to the end of the night back in Looe and there was only 1 who ended up having to be put to bed early!

This has been a good season for us with a great bunch of lads who'll hopefully be together next season.