Cornwall Football Forum

Peninsula League stars 2010/11

Peninsula League stars 2010/11 taken from the Evening Herald.............

GOALKEEPER

Martin Piper (Torpoint)

DEFENCE

Stuart Clark (Saltash)

John Heveran (Plymouth Parkway)

Matt Godfree (Liskeard)

Marc Bonney (Plymouth Parkway)

MIDFIELD

Liam Thornton (Torpoint)

Dave Hallett (Tavistock)

Shane Krac (Plymouth Parkway)

Dennis Mason (Ivybridge)

FORWARDS

Adam Carter (Torpoint)

Joe Truelove (Ivybridge)

SUBSTITUTES

Jamie Ahearn (Tavistock)

Dan Jefferis (Callington)

Shane White (Torpoint)

Chris Wright (Parkway)

Andy Sargent (Parkway)

Sam Hughes (Saltash)

MANAGER

Stuart Dudley (Former Torpoint)

Read the full report in the Herald

Whoever wrote that is not aware of the world beyond Liskeard to the West and Ivybridge to the East!

I think that's possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Dan snoozle it's from the herald do u get the herald down there I believe not it's a local opinion from mike Samson,

It's about local clubs not once has he stated it's the whole league it's the best players from around the herald area Plymouth and surrounding!

What would be the point of writing about players that people around Plymouth would not know!

Stop getting on your hi horse cause there are no blazey players there!

Alot of those players deserve the credit they are getting some of them achieved good things this season!

Whoever wrote that is not aware of the world beyond Liskeard to the West and Ivybridge to the East!

I think that's possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Dan snoozle it's from the herald do u get the herald down there I believe not it's a local opinion from mike Samson,

It's about local clubs not once has he stated it's the whole league it's the best players from around the herald area Plymouth and surrounding!

What would be the point of writing about players that people around Plymouth would not know!

Stop getting on your hi horse cause there are no blazey players there!

Alot of those players deserve the credit they are getting some of them achieved good things this season!

Point taken. Maybe it should be called "Plymouth and District Peninsula League stars"

So whats the point of this thread if its only Plymouth based teams - its not swpl stars of the year - whats next Dan from St blazey doing his stars which would be all blazey and "maybe" some St awfull players or me doing mine which are all Withy players and some from cully! :angry:

So whats the point of this thread if its only Plymouth based teams - its not swpl stars of the year - whats next Dan from St blazey doing his stars which would be all blazey and "maybe" some St awfull players or me doing mine which are all Withy players and some from cully! :angry:

It has been taken from the heralds team of the week with players who have been it the most!

If you want to do your own team of the years then do it?

ask your local paper to get on it then u may get your name read In bold writing instead of a forum on here!

Have to agree. How can it be called a Peninsula League Stars Squad of the season if it is only players in the Plymouth catchment area.

Out of that list the only players who would make a REAL SWPL Star squad would be the Torpoint & Parkway players mixed in with Buckland & Bodmin and maybe the odd player from other teams.

The article is from a PLYMOUTH paper and relates to teams in the PLYMOUTH area.

Would have been useful if the first post on this thread had made that clear! :rolleyes:

Does everything need to be spelt out............ :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, when dealing with some of the pedants on here, yes.

The thread looks to have got people thinking about their own SWPL XI and so there's no better time than Steve Massey giving his thoughts on a SWPL XI from throughout both Cornwall and Devon in his "Mutterings" due out on Wednesday (May 25th).

Just to remind everyone, he announced HIS 24-man squad (repeated below) and now with the season completed he's narrowing that down to his preferred XI and it's to be revealed later this week on his "Massey's Mutterings" page.

The squad was made up of 3 Goalkeepers, 7 defenders, 8 midfielders and 6 forwards.

Goalkeepers: Hider (Saltash), Miller (Bodmin) and Piper (Torpoint)

Defenders: Simmonds, Chambers (both Bodmin), Smith (St Blazey), Drew (Buckland), Robinson (Torpoint), Quinn (Penzance) and Nute (Callington)

Midfielders: Booth, Lewis, Revell(S), Revell (M), Gaze (all Buckland), White (Torpoint), Green (Falmouth) and Brooks (Parkway)

Forwards: Lynch (Buckland), Luxton, O'Hagan (both Bodmin), Griffiths (Dartmouth), Sargent and Wright (both Parkway).

That in his opinion was the strongest balanced squad from the League.

The next question though is what team will he select? Check out "Massey's Mutterings" on Wednesday to find out!