Cornwall Football Forum

Undiscovered youth talent !

It has been regognised throughout Cornwall that there are some really exciting prospects amongst our local leagues. The Cornish leagues have produced many top players and we are interested to hear who the next big Cornish star could be. Please post your suggestions and a bit of information about any players that have caught your eye this season.

It has been regognised throughout Cornwall that there are some really exciting prospects amongst our local leagues. The Cornish leagues have produced many top players and we are interested to hear who the next big Cornish star could be. Please post your suggestions and a bit of information about any players that have caught your eye this season.

Ok so I'll get the ball rolling. My fist suggestion is Beau Stevens. I have been fortunate enough this season to have seen this local St Ives lad blossom into a fine young player. He is blessed with natural skill and ability in attack, whilst having a fantastic understanding of the game defensively and is capable of a slide tackle that brings a tear to the eye. He is currently playing at Halestown but is more than capable of making the step up to senior football and is supposedly looking for a move elsewhere.

As we have come to the end of the season i have been traveling around a bit watching several games from the combo . One player that caught my eye was the Ginger lad who plays in goal for St.Ives, i dont think hes there no.1 but my god hes some keeper !! His distribution of the ball is remarkable even rewarding him with assist recently , on top of this his reactions are really good very quick getting down low. However from corners arguably the "Gomez" of the combo as he flaps almost everything from corners which has cost them in their recent games, dispite this hes a top goalie and one to look out for !! Rumor has it The Pillgrims are warming there hands over this star to be .