Cornwall Football Forum

Premiership New Boys QPR Travelling To Kimberley Stadium

Saltash United are delighted to announce that following discussions with Neil Warnock today that Premiership outfit QPR will be bringing a very strong squad to Kimberley Stadium on Monday 25th July 7:30pm kick off.

QPR will be in Devon and Cornwall for an extended weekend playing Truro City on Friday 22nd July before heading up to Saltash to take on The Ashes in the Monday night clash. QPR will then head North on the Wednesday tavelling to Homers Heath Buckland (TBC) to complete their tour on route back home to London.

Neil has great affection for the South West and also confirmed his usual pre-season fixtures with Bodmin Town and Tavistock which is absolutely fantastic for Cornish football and The South West Peninsular League.

It does not end there either as QPR are also sending a Youth Team to Devon and Cornwall to take on St Austell, Liskeard and completing their mini tour at Haye Road, Elburton Villa all of which are to be finalised and confirmed.

It does not end there either as QPR are also sending a Youth Team to Devon and Cornwall to take on St Austell, Liskeard and completing their mini tour at Haye Road, Elburton Villa all of which are to be finalised and confirmed.

vs Elburton Villa - Thursday 28th July I beleive!

Please correct me of I am wrong, it is my understanding that Tavistock, Bodmin and Argyle will be playing the first team before they venture off to Italy and the other matches will involve the reserves and the youth side, which will undoubtebdly have some class players on show.

Dave's posting is spot on in regard to QPR teams playing southwest clubs this pre-season. The reserves however traveling to Truro, Saltash and Buckland has been confirmed as being very strong with a host of 1st team players. Neil confirmed that he needs a very big squad this year to tackle the premier league and will have 25 players minimum at his disposal. The squad travelling to Italy is limited to numbers so the remainder will stay behind to play. The reserves will also include any players coming back late from pre-season, any players with knocks / injuries from the previous weeks fixtures / training and also any trialist that they will be looking to add.