Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL division 2 league cup result

Stithians 3-2 st day reserves h/t 2-0

Congrats to Stithians better side won on the day

Saints weren't really at the races and were three down with 20 mins left scored 2 in 5 and missed a hatful to level it

Hopefully bounce back in the barker bowl vs cury next week!

Stithians 3-2 st day reserves h/t 2-0

Congrats to Stithians better side won on the day

Saints weren't really at the races and were three down with 20 mins left scored 2 in 5 and missed a hatful to level it

Hopefully bounce back in the barker bowl vs cury next week!

Best team performance of the season from Stithians. Knew we had to go from it right from the start against a side as good as St Day. 2-0 up at half time and weathered about 15 corners at the end of the first half which was vital.

Second half went 3-0 ahead, but always knew St Day would come back strong. 2 goals in a minute wasnt in the plans though!!! The St Day battered us but we held out strong for a great end to the season.

Goalscorers - Matt Pellow (2), James Semmens

Stithians MOTM - Treve Bale

Was an excellent game at Wendron last night. Stithians took their first half chances well and thought centre back pairing off Neil Carpenter and Ross Harrison had good games for the winners. St Day were unfortunate not to score in the first-half, having had the majority of the play and a corner count of 13 to Stithians 0.

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/sport/9036476.Stithians_shock_St_Day_to_lift_League_Cup/

Just want to give some more credit to my players who retained the League Cup on Wednesday night.

St Day were unbeaten in 29 games, winning 28 of them, including cup victories against 1st Division Mawnan and Falmouth Albion in the Percy Stephens Cup.

To go 3-0 against them was testament to how well the whole team played. For a couple of minutes there was panic amongst the team when we were pulled back to 3-2 but after that they got back into their stride and defended brilliantly.

Stithians team were:

Mark Trewin

David Kippax

Simon Spear

Ross Harrison

Neil Carpenter

Marc Blackmore (Capt)

Graham Kaye

Treve Bale (MOTM)

Howard Vague

James Semmens (1 goal)

Matthew Pellow (2 goals) subbed 60 mins

Subs

Pete Collins (on 60 mins)

Christian Blundell

Alec Stephens

Josh Preen

Owen Hind

Craig Dooley

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

I wouldn't have said treve was your man of the match shifty

Thought jimbo semmens and blackie played better( but blackie is my cousin so I am a bit biased there)

Here's hoping pendeen can help you out with a draw or win against helston tomorrow!,

Treve was voted MOTM by all the players which is how we've done it all season.

Are you really ready to admit your related to Blackie? ;) (Marcus as hes now known :) )

Hope Pendeen do us a favour!

I wouldn't have said treve was your man of the match shifty

Thought jimbo semmens and blackie played better( but blackie is my cousin so I am a bit biased there)

Here's hoping pendeen can help you out with a draw or win against helston tomorrow!,

Treve was voted MOTM by all the players which is how we've done it all season.

Are you really ready to admit your related to Blackie? ;) (Marcus as hes now known :) )

Hope Pendeen do us a favour!

Yeah saw he had changed his name!

Yeah I'm related to him!

We shall see what happens after tomorrow's result pal!