Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday League teams in St Austell area?

Are there any? Obviously there is the West Cornwall Sunday League down west, but is there a league in this neck of the woods?

I'm secretary of the Cornwall Sunday Football League which covers St Austell & Newquay area. There is currently 1 St Austell based team, Carlyon Arms with several others in outlying towns, Packhorse & St Blazey (St Blazey), Galleon (Fowey), Foxhole, Lostwithiel, Sawles (Roche)& Luxulyan. There's also Blue Anchor (Fraddon) & Quintrell (Newquay). Let me know if you are interested and I can put you onto your nearest club.

• 1 month later...

Thanks bumdingo, that's really helpful. I've played the last 3 seasons in Truro, but now that I'm living in Charlestown I could do with a club a bit closer to home. I suppose it all depends on which clubs are looking for new players - though I suppose most would welcome new players.

If there are any clubs out there reading this then I should mention I'm a centre half (6ft 3ins) and 33 years old - at my peak, experienced or past it?!! lol

Thanks again for your help bumdingo

We are not a Sunday team, however we at St Stephen AFC are looking for new players for both of our Saturday teams,if interested pm me or contact Ian 01726 824910

Thanks Steves, I'd love nothing more than to be able to play on Saturdays, but due to work commitments it's just not possible. Cheers for the offer though and good luck next season!