Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Tuesday 17th May

Falmouth Town Reserves (Jake Harvey 3, Luke Wort 2, Darren Friend) 6-0 St Day

Att - 25

Hayle Reserves (Craig Reynard 2) 2-4 Porthleven Reserves (Neil Southall 2, Nick Perry, Jordan Adlard)

Att - 30

Helston Athletic (Marc Goldsworthy 5, Liam Eddy, Nigel Thwaites) 7-0 Pendeen Rovers

Att - 70

Illogan RBL (Phil Willey 2, Simon Ellis) 3-2 RNAS Culdrose (Danny Brookwell, Jack Valentine)

Att - 33

Newquay Reserves (Sam McKune) 1-2 Perranwell (Dominic Pullen, Barry Leete)

Att - 44

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts, Dave Broglino) 2-0 Mullion

Att - 40

TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

HELSTON ATHLETIC 37 32 2 3 140 36 104 98

ILLOGAN RBL 37 27 6 4 117 25 92 87

PERRANWELL 34 25 5 4 114 31 83 83"

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 35 25 2 8 107 39 68 77

PENDEEN ROVERS 36 24 4 8 136 50 86 76

ST JUST 37 23 7 7 104 56 48 76

ST AGNES 35 22 4 9 109 47 62 70

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 38 21 6 11 131 60 71 69

RNAS CULDROSE 35 15 5 15 84 77 7 50

WENDRON UNITED 37 15 3 19 81 105 -24 48

TROON 37 14 5 18 72 85 -13 47

ST IVES TOWN 37 14 0 23 67 86 -19 42

MULLION 36 11 6 19 78 98 -20 39

ST DAY 37 11 5 21 68 104 -36 38

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 37 11 7 19 67 103 -36 37°

NEWQUAY RESERVES 37 9 5 23 57 89 -32 32

HAYLE RESERVES 34 9 5 20 51 92 -41 31*

PENZANCE RESERVES 38 8 3 27 39 123 -84 27

HOLMAN SC 38 7 2 28 53 122 -69 24

LUDGVAN 38 0 2 36 18 267 -249 2

I must say watched the illogan game and that ref was an absolute joke, ruined what potentially could of been a good game! Instead was a very scrappy battle, What a bloody shame as I thought the standard was better than most years but he is well out of his league at this level!!!

Newquay 1-2 Perranwell

Newquay goalscorer - Sam McKune.

Ref was poor for both sides and cost Newquay a deserved point by sending off a player for no reason whatsoever. Even the P'well secretary could not understand what the ref was doing. Great game other than the ref, both sides playing attractive football.

Penryn 2 - 0 Mullion

A deserved win for penryn on a very hard surface tonight. Mullion defended well but had nothing to show for the hard work at the end of the game. Penryn passed the ball well throughout on a slick surface once the drizzle fell.

Mullion started brighter, with Keith Jacka working well down the right linking with Sean Haskell-Mills and Rob Carey to attempt a cross into the box that was blocked by a Penryn defender who was adjudged to handle the ball. Tom Hendy stepped up but the keeper chose the correct side to palm the ball to safety. Mullion had a couple of chances with Carey and Jacka both looking dangerous. As the first half went on Penryn looked more and more dangerous and the passing moves started to flow, however they were only really restricted to half chances.

The second half started in a fairly similar way to how the first ended, Penryn enjoying the possesion however not creating too much. as the second half grew on Penryn looked more likely to score, Mullion not creating too much. Penryn played some neat football down the right and worked their way into the box and squared a ball into the middle of the area which was directed into the net by Graham Cook, who had no option but to get a foot to the ball.

Dave Toy did his best to better Cooks effort with a sliced clearance being tipped over his own bar by stand in keeper Darren Meagor. Penryn stretched their lead with 10 minutes to go when Daniel Higgins was pickpocketed by the Penryn attack who broke away to fire the ball past the keeper. There were a couple of half chances for Penryn in the final minutes but nothing of note.

I thought the referee had a fairly good game, tried to play the advantage where possible, and enjoyed a joke with the players.

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES

GOAL SCORERS

2010-11

NAME LEAGUE CUP TOTAL

NICK PERRY 14 1 15

NEIL SOUTHALL 14 14

STEVE WILLIAMS 4 4 8

DAN GREET 4 2 6

KYLE FRAZER 3 3

MATT HAYWARD 3 3

TOM LAKE 3 3

ALEX SHARKEY 3 3

OG 3 3

HARRY BARDSLEY 2 2

LUKE HUNTER 2 2

KEITH JACKA 2 2

JORDAN ADLARD 1 1

JORDAN ALLEN 1 1

JAMES BROOKS 1 1

MATT FOX 1 1

SAM PASCOE 1 1

GARY RICHARDS 1 1

DARREN ROBERTSON 1 1

STUART ROBINSON 1 1

JOWAN SHAINBERG 1 1

ALAN THOMAS 1 1

FREDDIE WILLIAMS 1 1

RYAN WILLIAMS 1 1

TOTAL 65 9 74

Top Goal scorers

NAME CLUB LEAGUE CUP TOTAL

MARK GOLDSWORTHY HELSTON ATHLETIC 48 6 54

DOMINIC PULLEN PERRANWELL 47 7 54

One of Pullens was a penalty in the cup final. I count them but the league may not!

Pretty sure the league don't count penalties scored in a shoot out.

Goldy is now on 54 goals this season for the club including senior cup. 1 more goal and he beats the club scoring record set by Dom Pullen (54).

And to be fair Helston were already 3-0 when the keeper walked...

Breas, that does not include Senior Cup, so with his hat-trick v Illogan he is now on 57

Remember my list is a private one and I include all league goals scored plus those in the League and Supplementary Cups. In that total are penalties scored in penalty shoot-outs.

I do not include goals scored in the Charity, Junior, Senior or Evely Cups. The reason being, if I include these cups it is unfair to the players of teams who cannot enter them, i.e. the Reserve sides in the League.

Anyone fill in last nights missing details as I have to get the site done a.s.a.p. as the games are coming thick and fast.

Newquay 1-2 Perranwell

Newquay goalscorer - Sam McKune.

Ref was poor for both sides and cost Newquay a deserved point by sending off a player for no reason whatsoever. Even the P'well secretary could not understand what the ref was doing. Great game other than the ref, both sides playing attractive football.

Must agree with Nemisis,both teams played attractive football and there was not a bad tackle in the game ,However this was with out doubt the worst case of officiating I have have seen all season,had an assessor been at the game he would have had a field day trying to understand the decisions of this offical.

Under no circumstances should the young Newquay winger have been sent off,even the Perranwell players I spoke to after the game said it was an unbelievable decision.

Well Bazzer, i have some good news for you in fact there was an assessor at the game, he was not assessing but just happened to be at the game and in speaking to him after the game he informed me of the circumstances and the referee`s decision to dismiss the Newquay player was correct. I hope that helps.

Well Bazzer, i have some good news for you in fact there was an assessor at the game, he was not assessing but just happened to be at the game and in speaking to him after the game he informed me of the circumstances and the referee`s decision to dismiss the Newquay player was correct. I hope that helps.

Could you explain to everyone why the decision was correct? I as a Perranwell player was very surprised by the decision to give a foul let alone the yellow and then the subsequent 2nd yellow. The young lad definitely didn't swear at the referee and i think thats why everyone at the game was so confused?

Thanks for confirming the events CJM221 you are quite correct in your comments,B Manning if the assessor spoke to you perhaps you can enlighten us as to why the lad was sent off,as the referee refused to speak to the Newquay manager who asked him why his player was dismissed.

Bazzer I cannot comment on what is a disciplinary matter but in regard to the Newquay manager I was in earshot of that conversation and the referee did not refuse to speak to the manager, he started to explain what had happened but all the manager did was to put his point to the ref and did not allow the ref to explain, so your comment was incorrect.

B manning i was right by the door for the changing rooms last night, the ref didnt want to exlain himself to the manager or to the lads dad who was sent off. even the perranwell player said it wasnt even a foul nor a yellow card, it was a great game last night between 2 good sides which was spoilt by the ref, there wasnt a bad tackle in the game, all the players in the club afterwards that got booked wasnt even sure why they were booked, they all said they asked the ref a question and then he booked them, RESPECT BOTH WAYS I THINK. Even has a surporter talking to others couldnt understand most of his desission, This is the same ref i saw at the west country cup for KIDS He used his cards like they were going out of fashion and sending offs, never seen anything like it, i am guessing now B manning u were the the linesman last night ?????? u cant allways stick up for the refs espeically if there wrong, so one sided your not real

RNAS Culdrose scorers were Danny Brookwell and Jack Valentine. Two key decisions for Penalties, one in each half both wrong in my eyes but thats the way it goes. We lost Mac Mcbeath with a head injury which needed stitches with ten minutes to go which left us without height at the back which resulted in their winner from a set piece.

I was furious last night at the first penalty decision, probably the softest I have ever seen and after twenty years down here and as I stated last night still feel that as a 'foreign' team in a local league we do not get the rub of the green or decisions at times. That is not a dig at Cornish football by any means but just the way things naturally are.

Biggest disappointment for me was the nature of the lads in the mini-stand homophobically heckling our players . I think they need to understand what RBL stands for after their team name? and that some of our boys out on the pitch will have already witnessed things in life that none of those idiots hopefully will ever have to. Makes you wish they would bring back National Service! not the friendliest branch of the Royal British Legion we have ever visited?

Never usually air anything negative on here and will probably get a slating for doing so. We all give and take banter but no we are not Faggots, Beefers, nor indeed need extra vaseline? and good job we are not, as if there had been a homosexual in the side then the impact of this "banter" would have been ten times worse!!!

Well Cornish Chough that just show how wrong you can be, for a "FACT" the boys father and the manager approached the ref while he was still on the pitch and NOT as you say by the door to the changing room, the boys father asked the question and was given the explanation FACT, He and the ref were both sensible in their conversation, the conversation with the manager may well have continued by the door but as it was a onesided conversation with the manager not willing to listen to the ref then how could he explain what had happened. Yes I was the club assistant for Perranwell and you may have noticed that I was by the side of the referee as we walked off the pitch so I feel quite well placed to offer my views on what happened and what was said.

Sounds like its one persons word against another BM. .

I think the Newquay player has a valid case for appealing the sending off,and I was talking to a Perranwell official who said they would back the Newquay player if he appealed.

The sending off fine is a lot of money to a lad still at school,I don,t know the referee,s name but lets hope he reconsiders his decision and does the right thing by the lad.

What on earth are you talking about Bazzer, to my mind he has no case for an appeal and how on earth can a Perranwell official back him when all Perranwell officials were at least 60yds away and in no position to hear what was said and the only right thing is to send the reports in to the CCFA. As for being Perranwells assistant I was asked to help out as their normal assistant was unavailable, it was not a league appointmant.

B manning the manager never had the chance to ask the question to the ref, like when he was reffing the game he would not speak to them just show them a yellow card, U JUST COULDNT SPEAK TO HIM BEFORE AND AFTERWARDS, the lads dad was stood right beside the changing rooms door bye the way, u were the linesman was there a bad tackle in the game??? did the ref spoil the good game with unnecessary booking??? even the perranwell players and committe said he spoilt a good game!!! your answer to that is......

Blooming heck Cornish Chough do you not read my posts, I WAS stood next to the referee when the boys father asked and received the explanation I was also alongside the ref when the manager asked for an explanation but as per earlier posts of mine he only wanted to give his views and not listen to the ref. Also no he did not spoil the game with unnecessary bookings, if players do not know when to keep their thoughts to themselves we have no chance, the first two bookings were for dissent the third was for unsporting conduct followed by a second yellow for dissent which is then a red card for two cautions. Now in my book at least three of those cautions were avoidable by the players themselves.

His answer will be that the ref can do no wrong.

Same shit, different day.

Refs can be wrong, and no doubt are wrong sometimes. But to come on here and keep slatting refs isn't on. You can be cautioned for other offences other the a bad tackle, take for example :- persistently infinges the laws of the game, or shows dissent by words or action, both these may not be heard/seen by supporters but warrent a card.

As for the same s**t different day........... you summed that up about some of the supporters that come on here to do nothing but bitch about refs. Its about time they changed their tune and maybe instead of insisting the refs are wrong why dont they accept that maybe the player/s did something wrong and thats why they got a card.

Just because, of course referee`s can do wrong, but I would not post on here any thoughts of mine in that context, all I am trying to say is that most of these postings bear no resemblance to what happened and the referee was correct in his application of LOAF. If you are unable to live with that fact then I cannot help.

Just because, of course referee`s can do wrong, but I would not post on here any thoughts of mine in that context, all I am trying to say is that most of these postings bear no resemblance to what happened and the referee was correct in his application of LOAF. If you are unable to live with that fact then I cannot help.

From where i was standing (around 80 yards away) i thought the 1st booking was a little harsh for the lad but

what he said to the ref after maybe he and the ref will ever know!!

They should take a look at rugby......... no one disputes the decision as we all know what will happen. :SM_carton_y::SM_carton: :c:

Your wrong b manning these boys were not even told what they done wrong, how u know is beyond me, its about time the refs came on here and admit they cocked up. this is my first post talking about refs actually, your post has pointed out by the comment before by someone u are so one sideded, YOUR POST'S AND COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS THE SAME MANNING, u cant defend that display of reffing last night was everyone who was watching and playing wrong??? and why would perranwell players and commitee say this?? this time u kight answer both question, and i was beside u when the manager tried speaking to the ref FACT

Cornish Chough, you accuse me of being onesided please please look at all my posts on this forum, I have never never never critised any player, manager, supporter and yes even referee`s so how can you say I am onesided. I try and treat every post with objectivity and will only ever speak the truth. Also if you were beside me when the manager tried to speak to the ref you know that he would not stop speaking long enough for the ref to get a word in. I take it you now also agree that the players father was given an explanation. On another point I am seeing the Perranwell officials tomorrow night and will ask who is willing to back the player in an appeal, but as I expect the post which stated that is untrue I will let you know, i cannot say fairer than that.

scooby im not sure where your coming from, i played in the game and didnt here any of those above comments. Yes, there was a bit of banter between fans but thats football. The ref spoiled the game simple, one of the worst yet!! good luck and we will see you next year!

WHEN WILL PLAYERS LEARN? PROBERLY NEVER FOR SOME OF THEM.

Some of you come on here constantly slagging off refs and then wonder why you 'get nothing' the next time you have the same ref.

I wasn't at either the Illogan or Newquay games so can't personally comment, but having spoken to someone today who watches Illogan regularly and watched last night, he reckoned some of the players from both sides got of lightly with some of the 'verbals'. Apparently since Roscoe left, Illogan's discipline has gone downhill.