Cornwall Football Forum

EARLY TRANSFER NEWS, IS THERE ANY?

Cant Keep Up it is all about the money £££££££!

Lol for some msybe, personally i would rather play in a higher league than earn an extra tenner!

i was playin pool wiv lee whetter last nite n he sed hed play duchy 5 4 an extra £10,think gary p needs 2 have a father-son talk wiv him again but this time leave out the ur 2 fat part lol

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News coming out of AFC St Austell.

Players names being bounded about.

Oliver Brokenshire

Gavin Coulton

Mamsy Sabo

Chris Reski

Nick Campbell

Tom Chambers

Adam Carter

Josh Grant

Mark Gusterson

Shaun Middleton

Amazing to think from a supporters point of view that these are all realistic targets now, just shows how far the club has come, with the floodlights, excellent playing surface, new facilities and best supported club in Cornwall. This really is the club to be joining. I for one am really looking forward to the new season and wish the new management duo of Andrew Parr and Gary Penhaligon with Director of football Phil Lafferty every success.

Congratulations to all at St Austell who have made the club what it is today, I know with your ambitious committee and sponsors you will achieve great things in the coming years.

for 1 josh grant is going 2 the u.s on a football scholorship so ur wrong there

2 gav coulton wont ever leave hendy

3 chambers, brokenshire wont go 2 a side they just beat in cup wud they

4 rumor has it carter is going pway

5 mamsy going truro 2nds

6 middleton and gusterson will stay where they are

7 only 1 likely 2 cum wud be reski and nick.2 out of 10 aint bad

News coming out of AFC St Austell.

Players names being bounded about.

Oliver Brokenshire

Gavin Coulton

Mamsy Sabo

Chris Reski

Nick Campbell

Tom Chambers

Adam Carter

Josh Grant

Mark Gusterson

Shaun Middleton

Amazing to think from a supporters point of view that these are all realistic targets now, just shows how far the club has come, with the floodlights, excellent playing surface, new facilities and best supported club in Cornwall. This really is the club to be joining. I for one am really looking forward to the new season and wish the new management duo of Andrew Parr and Gary Penhaligon with Director of football Phil Lafferty every success.

Congratulations to all at St Austell who have made the club what it is today, I know with your ambitious committee and sponsors you will achieve great things in the coming years.

for 1 josh grant is going 2 the u.s on a football scholorship so ur wrong there

2 gav coulton wont ever leave hendy

3 chambers, brokenshire wont go 2 a side they just beat in cup wud they

4 rumor has it carter is going pway

5 mamsy going truro 2nds

6 middleton and gusterson will stay where they are

7 only 1 likely 2 cum wud be reski and nick.2 out of 10 aint bad

We will see !!!!!

Torpoint are losing there 3 best players and spine of the team !

Adam carter : bodmin or saltash

Billy allen : liskeard or st blazey

Shane white. : falmouth or saltash

Funniest thing ive heard in ages,billy allen in the top 3 best players at torpoint

tell u wat is funny GUY POWNEY is that ur prob worst player for the 2nds and defo cost them the league

Torpoint are losing there 3 best players and spine of the team !

Adam carter : bodmin or saltash

Billy allen : liskeard or st blazey

Shane white. : falmouth or saltash

Funniest thing ive heard in ages,billy allen in the top 3 best players at torpoint

tell u wat is funny GUY POWNEY is that ur prob worst player for the 2nds and defo cost them the league

Im not powney fester,just a fan that watches all the home games at the mill

When does the transfer window open again? Is it the 1st of June?

Only rumours I have heard are,

Hooper to manage Newquay

Reski to Newquay

Body to Newquay

Carter to Parkway

Hobbs to Tavistock

This post assumes 1 manager and 2 players will be making a move DOWN a division to a lower standard of footbal. Cant see any point in good players like Reski and Body making a step downwards, ambition ?

Dave the rave,

Maybe they will sign because of the new manager and the fact that Newquay are a big club with ambition.

They are also bigger than st blazey and st austell and have more fans!

Newquay - 9th Division 1 west, average attendance 104.2

St.Austell - 10th Premier division, average attendance 144.10

Bigger club and has more fans....? :wacko:

Dave the rave,

Maybe they will sign because of the new manager and the fact that Newquay are a big club with ambition.

They are also bigger than st blazey and st austell and have more fans!

Newquay - 9th Division 1 west, average attendance 104.2

St.Austell - 10th Premier division, average attendance 144.10

Bigger club and has more fans....? :wacko:

They could drop down, get paid handsomely, get back up via promotion and end up where they started 12 months earlier but with more money and medals.

You have to ask who is the most likely to challenge for the title if Newquay were in the same league at St Blazey and St Austell?

But even if they won the league, would they take promotion? Clubs with genuine ambition will take promotion every time, just look at Truro City. The Premier Division is the glass ceiling for down here and is the highest the players will go. If they really had ambition they would've moved up country to further their footballing career: more clubs, more opportunities but more competition with higher standards.

Is there any news relating to possible comings and goings at Saltash United?

Also the rumours relating to Stuart Dudley coming to Saltash seem to have gone very quiet. As Stuart is a contributer to this website, I am sure he would confirmed it on here if he was in fact joining Saltash United. As he has not made any comment, I guess he is not giving any credence to the rumour.

Hi eggs trev street here again sorry I have been away for a while doing the mrs you know how it is egg heads..now back to transfer rumours I here that Wayne baggot has lost out on there primary target Darren feale who has strangely enough gone to the darts for good money and a free sticker book also I think manager Stuart hendy has managed to get signing of the season by bringing in Roger bonapart for ten pound and half a twix,remarkable!!!any way come on you darts let's chase Europe ! Over and put trev 'ink arms' street

I just heard that torpoints warren dawe and shane white have signed for saltash

to my knowledge shane hasn't signed for anybody yet,

he has given hendy his word he will sign as he does not want 2 play under new manager scott bamford also carter is going either parkway or bodmin

he has given hendy his word he will sign as he does not want 2 play under new manager scott bamford also carter is going either parkway or bodmin

i can assure you it has nothing to do with scott bamford

do u wish 2 elaborate? does this mean he will follow stu dudley?

THADDEUS Cox,

Why do you people go on by saying look at Truro City, You know as well as I do other clubs in the County would do the same as Truro City IF THEY HAD THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY backing them,

you cannot really compare Truro City with the other clubs in the County,

Because of the financial backing they have, they are out on their own,

I am sure that the rest of the County's Football clubs would love to have the Financial backing that Truro have,

So please do not try to compare them against the other clubs in the County,

Hammers :c::angry2::c: :c:

THADDEUS Cox,

Why do you people go on by saying look at Truro City, You know as well as I do other clubs in the County would do the same as Truro City IF THEY HAD THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY backing them,

I am sure that the rest of the County's Football clubs would love to have the Financial backing that Truro have,

Fair point Hammers, I would to think that you are right and if teams had the sort of financial backing that Truro City has, then they would take promotion and progress up the leagues. I'm just a little disillusioned that so many teams stay where they are within the league system and personally feel that regular promotions and relegations freshen up the leagues.

I'm aware that some teams cannot progress due to lack of facilities, but it would be nice to think that they are ambitious enough to use what money they win to improve their facilities so that they can take promotion next time they have the opportunity to do so.

do u wish 2 elaborate? does this mean he will follow stu dudley?

just pointing out that it has nothing to do with scott bamford as suggested in the post nor has he actually signed for anyone yet

THADDEUS Cox,

Fair point Hammers, I would to think that you are right and if teams had the sort of financial backing that Truro City has, then they would take promotion and progress up the leagues. I'm just a little disillusioned that so many teams stay where they are within the league system and personally feel that regular promotions and relegations freshen up the leagues.

I'm aware that some teams cannot progress due to lack of facilities, but it would be nice to think that they are ambitious enough to use what money they win to improve their facilities so that they can take promotion next time they have the opportunity to do so.

Well said Thaddeus mirrors my views exactly.Camelford won the SWPL west comfortably last season with no budget whatsoever, so it can be done, ambitious now to push on in the Premier still without a budget but are under no illusions about the task ahead.Of course if a budget became available it would make life a lot easier. One thing is certain if they could win the league one day they would push on to the next level and show some of these more "fashionable" clubs who pay big bucks just to stay where they are how it should be done.

Hoppit

Totally agree with you with regards NO budget winning the west Div, you will probably find that most clubs in the west don't pay players, However, I would say, you need money in the premier Div, I personally and my opinion believe the Premier is a very good standard, be interesting to see how well Camelford do this season.

Good luck and well done for winning the west

Hoppit

Totally agree with you with regards NO budget winning the west Div, you will probably find that most clubs in the west don't pay players, However, I would say, you need money in the premier Div, I personally and my opinion believe the Premier is a very good standard, be interesting to see how well Camelford do this season.

Good luck and well done for winning the west

Thanks Becks, I read somewhere on this forum that Newquay were going to pay big bucks to draw players from SWPL to gain promotion from the the West Division. Why? Just say that a team wins the West Division or East, then wins the SWPL, what then? Push onto level 5? I doubt it. That hasn't happened since the days of Falmouth, Saltash and Liskaerd in the 70's and 80's. Total lack of ambition in my book. This stagnates level 6 and 7 in Devon and Cornwall.

With regards to Camelford, under no illusions about the task ahead. If they can hold their own this season then it will be a success. I reckon they will put the wind up a few. Would love a budget to push on up the pyramid system but this is not realistic in North Cornwall.Not a lot of industry so not much sponsorship. But if there was a budget look out level 5 here come the Camels.

Agree mate, why spend, have a budget and win the league and not get promoted!

Bigger fools them I say!

Newquay would definitely take promotion!

Just to re-confirm, there is NO MONEY at Newquay... YET ! Players coming to Mount Wise will be aware of the zero budget that the club will start the season with, if sponsors or other commercial ventures bring money in, then petrol expenses will be paid. Under no circumstances, will over inflated wages that are paid by certain other clubs be made to Newquay players. The days of big money at Newquay are long gone, no one at Mount Wise will allow the club to go into debt for the sake of players wages.

The aim of Newquay AFC is to provide football for the whole town from ages 6 and upwards, the SWPL side will obviously be looking for promotion, that is no different to any other season. Players will be attracted to Mount Wise to play for Hooper & Mewton, probably the best management team in Cornwall today.

THADDEUS Cox,

In your last post you said about players moving up country to further their football career, why on earth would someone who is playing the level they play down here for £50 a game, move up country, even if it was for £200 a game?

If Mr Heaney had put the same money into, Newquay, Falmouth, St Blazey, Saltash or anyone else that were playing SWL football, they would be exactly the same position Truro are in now. Other clubs facilities were far better than Truro's were at the start of the campaign!

Take your club Porthleven for example, if they finished top of JSWL (or whatever it is called now) without anyone chucking money in, do you think they should move up to the Premier Division where the travelling is so much more, officials are more as you have to have 3. The club wouldn't survive. Clubs need to be realistic down here

I think you will find Adam Carter going to Bodmin town has nothing to do with money but the

fact he want's to win trophies..

dont doubt that, but whilst no trophies at torpoint last season 1/4 finals of vase wasn't bad

and there wasnt much between the two sides in the five games played.

it will be interesting to see how he does with bodmin

I think you will find Adam Carter going to Bodmin town has nothing to do with money but the

fact he want's to win trophies..

dont doubt that, but whilst no trophies at torpoint last season 1/4 finals of vase wasn't bad

and there wasnt much between the two sides in the five games played.

it will be interesting to see how he does with bodmin

tell u wat wud be interesting is wonder if adam and ur shane will last a season without going crawling bk 2 torpoint?

i've heard stuart dudleys going saltash and doing it wiv kev hendy trying to take 6 of torpoints current squad. shane white going 2 either falmouth or bodmin. parkway 2 sign gav coulton or tempt danny lewis from champs buckland. finally liskeard will sign a few big name players and be a real force once again. u heard it here 1st

SPOOF HERE I THINK!

Why would Stuart Dudley leave Torpoint? Don't think so

Gav Coulton and Danny Lewis to Parkway? Don't think so.

You could be right with Liskeard, have heard they have a reasonable budget.

this is very true!!!!

i've heard stuart dudleys going saltash and doing it wiv kev hendy trying to take 6 of torpoints current squad. shane white going 2 either falmouth or bodmin. parkway 2 sign gav coulton or tempt danny lewis from champs buckland. finally liskeard will sign a few big name players and be a real force once again. u heard it here 1st

SPOOF HERE I THINK!

this is very true!!!!

I too have heard a rumour that Stuart Dudley IS linking up with Kevin Hendy at Saltash United.

Gavin Coulton and Danny Lewis to Parkway, no chance at all.

SPOOF HERE I THINK!

this is very true!!!!

I too have heard a rumour that Stuart Dudley IS linking up with Kevin Hendy at Saltash United.

Gavin Coulton and Danny Lewis to Parkway, no chance at all.

yeah u heard it from me!!! gav will stay at saltash and danny is in talks bout coming home 2 saltash now that phil harvey has left but he is also thinking of going tivy as he doesnt think the bucks will be as strong as a few players have either left or retired.