Cornwall Football Forum

The Merging Of The Leagues

i think this will all depend on how many teams there are overall.

the original idea was based on 6 leaguesx16 =96 teams but! at present both leagues are short of teams.

what we do not want is the lowest league having only a few teams left.

i believe nothing is set in stone until both leagues have had their last agm then the new league committee will have a better idea as some teams always drop out but? how many will apply.

at least this summer we will have something to talk about in local football :thumbsup:

I wish this matter would get cleared up as I have been told top 8.

Do not quote me on this, but from discussions with League Officials at recent cup finals the following will be happening;

1. Promotions and relegations will take place as per normal.

2. New team applications have been recieved (entry at bottom league level) along with withdrawls so will be actioned.

3. Top SEVEN from F&H 1 plus Mining 1 will form the first league.

4. Bottom SEVEN from F&H 1 plus Mining 1 will form the second league.

5. This will then follow on through and it is the intention to have SEVEN LEAGUES of FOURTEEN CLUBS.

As I stated this is what I have been told and will be resolved fully at the close of the season and before anyone comments - Yes I know leagues are currently un-even!

Hope this helps......

If the 2 leagues are doing promotions and relagations first am I right in thinking that at the start of a season your division standing is alphabetical when every team is on zero points?

Yes, but the allocation of leagues will be based on (as far as I am aware) a position basis that will be based on this seasons results.

For example;

Mining 1

1. Illogan

2. St Buryan

3. TMS

etc

to 45 St Ives Mariners

Falmouth & Helston 1

1. Falmouth Athletic (Pending JCCL)

2. Falmouth Albion

3. St Agnes (As it stands today)

etc

to 45 Troon Reserves

Total 90 teams at present (45 Mining and 45 F&H). Leagues of 14 will mean 6.42 Divisions with the requirment of 9 new teams to apply to fulfil the 7 Division requirement.

If this is the process followed (only my opinion based on discussions), the new top league will be as follows;

Illogan Res

St Buryan

Threemilestone

Goonhavern Athletic

Gwinear Churchtown

Gulval

Robartes Arms

Falmouth Athletic DC (Depending on JCCL)

Falmouth Albion

St Agnes

Mawnan

Penryn Athletic

Mousehole

Carharrack

If this does happen, will certainly be a good league.

All in my own opinion....!!!

Here's a question, with the merging of the two leagues, is there any rule/law preventing the div 1 winners from applying to join the peninsula league west and avoid the combo league, providing there ground is up to peninsula standard?

The Mining Division and Falmouth-Helston Leagues are not Feeder Leagues into the Peninsula and so there's no way one will be able to avoid going up through the CCL.

The CCL will still be a higher standard than the new merged Trelawney

I wish this matter would get cleared up as I have been told top 8.

Do not quote me on this, but from discussions with League Officials at recent cup finals the following will be happening;

1. Promotions and relegations will take place as per normal.

2. New team applications have been recieved (entry at bottom league level) along with withdrawls so will be actioned.

3. Top SEVEN from F&H 1 plus Mining 1 will form the first league.

4. Bottom SEVEN from F&H 1 plus Mining 1 will form the second league.

5. This will then follow on through and it is the intention to have SEVEN LEAGUES of FOURTEEN CLUBS.

As I stated this is what I have been told and will be resolved fully at the close of the season and before anyone comments - Yes I know leagues are currently un-even!

Hope this helps......

So following this logic

- Hayle 4ths are in the division above Hayle 3rds

- Wendron 3rds and 4ths will be in the same division

Re: Wendron - As both 3rd and 4ths s came in the top half of their respective divisions they would both be in either the second or third bottom division. Solution - just put one of them down a Division!!

That's what they'd do, I was presuming that they would end up in the bottom division from what was in the earlier post!

Re: Wendron - As both 3rd and 4ths s came in the top half of their respective divisions they would both be in either the second or third bottom division. Solution - just put one of them down a Division!!

That's what they'd do, I was presuming that they would end up in the bottom division from what was in the earlier post!

Wendron 3rds and 4th finished in the top half of the Div 3 Mining & Fal/Hel but outside promotion positions. On paper they would both be in the second bottom division, although one team will be put in the bottom division.

Hayle 3rds finished bottom half of Fal/Hel 3 so are due to be put in the bottom division. Hayle 4ths would have been promoted to Mining 2, which puts them in the third from bottom division!

the wendron situation happened was it last year or the year before? and they transfered across to the mining league because the 3rds were relegated to div.3 so this is not a new situation,what they would have to do is join the duchy league.but this would mean a lot of travelling.

sorry just using wendron as an example :thumbsup: this problem was brought up when the idea was first mooted.