Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me the info on 07597907549

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Tuesday 10th May

Falmouth Town Reserves (Sam Bromley 2, Luke Wort, Darren Friend, Daniel Knowles) 5-2 Mullion (Joe Lugg, Rob Carey)

Att - 20

Illogan RBL (Jeb Martin, Aaron Clark) 2-0 St Just

Att - 39

Pendeen Rovers (Jack Ramsay 5, Wade Brown 3, Ashley Thomas 3, Tom Ramsay 2, Josh Mooney 2, Andy House, Andy Annis, Duncan Clemmens, Luke May) 19-0 Ludgvan

Att - 40

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Matthew Potts 2, Jason Roberts 2, Dave Broglino, Ross Symons) 6-0 Holman SC

Att - 30

Penzance Reserves 0-11 Helston Athletic (Liam Eddy 4, Mark Goldsworthy 4, Dan Stidwell, Jason Robertson, Mikie Davies)

Att - 61

Perranwell 0-1 St Agnes (Thadeus Vingeo)

Att - 38

RNAS Culdrose (Danny Brookwell 2, Chris Reed, Kieran Lovett, Martin Mcbeath, Baz Williamson) 6-0 St Day

Att - 7

St Ives Town (Jake Cook, Tom Morris, Scott Goodchild, Ross Duncan) 4-3 Newquay Reserves (Dom Roberts, Chris Julian, Dom Colquhoun)

Att - 25

Wendron United 0-7 Hayle Reserves (Matt McIlroy 3, Matty Roberts 3, Christian Letts)

Att - 25

TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

HELSTON ATHLETIC 35 31 2 2 132 32 100 95

ILLOGAN RBL 34 24 6 4 103 23 80 78

PERRANWELL 32 23 5 4 111 30 81 77"

ST JUST 36 23 7 6 103 53 50 76

PENDEEN ROVERS 34 23 4 7 127 43 84 73

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 33 23 2 8 101 38 63 71

ST AGNES 34 22 4 8 109 46 63 70

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 37 20 6 11 125 60 65 66

RNAS CULDROSE 34 15 5 14 82 74 8 50

WENDRON UNITED 36 15 3 18 81 96 -15 48

TROON 36 14 5 17 72 82 -10 47

ST IVES TOWN 36 14 0 22 66 83 -17 42

MULLION 34 11 6 17 77 93 -16 39

ST DAY 35 11 5 19 68 90 -22 38

NEWQUAY RESERVES 36 9 5 22 56 87 -31 32

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 35 9 7 19 59 101 -42 31°

HAYLE RESERVES 32 8 5 19 46 87 -41 28*

PENZANCE RESERVES 37 7 3 27 36 122 -86 24

HOLMAN SC 37 6 2 28 50 121 -71 20

LUDGVAN 37 0 2 35 18 263 -245 2

Fair play to Ludgvan for keeping going but this is a joke for SENIOR football.Does it show to many teams from one area is no good to any league? Take Ludgvan+Pz reserves,not to good,St.Just+Pendeen doing well,to few players for to many teams. :angry2: :ninja:

pendeen goal scorers, jack ramsay 5, wade brown 3, ash thomas 3, tom ramsay 2, josh mooney 2, andy house 1, andy annis 1, duncan clemmens 1, luke may 1. att around 35. could of been a lot more, but fair play to ludgvan they kept going till the last minute. the young ref tonight was excellent.

Culdrose play well tonight but we had a horrible St day side out. 3of our players were over 45 and 1 was 56! We were that short.culdrose played some nice stuff and a good group of lads except Chris o'hare who was a complete ***** on the on the pitch! Moaned all night long about challenges made on him and deserved his booking.off the pitch after the game he turned out to be an ok guy. Well reffed by Nigel nicholls who said he was thinking of retiring!!

And ludgvan losing 19-0 2weeks on the trot is just wrong.lol

Penzance well beaten tonight even though it didn't feel like we played badly. We couldn't cope with Liam Eddy and Mark Goldsworthy.

Both had 4 apeice with others from Dan Stidwell, Jason Robertson and Mikie Davies. Half the goals were screamers that most keepers wouldn't have got Too.

Can I offer my congratulations to all at Helston FC from all of us at Penzance FC. Good luck in the SWPL.

Surprise result for aggie

Well we had a few chances early on but if one went in who knows!! but credit to Aggie

they had a few good youngsters who played with no fear , hard to watch us huff and puff

but the paper would not fall down!!

We need to take a look at ourselves!! you don't have to just turn up to win...........

Teddy Boy I think the table needs updating as games played does not include the Peranwell v Porthleven game when Port could not raise a side. Perranwell played 33 and Port now 36

I know where you're coming from Nugget, but technically the game wasn't played, and so it will never go down in the history of the league's stats as that. The points have been adjusted, but this season Perranwell and Porthleven will only appear as having played 37!

Teddy Boy I think the table needs updating as games played does not include the Peranwell v Porthleven game when Port could not raise a side. Perranwell played 33 and Port now 36

I know where you're coming from Nugget, but technically the game wasn't played, and so it will never go down in the history of the league's stats as that. The points have been adjusted, but this season Perranwell and Porthleven will only appear as having played 37!

Correct Dave.

Nugget below is the official table for season 2008-09 when another game was called off.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/Table%202008-09.htm

Or the official table for 2006-07 when Truro City's record was expunged for not playing a couple of games.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/EXTRA%20Table%202006-07.htm

Congratulations to Helston, they have proved worthy winners this season.

Kempy -- We had to make seven changes last night against Wendron due to fatigue of playing 120mins on Sunday. All four subs played from the weekend including three others who were not available for the supp cup semi.

Penzance well beaten tonight even though it didn't feel like we played badly. We couldn't cope with Liam Eddy and Mark Goldsworthy.

Both had 4 apeice with others from Dan Stidwell, Jason Robertson and Mikie Davies. Half the goals were screamers that most keepers wouldn't have got Too.

Can I offer my congratulations to all at Helston FC from all of us at Penzance FC. Good luck in the SWPL.

Got to agree CTB - if that penzance side stick together then in 18 months time they will a very decent side - passed the ball well but just lacked a bit of muscle etc. Dont think anybody would have stopped Helston in attack and as you say some of the goals were just stunning.

Mr T on your above posting you said about too many teams from one area and not enough players are you forgetting that Pendeen were not combo last year and Ludgvan were still one of the whipping boys???????

I just believe that if you have to many teams from one area that one or two teams will have all the pulling power,the others then suffer,don't forget Marazion were once there. :rolleyes:

Congratulations to Helston, they have proved worthy winners this season.

Kempy -- We had to make seven changes last night against Wendron due to fatigue of playing 120mins on Sunday. All four subs played from the weekend including three others who were not available for the supp cup semi.

St Agnes played as well Reno!!! 2 injuries from the side that played against Hayle on Sunday, beat Perranwell 1-0!! you need to work on the fitness of your lads :clapper: :clapper:

Wendron 0 - Hayle 7 (Matt McIlroy 3 Matty Roberts 3 Christian Lett ) att 25

Which Hayle team was that then??

a mixture of 1st and 2nd team players.all combo registered.as a club we help each other out, as long as we adhere to the rules and regs of the various leagues.

Penryn 6-0 Holman SC

Att 30

Holmans travelled to Penryn knowing they had to avoid defeat to stand any chance of pulling themselves out of the bottom 2 and for 37 minutes they played well working hard throughout the team from Marcus Smith leading the line through the ever industrious Ben Gadsdon in midfield to the central defence of skipper Jason Blight. Both sides had chances at either end but once Penryn made the breakthrough on the 37th min the Holmans players heads dropped and a 2nd Penryn goal on the 44th min effectivley sealed the tie.

HT 2-0

Some defensive errors and goalkeeping mistakes in the 2nd half were punished by a good passing quick penryn side who looked lively all night and added 4 goals in the 2nd half to condemn Holmans to a six goal heavy defeat (Amazingly not the heaviest defeat of the night!!!)

Holmans will now finish 2nd from bottom between Ludgvan & Penzance and although finishing in the bottom 2 may be saved from relegation due to the promotion of Helston following their promotion to Peninsula West (Congratulations to Helston on winning the title from all at Holmans)

St Ives will be our final game this Saturday and I would like to thank all of the Holmans players & everyone who has assisted throughout the year for their commitment during what has ultimatley been a season which we expected to be much more competitive but sadly fell short of where we wanted to be. Saturday will probably be my last game as 1st team manager as i am looking to stand down to concentrate on playing for one of the 2 Holmans sides and continue my position as club secretary I know that the team will be left in good hands with Andy Tasker in charge and his wealth of experience.

Holmans do not wish to be a side that continuouslly languishes at the bottom of the table so next season will be a crunch season for us. We will support the motion by many sides to reduce the league to 18 clubs for 2012/13 even if it may end our association with the combination league. Clubs must put the fear of relegation to one side to make the league more competitive & reduce the amount of fixtures

Fair play to Ludgvan for keeping going but this is a joke for SENIOR football.Does it show to many teams from one area is no good to any league? Take Ludgvan+Pz reserves,not to good,St.Just+Pendeen doing well,to few players for to many teams. :angry2::ninja:

Got to agree with you Mr.T,just too many teams in one small area,Hayle,St.Ives,Ludgvan,Penzance,Pendeen and St Just all in the combo and lots more decent junior sides too.It's very difficult to attract good senior players with so much competition and no budget.

As for us being a joke,gotta agree with that too to be fair.We were awful last night and Pendeen showed how good a side they are,they hunted us down and showed no mercy.With a couple of additions to their squad they could be possible champions next season.

But in our defence the majority of our squad are junior players who only played combo this season to help the club out,three weeks before the start of the season these boys were looking forward to mining 3 lol.

Fair play to Ludgvan for keeping going but this is a joke for SENIOR football.Does it show to many teams from one area is no good to any league? Take Ludgvan+Pz reserves,not to good,St.Just+Pendeen doing well,to few players for to many teams. :angry2::ninja:

Got to agree with you Mr.T,just too many teams in one small area,Hayle,St.Ives,Ludgvan,Penzance,Pendeen and St Just all in the combo and lots more decent junior sides too.It's very difficult to attract good senior players with so much competition and no budget.

As for us being a joke,gotta agree with that too to be fair.We were awful last night and Pendeen showed how good a side they are,they hunted us down and showed no mercy.With a couple of additions to their squad they could be possible champions next season.

But in our defence the majority of our squad are junior players who only played combo this season to help the club out,three weeks before the start of the season these boys were looking forward to mining 3 lol.

Don't you think it is about time that Ludgvan pulled out of the combo league and try to do what Pendeen has done ? ( very well i must add )

and i think that Pendeen will be up there next season if they stay together.

I am just saying ( as i do say what i think ) what alot of you are thinking !! :c:

Addick i wish you and Ludgvan all the best for the future wherever it may be,your honesty in your reply is refreshing. :clapper::clapper: :ninja:

Congratulations to Helston on a deserved title and good luck in SWPL west.

Well done also to what amounted to a PZ youth side, who never gave up trying. All credit to the lads.

Could have scored 3-4 with a bit of luck, having hit the w/work twice and a couple of goal mouth scrambles cleared.

A pleasure to ref 2 sides both wanting to play tidy football. Good luck for next season.

Addick i wish you and Ludgvan all the best for the future wherever it may be,your honesty in your reply is refreshing. :clapper::clapper::ninja:

Thank you Mr.T,not sure where i'll be next season but as i understand it Ludgvan will have a team in the combination.

Kempy,i think you are right bud,it would make sense for Ludgvan to take a step back to move the club forward but the decision to leave senior football is always going to be tough one.It would be a shame as the facilities are great down there and it only takes getting a money man in to turn the club around,obviously easier said than done though lol.