Division One

Elburton Villa 2 Holsworthy 0

Kilkhampton 1 Plymstock United 1

Millbrook 9 Nanpean Rovers 0

Polperro 1 St Dominick 1

St Teath 7 Roche 0

Morwenstow v St Dennis

. . . Morwenstow - St. Dennis

So, since Monday 2nd at Saltash, Wednesday 4th. Torpoint and now tomorrow Morwenstow.

Ahhhhh! the joys of local football. :rolleyes:

(Note to club Committee. Discuss a Minibus for the coming season.)

When playing for probus in the ecpl about 8 years ago we had to play away for 6 weeks as our pitch was dug up for local drainage works(if I remember correctly)

Our first four games were bude, launceston millbrook and torpoint away I think!!! Fun times

We (St Dennis) are promoted if we come back from Morwenstow today with 3 points :yahoo::smiley20::drink:

How many clubs are the SWPL wanting to take for 2011-12?

2 Dave, 1 from the ECPL which will be St Dennis if we win today and 1 from the Combination League which will be Helston.

Since the formation of the CSWPL,a number of clubs from the Feeder Leagues have been admitted:but just how many have transferred back?Looks like "one-way-traffic"to me.Little wonder the standards are dropping.

I repeat my previous question : How has the CSWPL benefited football in Cornwall ?

Since the formation of the CSWPL,a number of clubs from the Feeder Leagues have been admitted:but just how many have transferred back?Looks like "one-way-traffic"to me.Little wonder the standards are dropping.

I repeat my previous question : How has the CSWPL benefited football in Cornwall ?

No disrespect to anyone but I don't think it has helped at all. The top teams are still there but the fringe teams will only ever be just that?!

Money talks and all that, with so many more teams up at the peninsula level there is less money to go around and the difference between the top of the prem to the mid table of the east and west leagues is vast.

I dont know if that's a sort of answer you were looking for?

But didn't the ECPL have to tinker with their number of member clubs too in the early days.

Hopefully at the end of next season with both Division Ones having the maximum 18 clubs, "proper" relegation will take place

Great win for Bodmin. Watched Tavistock against Probus today. Probus were the better team from start to finish. Tavy without their main goal threat J.Kelly never looked like scoring. Taking nothing away from Probus, Tavy had a very young side with 3 new players starting at the age of 16yrs. Hopefully they would have gained some experience of the big jump from junior to senior football. Tavy 1st team struggling for numbers and took 4 from the 2nd team. Thought Nute the ref had a poor game. Gave Tavy nothing.