Cornwall Football Forum

Combo League Result and Latest Table

Can you post the result, goal scorers and attendance for tonight's match

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

5th May 2011

Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Wort 5, Bobby Bryant 5, Matt Roberts 4, Jake Harvey 3, Marc Rose, Sam Bromley) 19-0 Ludgvan

Att - 14

TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

HELSTON ATHLETIC 34 30 2 2 121 32 89 92

ST JUST 35 23 7 5 103 51 52 76

ILLOGAN RBL 32 23 6 3 101 20 81 75

PERRANWELL 30 22 5 3 108 29 79 74"

ST AGNES 33 21 4 8 108 46 62 67

PENDEEN ROVERS 32 21 4 7 103 42 61 67

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 31 21 2 8 89 38 51 65

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 36 19 6 11 120 58 62 63

WENDRON UNITED 34 15 3 16 80 85 -5 48

RNAS CULDROSE 32 14 5 13 75 71 4 47

TROON 35 13 5 17 68 81 -13 44

MULLION 33 11 6 16 75 88 -13 39

ST DAY 33 11 5 17 67 81 -14 38

ST IVES TOWN 34 12 0 22 59 79 -20 36

NEWQUAY RESERVES 34 9 5 20 52 78 -26 32

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 34 8 7 19 56 100 -44 28°

HAYLE RESERVES 31 7 5 19 39 87 -48 25*

PENZANCE RESERVES 35 7 3 25 36 105 -69 24

HOLMAN SC 36 6 2 27 50 115 -65 20

LUDGVAN 36 0 2 34 18 244 -226 2

Please can the combo reduce its numbers to 18 teams max!! we have 10 games to play nearly every season very late April and May

Ludgvan has been in the bottom 2 over the last 19 years or so! ( may be a tad out) i am sorry it is a waste of a fixture ( albeit getting the golden boot etc etc ) Can we in the combo league not get some common sense here and finish early May please!! :c:

Correct Kevin, though I've not played all season apart from a few keeper performances and a cramp filled 65 mins at Illogan. Probably wouldn't have scored anyway though!!

Scorers were Luke Wort 5, Matt Roberts 4, Bobby Bryant 5, Jake Harvey 3, Marc Rose 1& Sam Bromley 1. Think that's right though if I'm corrected I'll let you know. Attendance 14

Also a Falmouth Town combination record of goals scored in a season so I'm told, sure Mike or CTB would be able to confirm though

Correct Kevin, though I've not played all season apart from a few keeper performances and a cramp filled 65 mins at Illogan. Probably wouldn't have scored anyway though!!

Scorers were Luke Wort 5, Matt Roberts 4, Bobby Bryant 5, Jake Harvey 3, Marc Rose 1& Sam Bromley 1. Think that's right though if I'm corrected I'll let you know. Attendance 14

Also a Falmouth Town combination record of goals scored in a season so I'm told, sure Mike or CTB would be able to confirm though

Yes Duncan-The previous best 115 in season 1999-00 and also 2003-04

Third game in 6 days for Ludgvan. Newquay last Saturday, St Just on Tuesday, Falmouth Thursday, all away. Probably difficult to anywhere near normal team. They don't ask profesionals to play this often. Only one game fixtured Saturday in the last the last three weeks, when it is easier to raise a team. Ludgvan make more attemps to fulfil their fixtures than most, playing on Boxing day and Ludgvan Feast day. Well done to Ludgvan for fulfiling this fixture and escaping the £100 fine that befell Porthleven. It is easy to critisise Ludgvan's quality on the field, but don't ever critsise their spirit.

I asked for this fixture to be re-arranged 2 weeks ago as i was well aware that we would not be able to field a team.We had 3 first team regulars and the rest were mostly second team players who play in mining 3.Credit to all those guys who went to Falmouth last night knowing they were going to get a hiding,it takes a brave man.It would have been easy for us to not turn up last night but we have spirit in our team and a willingness to do whats best for our club.Playing the game has saved the club from a large fine which frankly it can't afford.

I would like to thank the Combination League for all their help and support with this fixture,again showing what a great bunch of people run the league.

Please can the combo reduce its numbers to 18 teams max!! we have 10 games to play nearly every season very late April and May

Ludgvan has been in the bottom 2 over the last 19 years or so! ( may be a tad out) i am sorry it is a waste of a fixture ( albeit getting the golden boot etc etc ) Can we in the combo league not get some common sense here and finish early May please!! :c:

No Kempy, the more matches the better esp for those who have missed 6 months :smiley20: :smiley20: :smiley20: :smiley20:

Heard- Luke Wort scored 6 taking him into second spot in the JCCL Golden Boot behid Dominic Pullen (Perranwell)

Bobby Bryant 5

Got to slap you down there Mike. In your excitement you've forgotten Mark Goldswothy of Helston.

NAME CLUB LEAGUE CUP TOTAL

DOMINIC PULLEN PERRANWELL 46 7 53

MARK GOLDSWORTHY HELSTON ATHLETIC 38 6 44

LUKE WORT FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 38 2 40

TOM BENNEY ST AGNES 29 29

WADE BROWN PENDEEN ROVERS 26 2 28

MIKE O'NEIL WENDRON UNITED 24 2 26

ROB DUNNE WENDRON UNITED 19 6 25

JAKE HARVEY FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES (4 FOR Illogan RBL) 23 1 24

DARREN STEADMAN ST JUST 19 5 24

RIKKI SMITH PENDEEN ROVERS 21 2 23

I asked for this fixture to be re-arranged 2 weeks ago as i was well aware that we would not be able to field a team.We had 3 first team regulars and the rest were mostly second team players who play in mining 3.Credit to all those guys who went to Falmouth last night knowing they were going to get a hiding,it takes a brave man.It would have been easy for us to not turn up last night but we have spirit in our team and a willingness to do whats best for our club.Playing the game has saved the club from a large fine which frankly it can't afford.

I would like to thank the Combination League for all their help and support with this fixture,again showing what a great bunch of people run the league.

Didn't hear you moaning about how the Combination League helped when they gave your ground the semi-final, Helston v Pendeen, oh no sorry there was a big gate.

Didn't hear you moaning about how the Combination League helped when they gave your ground the semi-final, Helston v Pendeen, oh no sorry there was a big gate.

Obviously you don;t realise that all the gate money from the semi-finals and finals of both the League Cup and Supplementary Cup are divided out between the League and two finalists of that cup after expenses.

So Ludgvan made nothing from staging the Cup S-F apart from perhaps holding a raffle as the bar is run for the benefit of the Playing Field Association.

Clubs compete for the honour of holding a cup s-f or final and hope to make some money on the side.

First semi final for Ludgvan since they joined league in 1980!!! By common agreement it was far the best organised semi or final of the season, and they supplied food free of charge to the teams. Did they get that in the final at Porthleven?

First semi final for Ludgvan since they joined league in 1980!!! By common agreement it was far the best organised semi or final of the season, and they supplied food free of charge to the teams. Did they get that in the final at Porthleven?

Well said Treve.

People don't realise that St Day or Ludgvan don't make money for the football club from their bar takings as they belong to Playing Field Associations.

Not sure about Perranwell but expect it is the same.

That's very true Follower you didn't hear me moaning about Ludgvan getting it's first ever combo semi-final but maybe that's because i don't often come on here slagging other teams off like you do.Is it the fact you had to travel all the way to Ludgvan to play your semi-final or the fact you were well beaten by a very good Pendeen side on the day that's prompted you to have a go at us?

Obviously if you've already read the previous 2 posts you'll realise just what twaddle your post is.There's an awful lot of hard work to organise an extremely well run semi-final and we did a fantastic job. :thumbsup:

So to all the haters out there,whether Ludgvan are in the Combination league next season or not there will always be somebody to fill our boots,somebody will always finish bottom of the league for you lot to have a go at.

Regards Mark.

That's very true Follower you didn't hear me moaning about Ludgvan getting it's first ever combo semi-final but maybe that's because i don't often come on here slagging other teams off like you do.Is it the fact you had to travel all the way to Ludgvan to play your semi-final or the fact you were well beaten by a very good Pendeen side on the day that's prompted you to have a go at us?

Obviously if you've already read the previous 2 posts you'll realise just what twaddle your post is.There's an awful lot of hard work to organise an extremely well run semi-final and we did a fantastic job. :thumbsup:

So to all the haters out there,whether Ludgvan are in the Combination league next season or not there will always be somebody to fill our boots,somebody will always finish bottom of the league for you lot to have a go at.

Regards Mark.

I don't HATE Ludgvan i enjoyed playing against you , the bar lady was worth a trip even if you were on the bench :drink: And had a good kicking from John Mathews and Steve Curnow when they were in the prime years of their footy careers.

I just think that our season goes on too long and would like to see the teams reduced by 2, as we would ( and many others) only have 3 or 4 to play!! :c:

Regards Mark.

I don't HATE Ludgvan i enjoyed playing against you , the bar lady was worth a trip even if you were on the bench :drink: And had a good kicking from John Mathews and Steve Curnow when they were in the prime years of their footy careers.

I just think that our season goes on too long and would like to see the teams reduced by 2, as we would ( and many others) only have 3 or 4 to play!! :c:

Simple solution. Force every combo team to play mid-week games in October and March at teams who have floodlights. Culdrose do it and don't suffer playing teams full of 1st team players. That way the teams with floodlights will play a lot of away games on Saturdays but the season would be reduced in length.

Also is it the league's fault that you had a good run in the Senior Cup and Charity Cup taking more Saturday's up?

Regards Mark.

Simple solution. Force every combo team to play mid-week games in October and March at teams who have floodlights. Culdrose do it and don't suffer playing teams full of 1st team players. That way the teams with floodlights will play a lot of away games on Saturdays but the season would be reduced in length.

Also is it the league's fault that you had a good run in the Senior Cup and Charity Cup taking more Saturday's up?

So Penryn reserves do not play in either the Senior cup or Charity cup and they have still 7 to play ????

Again not the League's fault.

Penryn cancelled 6 YES 6 HOME games this season due to various reasons.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/2010penryn.html

Perranwell had 3 cancelled, 1 home 2 away

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/2010perranwell.html

Pendeen had 3 cancelled all away

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/2010pendeen.html

Hayle had 6 cancelled games all away

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/2010hayle.html

But Falmouth cancelled 4, 1 home, 3 away but have got their games played

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/2010falmouth.html

Try relegating four and bringing up both winners from fal/hel and mining league

Not a bad idea but what if illogan won the mining??

Thats a great idea and from what i've heard it's been said before for a number of years.There should be promotion and relegation from every division of every league at the end of each season,that's what happens in football.Personally i think Illogan should step up a league as they have been a top combo side for a few years now.The combo seems to be getting stale and a few new faces would help improve that,like Pendeen have this season.

i think Illogan should step up a league as they have been a top combo side for a few years now.

But they bottled it! After giving notice to withdraw from the JCCL, they seemed to have preferred "the big fish in the small pond" theory.

Having said that, they wouldn't have gone up this season because of Helston.

Regards Mark.

A) Don't remember slagging other teams off, I just come here and post Helston's result if nobody has done it.

B) Didn't say anything bad about the set-up at Ludgvan or had to travel down or getting beaten by the better side and definately didn't have a go at you.

And also ctb where did I mention Ludgvan getting any money, yes I said it was a big gate but Ludgvan charged for car parking and Im sure some money went into the bar.

You never used the exact words about Ludgvan getting money but from the highlighted text You said the Combo helped Ludgvan and it was a big gate. You know you implied Ludgvan made money from the match.

Regards Mark.

A) Don't remember slagging other teams off, I just come here and post Helston's result if nobody has done it.

B) Didn't say anything bad about the set-up at Ludgvan or had to travel down or getting beaten by the better side and definately didn't have a go at you.

And also ctb where did I mention Ludgvan getting any money, yes I said it was a big gate but Ludgvan charged for car parking and Im sure some money went into the bar.

If as you say you come on here just to post Helston's results then why get involved in this topic.What you posted sounded like sour grapes to me,maybe i'm wrong?

And as far as i know we didn't charge for parking,although i did suggest we should.

i think Illogan should step up a league as they have been a top combo side for a few years now.

But they bottled it! After giving notice to withdraw from the JCCL, they seemed to have preferred "the big fish in the small pond" theory.

Having said that, they wouldn't have gone up this season because of Helston. thumbsup.gif

Ouch! don't mess around with your comments do you. I think you'll find everyone at illogan have sat down and discussed this situation a few times over the last few seasons but for one reason or another they have felt it was not possible. Surely if they were such big fish in a small pond they would of won the league more than twice in the last 30 years??

alot of clubs have tried to climb the leagues too quickly and goonhavern, wendron and mousehole have all struggled ( goonhavern and wendron are still getting themselves together after it went wrong ) St day were also super keen to step up but a season further on and where are they now??

And just because they've been top 3 or 4 for the last few seasons does that mean they have to go up? why not perranwell, they've been as good as anyone for the last few years!

Illogan could of gone up after the first league title but Mr Caddy then decided to walk away and take his little followers with him, leaving illogan to rebuild. This they managed a season later, BUT mr Roscoe then decides to leave the club leaving things up in the air again ( plus now 75% of the team are being asked to follow him to hayle, VERY NICE! )

It would of been nice for the mining side to step up also, but with the new league starting next season ( which i feel will be extremley competitive ) was there much point trying to change things for this season?

But hey this is just my humble opinion ( plus a fair few others i may add ) but who are we to argue with the voice of cornish football! if Deacon says go then you shall go and if the club suffers who cares!

so i've had my little say on it and i'm sure it won't change anyones minds but then again, not everyone listens to the truth! have a good end to the season everyone and a relaxing summer

hear hear, totally agree!

clubs need to find their level where they can sustainly run without the need for paying players money. The combo league is already weaker than it was 5 years ago, compare it to 20 odd years ago and you're talking a different level of football.

Thats a bit harsh mr deacon, illogan didn't bottle it the club just thought it was the wrong move at the current time! Seeing as we've lost some 5-6 players from last years squad , this season was gonna be about rebuilding and bringing through some youth! Illogan don't have a budget to cover players travel expenses etc!! I don't care what anyone says it's a big step to make and has certainly knocked back a few good teams in wendron and more recently hayle! So a very harsh comment to make

We need to reduce the numbers!! end of in my opinion!!

I'm with you Kempy. The SWP has one game remaining (a replay) in total across the 3 divisions. The Combo has something like 41 fixtures remaining!

At the AGM we could vote on relegating two clubs from the end of the 2011-12 season onwards until we reach a more managable 18 clubs.