Cornwall Football Forum

Launceston Cup Final

Big Ern, Are Lamerton still going to apply for East Cornwal? The way the league is panning out, I would have thought you have to be in with a shout considering the teams above you either have teams already playing at that level,or havnt applied. Dont think Fowey appiled or St Mawgan.Good Luck for the final.

Big Ern, Are Lamerton still going to apply for East Cornwal? The way the league is panning out, I would have thought you have to be in with a shout considering the teams above you either have teams already playing at that level,or havnt applied. Dont think Fowey appiled or St Mawgan.Good Luck for the final.

if you cant beat stratton id stay well away from the east cornwall league!!

I dont think east cornwall 1 apart from the top four teams is anything special. The Duchy premier of last year with St Teath, Gunnislake and Torpoint would easily have competed in that league.(obviously St Teath are there now)! Add Fowey of this season and I think the step up is not great.If Lamerton choose to apply and get accepted, add a few players and I am sure they would do ok.

I dont think east cornwall 1 apart from the top four teams is anything special. The Duchy premier of last year with St Teath, Gunnislake and Torpoint would easily have competed in that league.(obviously St Teath are there now)! Add Fowey of this season and I think the step up is not great.If Lamerton choose to apply and get accepted, add a few players and I am sure they would do ok.

yeah i think your right about east cornwall 1,its not that great.i dont think duchy premier is that strong this year apart from torpoint and fowey as if we win 3 out of 4 of our remaining games we can end up 5th or 6th and we havent even trained since november(altarnun!)

Jazzy, your quite right. I didnt want to slag off the Duchy premier league, but this season the quality has been poor. Compared to last season where it was quite tight, this season you could probably lose 4 - 5 games and still go on and win the league. With the teams coming up I dont think it will strengthen the league that much and it will still be Torpoint and Fowey to beat for the title. I am pleased you have picked up some good results as Neil( ur manager) was a player I played with on Sundays a few years ago.A good goal scorer, but lazy git!! All the best in your remaining games.

Stratton United deserved the win last night and we deserved nothing from the game. Im not going to make excuses or put Stratton down in anyway as they were worthy winners, but Lamerton didnt even turn up and put in a poor poor display and i was very dissapointed with attitudes of players with the fact they were playing in a cup final and looked like they didnt want to be there. 4-5 players putting in effort is simply not good enough.

It wasnt a bit of an upset at all, at the end of the day the team that deserved it won, thats football and thats how it goes.

And to answer your question Mex, we will not be entering into the ECL as our league placing is not high enough. I know we could if accepted but i have always told the players that if we didnt finish top or 2nd we wouldnt go up as i feel you need to earn promotion.