Cornwall Football Forum

BOSCASTLE 3 CALSTOCK 1

A very bitterley disappointed game and result for us tonight. All credit to Graham and his players at Boscatle who battled and won every 2nd ball....i am upset at the result in more ways than one especially with some of my players attitudes tonight. I will not slate them in public but they need it to change with a another big game away to Godolphin on saturday.

The referee tonight was shocking for both teams so cannot use that old one for an excuse!!!!

Put it down to a bad day at the office and one we need to learn from and bounce back.

Very well done to Boscastle and hope you get the point you need tro stay up, from all at Calstock.

Regards

Stewart Cawte

Stu, Always a hard place to go and play. Boscastle at home have always been a difficult fixture as they always seem to raise their game.Conditions are always difficult which Boscastle seem to cope with. I will always remember Boscastle with fond memories as I had never scored an own goal during my playing career. That was until my last season when I managed to score one in a cup game and one in a league game! We were leading the cup game with about two minutes to go and eventually lost in extra time. I still blame our keeper, hes about 6ft 5 and I beat him with a header from 25yds! Your point on the referee was interesting, as all the visits I had to Boscastle, I can honestly say never had a good ref. That included Saturdays and the odd cup game on a Sunday. Not meant to be disrespectful to Boscastle, as the ref was as bad for both teams. Good luck in your remaining games.

from a boscastle side ref wasn,t the best i heard, but desevered victory just, wind helped our side as were used to playing in those conditions as most weeks it is windy ! would like to wish calstock all the best for rest of season and good luck next year in duchy premier ! and as for the refs everyone has bad refs and everyone has good refs but without them we would get a game

Get in, your quite right without a ref we would not get a game on a Saturday. But I think the standard of reffing this season in the duchy league has been consistantly poor. I dont want to take anything away from your result, but you did mention the ref. Generally I think the refereeing has been poor. I quite often speak with a local referee who I admit I never saw eye to eye when I played! but we exchange views on games and when we discuss referees hes often in agreement with what I have to say about certain refs. (I am always quick to praise refs as well as critisise.)I had a few battles with Boscastle over the years, I think your vets side consits of a few I played against! Richard Pethick, Boswell, Neville, Haddy( sorry cant remember first name) good club men and a few others. All the best for the rest of the season.

I have to say that I was staggered at the Boscastle v Calstock result. No disrespect to Boscastle, but a few days ago they were poor when they let in 9 against Grampound. Grampound (my club) are not great but it could have easily been double figures. The ref last Saturday had an excellent game and so it was not his fault! Congratulations to Boscastle on a spectacular result on Wednesday night - I don't think many saw that one coming.

ajw the game vs grampound was a big off day for the 1st team not taking anything from the result as they said grampound played really well but also we missed quite a few chances our selfs . and mex yeah robin is still playing for 1st at 44 the others and bosley and richard have retired now myself (neville) now playing 2nds and hopefully vets next yr when i'm old enough !

ajw the game vs grampound was a big off day for the 1st team not taking anything from the result as they said grampound played really well but also we missed quite a few chances our selfs . and mex yeah robin is still playing for 1st at 44 the others and bosley and richard have retired now myself (neville) now playing 2nds and hopefully vets next yr when i'm old enough !

I thought you guys played well yesterday and couldn't understand why you are where you are, it must have been tough to concede just before the break after having a lot of pressure on us. Credit where it's due you came back at us in the second half and kept the pressure on until the end. One of your supporters was passing my goal near the end and when I mentioned how surprised I was where you were, he said that you'd had trouble converting your chances. I can see to a point what he meant but I don't see much wrong with what you have there, I was definitely kept busier than in some other games this season!

A win for us against Pensilva on Wednesday should secure 3rd for us but in the process help you guys out. Lets hope we get what we need and don't have to go to Bere Alston needing a win on the last day, it's a difficult place to go sometimes. If we get third and are lucky enough to get promotion I'll be calling off my retirement off for another season!

...but if it's the case it will definitely be my last on Saturdays. Then it'll be on to Vets on Sundays, I'll feel younger then!