Lanreath 1 Sticker 0

Launceston 2 Bude Town 1

Torpoint Athletic 5 St Dennis 0

Wadebridge Town 2 Probus 3

Division One

Holsworthy 1 St Blazey 0

St Stephen 1 Polperro 3

St Teath 3 Kilkhampton 1

If we (St Dennis) win tonight then we only need 3 points from our last 3 games to win it, its going to be a hard task for us tonight, not only are Torpoint a good side without bringing 1st team players in but we also have alot of injuries (due to the amount of games we've played over the last couple of weeks) and a few that cant make it due to work commitments, so we are traveling with a depleated squad which will include a few from our 2nd team. We can afford to lose tonight and win our last 3 games to win the title if Torpoint win their remaining games. Should hopefully still be a good game!!!

If we (St Dennis) win tonight then we only need 3 points from our last 3 games to win it, its going to be a hard task for us tonight, not only are Torpoint a good side without bringing 1st team players in but we also have alot of injuries (due to the amount of games we've played over the last couple of weeks) and a few that cant make it due to work commitments, so we are traveling with a depleated squad which will include a few from our 2nd team. We can afford to lose tonight and win our last 3 games to win the title if Torpoint win their remaining games. Should hopefully still be a good game!!!

Answer me one question you just said that your getting second team players into help you the same as what torpoint are doing it's just unfortunate that you are the first team I'm sure the management over torpoint would also not hesitate to bring in some of there very succesful third team so what is the difference?????

All stuff that gets said about torpoint it's not there fault for having 3 successfull teams to choose from they are just lucky enough I'm sure torpoint are in the same position as St Dennis with injuries and work!

So why moan about it it happens at all levels of football from premiership to local!

And im sure if your seconds needed help you you would help correct cause your part of a club not just a team!!!!

I agree with you spud, unlike us Torpoint are a massive club and have the luxury of picking from 3 quality sides, and are able to field a strong side from which ever they chose from, fair play to them, if the situation was reversed I'm sure we would do exactly the same, I no we would have liked to have been able to call upon Whettsy from St Austell tonight, but unfortunately they have a game but that's football. At the end of the day tonight is a huge game for both clubs so all we can do, and Torpoint, Is field the strongest side possible and see what happens, it's 11 v 11 so no excuses, we defiantly won't feel bitter about it I can say that much, am looking forward to what I hope will be a firey game and a great advert for the league, with 2 of the best sides in it.

Spud Runner I would like to add my comment about Torpoint using players from withinn their club to assist when injuries and unavilability crop up. I recently watched Torpoint play Tavistock in an east cornwall game. Tavistock are not one of the strongest teams at the moment, so I was suprised to hear various supporters comment on the amount of Torpoint first team players involved. The number 5 - 6 was mentioned. I only recognised one player as he was an ex Tavy player so I cant personally vouch for the actual numbers. The point I am making is that as far as I was aware the duchy side had no game that evening so why not use the good players from the 3rd team? Ok so St Dennis might try and call upon one or two outside senior players but it wont be the amount Torpoint would use. After the Tavistock game the Torpoint manager asked the Tavy manager if Tavy first team had a game on the Saturday as he was hoping Tavy would play some first teamers!! No mention of injuries or availability, but pack the team with first teamers. Opponents that day were St Dennis! Tavy first team had no fixture but not one player was called upon from the first team.

Few first team names on that scoresheet...

I was at the game tonight watchin and believe it was only grant on the score sheet from the first speaking the fellow loyal torpoint fans behind the goal they said that the second team had the cardew lad off at work kershaw is carrying injury to pain bad ankle wills has bad back!

That's to name a few they said I can't remember the rest but like I said before in previous post that's the joy of them bein a big club with three great teams!

But there was a few first teamers the lad White and Todd to

Few first team names on that scoresheet...

I was at the game tonight watchin and believe it was only grant on the score sheet from the first speaking the fellow loyal torpoint fans behind the goal they said that the second team had the cardew lad off at work kershaw is carrying injury to pain bad ankle wills has bad back!

That's to name a few they said I can't remember the rest but like I said before in previous post that's the joy of them bein a big club with three great teams!

But there was a few first teamers the lad White and Todd to

Torpoint 5-0 St Dennis

Point goals:

Chapman (2)

Grant (2)

Stacey

Well we got taught I footballing lesson tonight, but didn't give up. All the same, got to win last 3 to take title.

Well done lanreth.

not so good 2nite ricks or torpoint very very good????

Torpoint 5-0 St Dennis

Point goals:

Chapman (2)

Grant (2)

Stacey

Well we got taught I footballing lesson tonight, but didn't give up. All the same, got to win last 3 to take title.

Well done lanreth.

Both

Both goose, we were not so good, point were class.

Apperentally Torpoint skipper said they had 6 from the 1sts on tonight, but hey nothing in the rules says they can't do it, so will just get on with it. will take it as a compliment that they needed to do that tonight. At the end of the day the league is still in our hands, we have morwenstow twice and Bodmin, after stickers loss tonight we need 3 points from 3 games to get promotion,which was our main aim at the start of the season. but will now be concentrating on the max points to take the league, tonights performance did show we need a bit of work to the squad but it was experience for us, has been a very good and close season, u don't win the league off 1 poor performance, just gunna go into our last 3 now looking for max points, I'm glad it's hone to the wire, makes it interesting, well done to Torpoint tonight, easily deserved 3 points, well done and good luck for ur last couple games.

Torpoint 5-0 St Dennis

Point goals:

Chapman (2)

Grant (2)

Stacey

Well done lanreth.

Both

cant win them all m8,wots points run in compared 2 st dennis' 4 the title then topgaffer?

Apperentally Torpoint skipper said they had 6 from the 1sts on tonight, but hey nothing in the rules says they can't do it, so will just get on with it. will take it as a compliment that they needed to do that tonight. At the end of the day the league is still in our hands, we have morwenstow twice and Bodmin, after stickers loss tonight we need 3 points from 3 games to get promotion,which was our main aim at the start of the season. but will now be concentrating on the max points to take the league, tonights performance did show we need a bit of work to the squad but it was experience for us, has been a very good and close season, u don't win the league off 1 poor performance, just gunna go into our last 3 now looking for max points, I'm glad it's hone to the wire, makes it interesting, well done to Torpoint tonight, easily deserved 3 points, well done and good luck for ur last couple games.

no doubt a few of the 2nd teamers cud do a job 4 the 1sts as well,thats wot happens wen u got 3 decent sides that prob train every week wiv out fail lol

First teamers or not, Torpoint easily deserved that result tonight, they made us look stupid at times, granty was top class, made a huge difference, but hey tonights result opened the league wide open between the 2 sides. Still in our hands but won't be taking the last 3 lightly, anyway tonights game is done and dusted, concentrate on Saturday now.

4 first teamers in tonight todd,white,williams and grant

Good game of football played by two good sides pity about the Ref!!!!!

Don't for get Hicks (1st team) came on second half.

A £1 well spent last night, yes I'm an old sod.

May the best team win the league title.

As a Torpoint supporter I'm not happy with the fact that a few first team players were put in for this vital top of the league game. It's not fair on the teams who can't call on players from a higher level, it's not fair on the ECPL players who were dropped and to me, it is not playing within the spirit of the game. L. Ricks 10 sporting comments make me slightly embarrassed.

Guest ECPL Supporter

So if you're a supporter albert you'll know that with our injuries and unavailability, we didn't have 11 players. So what do you suggest we should have done instead? Fielded 7 players?

So if you're a supporter albert you'll know that with our injuries and unavailability, we didn't have 11 players. So what do you suggest we should have done instead? Fielded 7 players?

Did your 3rd team have a game that evening?

Nandos7, thanks for the reply. Out of interest Torpoint made at least 2 changes in the 2nd half,(if not 3) did any of the 3rd team players get on?

Yes they did but in all fairness Mex the third team had a cup final on the Monday that went to extra time and slot of them where struggling!

They also have a hard run in to secure there own league!

Answer your question egg

Bit touchy Mr Spud! Only asking as I am interested to see if the 3rd team players are given a chance to step up rather than use 1st team players. Foweys result today has helped your 3rd team title ambitions. Less of the egg!!!

Bit touchy Mr Spud! Only asking as I am interested to see if the 3rd team players are given a chance to step up rather than use 1st team players. Foweys result today has helped your 3rd team title ambitions. Less of the egg!!!

3 of the third team have also been on the bench for the first team during there the fa vase run!

So u tell me if the 3rd team get a chance!

3 of the third team have also been on the bench for the first team during there the fa vase run!

So u tell me if the 3rd team get a chance!

Glad to hear it spud runner, I think its good that junior players are given the chance to play higher. Thanks for replying and all the best for the rest of the season. Torpoint 1st team performance in the FA vase was great for cornish football.

'Nandos7' and 'Spud runner' are talking absolute nonesense Mex! Torpoint did not introduce any 3rd team players on Wednesday night, they made 2 changes, 1 of whome was Hicks and another was a 1st team player who i dont know, they finished the game with 6 first team players on the pitch, 7 if u want to include Bryan Stacey! I would ask who the 3rd team player/players were but they would only reply with a load of bull so i wont ask the question. We (St Dennis) are promoted anyway and that was our main objective this season, so i dont care who wins the league, would be nice to rub the smile off every Torpoint fan who said we couldnt do it!!!!!

'Nandos7' and 'Spud runner' are talking absolute nonesense Mex! Torpoint did not introduce any 3rd team players on Wednesday night, they made 2 changes, 1 of whome was Hicks and another was a 1st team player who i dont know, they finished the game with 6 first team players on the pitch, 7 if u want to include Bryan Stacey! I would ask who the 3rd team player/players were but they would only reply with a load of bull so i wont ask the question. We (St Dennis) are promoted anyway and that was our main objective this season, so i dont care who wins the league, would be nice to rub the smile off every Torpoint fan who said we couldnt do it!!!!!

. . . the problem with Torpoint is of their own making. Having so many teams in various leagues will inevitably create the problems everyone else faces of never knowing which 'Torpoint' team they are facing. You can view that in various ways, but the thing I find facinating is the ability of team Management of the 'ECPL' Torpoint team to be able to motivate their players when they know that they can't be promoted - season in, season out.

We can enjoy that benefit, as the result of a great season for a village team, many of who have played together since they were 11 years old. And just for the record, our 2nd team won promotion from Duchy Two. So, in a couple of seasons time we might see the same situation for them, of not being able to be promoted. Unless our first team carries their success forwards

a la Truro.

Think garth jones was the other sub who came on santini,and hell be at foxhole on wednesday night picking up his dutchy league winners medal should they get the point they need

Exactly right big Tony!

santini your the one talkin rubbish if u wanna moan then get your facts right gareth was the other sub who has played for the 3rd team more then the 2nd and will be at there game on Wednesday getting a winners medal as I'm sure they will get there point they need!!!

Gareth is one of the torpoint players who flits between the third team and the second team along with one or two more!!!

Brian Stacey has played for the second team since before Xmas is the second team top goalscorer but helps out the first in midweek games if they have one!!

Next u will be saying that chapman,England,young are first team players as they have all played first team football this year!!!

Like I said before torpoint have the luxury of having three good teams that work very well together something other clubs just don't have including St Dennis!!!

Parkway have the same thing over there to

There are the facts egg get over it stop moaning!!

Santini u may personally wanna take a trip back to torpoint as your pants are still on the pitch from having them pulled down by Shane White!!

You're all a bunch of kids on here squabbling. You're saturday football is meant to be for enjoyment, because lets be honest none of you are exactly world beaters are you!! I think both the St Dennis players and Torpoint players are getting a bit ahead of yourselves, believing your own hype. Fair play to both of you for being in the top 2 in your league but i watch a lot of football and your league isn't exactly a high standard. The fact that St Dennis and Torpoint are the best 2 teams in the league shows that up even more because some of the defending i've seen from both sides is embarrassing at times and it's only for the fact of poor finishing games don't finish 7-6 every week!! Like i said well done to both teams, and i want to take nothing away from your achievements, but it's all relative and before you all come on here acting like you're Messi, take a look at yourselves and get back to reality!!!

You're all a bunch of kids on here squabbling. You're saturday football is meant to be for enjoyment, because lets be honest none of you are exactly world beaters are you!! I think both the St Dennis players and Torpoint players are getting a bit ahead of yourselves, believing your own hype. Fair play to both of you for being in the top 2 in your league but i watch a lot of football and your league isn't exactly a high standard. The fact that St Dennis and Torpoint are the best 2 teams in the league shows that up even more because some of the defending i've seen from both sides is embarrassing at times and it's only for the fact of poor finishing games don't finish 7-6 every week!! Like i said well done to both teams, and i want to take nothing away from your achievements, but it's all relative and before you all come on here acting like you're Messi, take a look at yourselves and get back to reality!!!

Just a local football fan but board of hearing rubbish said about a team I follow that's all!!