Cornwall Football Forum

Midweek Mining League Results

Mining 1

Illogan 3 - 1 CSOM (3-1 HT)

(Stuart Peters, Gareth Pitt and ???)

Good 1st haf from us playing some nice football opening them up several times and should have scored 5 or 6 really but some slack finishing cost us, went 2 up when CSOM managed to pull one back with a well taken goal but we put a 3rd in just before half time to regain the 2 goal advantage.

2nd half was more even with a mixture of tired legs and thinking job had been done from us and CSOM playing much better. Good little side CSOM with a good lad up front and the no. 8 in the middle having a very good 2nd half.

All in all a good 3 points leaving us needing 1 point from remaining 2 games to win the league for a 3rd successive year.

Mining 1

Illogan 3 - 1 CSOM (3-1 HT)

(Stuart Peters, Gareth Pitt and ???)

Good 1st haf from us playing some nice football opening them up several times and should have scored 5 or 6 really but some slack finishing cost us, went 2 up when CSOM managed to pull one back with a well taken goal but we put a 3rd in just before half time to regain the 2 goal advantage.

2nd half was more even with a mixture of tired legs and thinking job had been done from us and CSOM playing much better. Good little side CSOM with a good lad up front and the no. 8 in the middle having a very good 2nd half.

All in all a good 3 points leaving us needing 1 point from remaining 2 games to win the league for a 3rd successive year.

Curly scored you silly .........!

Thurs 5th May

Storm 3 (2) CSM 4 (2)

Storm Goals - Andrew Osborn, Dave Price, Kieren Brand

One of the best performances that Storm have put out this year and I feel we deserved at least a point from the game. We were definitely on the worst end of the refereeing decisions and although I'm sure it would have been a great game for the neutrals to watch, I can't help feeling more than a little hard done by with the result. Can't fault my players for effort or workrate and we played some great football. There haven't been many occasions this season where we have been disappointed in the scoreline not reflecting the performance, but this was definitely one of them.

Storm MOM - Adam Lockwood.

Thurs 5th May

Storm 3 (2) CSM 4 (2)

One of the best performances that Storm have put out this year and I feel we deserved at least a point from the game. We were definitely on the worst end of the refereeing decisions and although I'm sure it would have been a great game for the neutrals to watch, I can't help feeling more than a little hard done by with the result. Can't fault my players for effort or workrate and we played some great football. There haven't been many occasions this season where we have been disappointed in the scoreline not reflecting the performance, but this was definitely one of them.

I think this is a little hopeful. I was surprised at what came at us, but I don't feel as though you should have got anymore than a point. Without your keeper it would have been 6 or 7 after a handfull of brilliant saves. We dominated the possession for majority of the game, and your goals came from ping pong and a long range effort. Still a few players waiting to return from easter holidays, and with a full strength team I think it would have been a very different scoreline.

Thurs 5th May

Storm 3 (2) CSM 4 (2)

I think this is a little hopeful. I was surprised at what came at us, but I don't feel as though you should have got anymore than a point. Without your keeper it would have been 6 or 7 after a handfull of brilliant saves. We dominated the possession for majority of the game, and your goals came from ping pong and a long range effort. Still a few players waiting to return from easter holidays, and with a full strength team I think it would have been a very different scoreline.

I think that is a little patronising! I never agree with the comment that 'if it wasn't for your keeper' because that is the reason you try to sign a good keeper after all isn't it?

Possession in games does not always determine how the outcome should be either.. perhaps a good dissertation topic there eh?

I have to agree that going into the game we had higher hopes than normal, but even surprised ourselves. It goes to show what the hard work of a few people keeping a club together can grow into.

I think that, although on chances and possession CSM undoubtedly were in front, we can all make excuses as to why we could be better. "I think that if we had that team all season, plus the 2 players that we also had missing, and if we had actually had a training session this season... then things would have been different" It does not change the fact that with 10 minutes left to play you were losing 3-2 and scored a jammy cross that tucked into the top corner, and then had the impetus to go and claim the win.

Well done to your team for doing so, and like I said after the game, the points will make more of a difference to your league position than ours. Good luck in your remaining fixtures.

Dont you just love football?

Thurs 5th May

Storm 3 (2) CSM 4 (2)

I think that is a little patronising! I never agree with the comment that 'if it wasn't for your keeper' because that is the reason you try to sign a good keeper after all isn't it?

Possession in games does not always determine how the outcome should be either.. perhaps a good dissertation topic there eh?

I have to agree that going into the game we had higher hopes than normal, but even surprised ourselves. It goes to show what the hard work of a few people keeping a club together can grow into.

I think that, although on chances and possession CSM undoubtedly were in front, we can all make excuses as to why we could be better. "I think that if we had that team all season, plus the 2 players that we also had missing, and if we had actually had a training session this season... then things would have been different" It does not change the fact that with 10 minutes left to play you were losing 3-2 and scored a jammy cross that tucked into the top corner, and then had the impetus to go and claim the win.

Well done to your team for doing so, and like I said after the game, the points will make more of a difference to your league position than ours. Good luck in your remaining fixtures.

Dont you just love football?

Well yer I guess so about signing a keeper... we unfortunately dont have such a luxury... we get what we're given. Our keeper is a brilliant shot stopper, but due to his height his potential is suffering. And we're not making excuses, it would have been lovely to be able to have the same team throughout the season. The jammy cross was no more jammy than you're first goal.

And cheers. You were a nice bunch of lads and best of luck next season.