Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES 1ST MAY

worst game of football ive ever been involved in, 2 very poor sides ON THE DAY. bodmin deserved the 3 points. we struggled to raise a side for a sunday, which bodmin obviously didnt as they had a bench full, hence why 2 games was cancelled because they coulnt raise a side both times. FARCICAL to be allowed!!! our extremely young 13 available was bullied and kicked off the pitch from start to finish, as ive already stated bodmin fully deserved there win but not in a football way OR especially when there very noisy manager didnt no half of his players NAMES from the umpteen signings before kick off. we lauceston have got a great young side for the future but will have to learn how to compete against this sort of team when arising, which hopefully aint to often. well done bodmin for the win but the way you applied yourselves on and off the park was nothing short of disgusting. And no this aint sour grapes :SM_carton:

bodmin played with 5 players from the vets and 4 players from tavys 2 nd team from last year put together in 5 weeks lost 4 won 2 honest hard working lads ,, launceston are no angels and there management no better either ,, bodmin are scrapping for there premier league place, trouble with launceston is that they lost every 50/50 and didnt want to match bodmins desire to win every ball ,,sounds like sour grapes to me bad losers not launceston players they never moaned once but there managers especially there number 2 needs to take defeat a bit more gracefully instead of moaning so much ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

as stated in my earlier post, i agree in every sense that you were the better side, you wanted it more, worked harder, srapped and battled for every ball, better than we did. But to say we didnt stop moaning and didnt lose gacefully is pure lies and you no it. we didnt dare moan or shout for the sake of possibly being lynched upon, our management team went onto the pitch and were the 1st ones to shake your hand and congratulate you on your deserved victory at the end. HENCE NO SOUR GRAPES. even when we left your clubhouse several of your mob shouted verbals, our players couldnt/wouldnt dare moan or shout back, probably cause most of them were very intimadated.

I can now see why bodmin 1sts and your 2nds/vets/tavy3rds/mob have nothing to do with each other, and why you get such bad posting on this forum.

great shame and a bad advertisment for ecpl football. :angry2:

Having spoken to Darren Gilbert many times I know for a fact that he is embarrassed by the second team. Charlick the Darlick has caused problems wherever he has been has doesn't have many friends in football. Bodmin will boot him in the summer even if they stay up.

As for the Launceston management, i can't imagine anyone likes losing but being shouted at and treated the way they were i can understand their annoyance at the behaviour of the Bodmin management and players.

Good luck to both sides next year, Bodmin minus Charlick :SM_carton:

Who are the Plymouth lads that have gone down there??

we watched a game a few weeks back involving bodmin, and i must say the behaviour from the bench was not pleasant on the ear. obviously bodmin were desperate for a manager when the previous 1 walked, and thats what the bodmin cat dragged in