Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Result

Torpoint 5 - 3 Bodmin Saints

I was unable to get to this game through work commitments. However I have some details .... Saints went a fully deserved two nil up early in the first half against Athletic. Torpoint came back in the second half and brought the scores to level at 3 - 3. Saints battled brilliantly to lose 5 - 3 as goals went in late in the game. An interesting statement you might wonder ... Saints played the entire match with just ten men.

CALSTOCK 5 LANREATH 2

Very good football played today by Calstock against a very spirited Lanreath side. Good bunch of lads and Andy always good for 10mins!!!!

Very well refereed again today by Ian Spurling who had an excellent game and was played in good spirits. Tad upset about the two goals we conceeded but hats off to there keeper otherwise it could of been double figures for us.

A very big well done to our 16yr old striker who came up with 3 goals today, his first in mens football.....long may that continue :clapper:

CALSTOCK 5 LANREATH 2

Very good football played today by Calstock against a very spirited Lanreath side. Good bunch of lads and Andy always good for 10mins!!!!

Very well refereed again today by Ian Spurling who had an excellent game and was played in good spirits. Tad upset about the two goals we conceeded but hats off to there keeper otherwise it could of been double figures for us.

A very big well done to our 16yr old striker who came up with 3 goals today, his first in mens football.....long may that continue :clapper:

Well done Stew! Fantastic season for your team.

Although we had four players missing today I also listened sympathetically before the match to St Dominic's moans and slating of Bere Alston for playing a first team player like Will Westlake against them mid week....Just a shame they didn't say they were doing the same to us and to rub salt in the wounds their ECPL Div 1 striker Ian Rook scored six effing goals. Pot and kettle lads! St Dominick couldnt wait to get on the phome to Calstock after delighted in stitching us up!!!!!

Proud of our season - we only lost on the opening and last days of our season and once in between!

Thanks to Keith Franks, Fixtures Secretary Duchy League

Saturday 30th April 2011

Trims & Windows Reserves Team Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Mevagissey Reserves 5 - 2 St. Newlyn East Reserves ( Mevagissey Reserves win 9-4 on aggregate)

Premier Division

Altarnun 3 - 0 St. Cleer

Probus 1 - 0 Saltash United

St. Mawgan 2 - 1 Lamerton

Torpoint Athletic 5 - 3 Bodmin Saints

First Division

Boscastle 3 - 9 Grampound

Calstock 5 - 2 Lanreath

Polperro 1 - 1 Week St. Mary

St. Dominick 8 - 1 St.Newlyn East

Second Division

AFC St Austell 7 - 2 Maker with Rame

Gunnislake Reserves 2 - 2 Queens Rangers

St. Dennis LKO Holywell & Cubert

St. Stephen 1 - 4 Premier Sixes

Third Division

Biscovey 8 - 2 Stratton United

Camelford 1 - 5 Nanpean Rovers

Roche 1 - 2 Lewdown Rovers

St. Minver 2 - 4 Callington Town

Wadebridge Town 1 - 3 Sticker

Fourth Division

Altarnun Reserves LKO Tregony

Pensilva Reserves 2 - 2 North Petherwin

Pelynt Reserves 2 - 1 St. Teath

Fifth Division

Grampound Reserves 3 - 2 Delabole United Reserves

LC Phoenix 11 - 0 Duke of Cornwall

Hi Jiggy,

Thanks for the congratulations.

Let me just state that what St.dominick do or who they play have no bearing and nothing to do with Calstock. I went and watched the Bere Alston game and yes they did play four 1st teamers.....I do know that Ian Rook is indeed a 1st team player for St.Dominick but i also know that he has played a few times for the 2nd team this season for one reason or another, so he was not just a one hit wonder. I would like to say it takes more than one man to make a team but it does seem very hard in this case that he scores SIX!!!!!

I believe Calstock have progressed through to the premier league on there own merit and have not been helped certainly by St.Dominick.

We do have connections with St.Dominick purely as some of the lads that play for them come from Saltash and of course are mates and then theres Barry Hemmett who was a Calstock player last year.

I look forward to seeing you again Jiggy when we come head to head next season......get your wallet out as well :clapper: :smiley20:

Hi Jeferson,

I am not saying whether this is right or wrong, all i am saying is that St.Dominick playing a 1st teamer has no bearing on Calstock's season. Potentially if St.Newlyn had got something out of the game then they would of pushed Calstock a little further and made it a bit more nervy for us to claim title, but i believe we can do it regardless and then hopefully continue to go the whole season unbeaten.

Just a question - does a Devon-affiliated club such as Bere Alston have to reinstate players to Junior status in the same way that we have to here in Cornwall - with all the rules surrounding the process - if they wish to play a senior player in the Duchy League?

Exactly the same Alaistair, they are playing in a duchy league so adhere to the same rules

Is that because the first team also play in a "Cornish" based league Stewart. Just that I was led to believe that there wasn't a Senior - Junior set-up in Devon as we have in Cornwall.

Perhaps you can enlighten all us Cornish a little more

Sarcasim gets you no-where Mr.Deacon :SM_carton:

Actually it wasn't sarcasm. It was a genuine question.

I've been told in the past that the whole reinstatement thing was a hungover problem to Cornwall and that it didn't exist in Devon.

The word "Junior" in Devon refers more to minors football, ie anything under 18 down.

Exactly the same Alaistair, they are playing in a duchy league so adhere to the same rules

You must think AJW is me Stewart; I'm the only Alastair at Grampound :)

Well done on winning the league (all but); you and St Newlyn East have been the best 2 sides we have played this season by some distance; was surprised at the St Newlyn East result yesterday though.

Hi Stew

Sorry if you thought my post was trying to take something away from Calstock's achievements as that was not its intention. Any team who goes as far as Calstock have this season without being defeated in the league are (will be) worthy champions. Not just the football you have played but the sportsmanship showed by your club too.

My post was intended to show just that I found it ironic that I had to listen to St Dominick complaining before the game about Bere Alston winning by having to play first team players against them knowing that they were going to do the exact same thing to us. Missing Denty, Russell, Ryan Polmounter and Carl Monk also didn't help...I even had to play myself for the last 15 mins that's how short we were!!!!!

Just got a bit peeved when before I had even finished shaking hands on the final whistle, Barry was walking towards me on his mobile excitedly trying to call you...nothing to do with Calstock I know but Barry should remember there's a time and a place!

I'll try watch your game against the G on Saturday if I can.

Cheers, Jiggy

Sorry Alistair got my wires crossed.....cheers Rookie appreciate that..

Jiggy,

Much appreciated for your kind words and yes i would also be 'p' off under such circumstances. I would pay money for you to don a pair of shorts again :thumbsup:

I am actually bottling the Godolphin game much to the delight of my wife and children and i am in France, so please if we are successful DO NOT present the trophy then Mr.League.......i see you avoiding the wallet punt Mr.Grigg :smiley20: Hope to catch up with you at AGM on the 28th June if your going