Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Thanks

Saturday 30th April

Falmouth Town Reserves 0-3 Pendeen Rovers ( Wade Brown 2, Ashley Thomas)

Att - 45

Helston Athletic (Mike Hallibone 2, Liam Eddy, Dan Stidwell) 4-1 Hayle Reserves (Craig Rennard)

Att - 42

Mullion (Sean Haskell-Mills) 1-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 25

Newquay Reserves (Dom Roberts, OG) 2-0 Ludgvan

Att - 35

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ryan Reeve, Tom Meneer) 2-0 St Day

Att - 40

Perranwell (Shane Richards, Lee Hazeldine) 2-1 St Just (Darren Steadman)

Att - 68

RNAS Culdrose (Paul Curry, Chris Reed, Greg Weal) 3-1 Holman SC (Tony Eddy)

Att - 8

Sunday 1st May

Supplementary Cup S-F

Illogan RBL 0-2 Wendron United (Rob Dunn, Harry Evans)

Att - 100

TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

HELSTON ATHLETIC 33 29 2 2 119 32 87 89

ST JUST 34 22 7 5 97 50 47 73

ILLOGAN RBL 31 22 6 3 99 20 79 72

PERRANWELL 29 21 5 3 105 29 76 71"

ST AGNES 32 20 4 8 103 45 58 64

PENDEEN ROVERS 31 20 4 7 100 42 58 64

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 30 20 2 8 87 37 50 62

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 34 18 6 10 101 56 45 60

WENDRON UNITED 33 15 3 15 79 80 -1 48

RNAS CULDROSE 31 14 5 12 75 69 6 47

TROON 34 13 5 16 68 78 -10 44

MULLION 32 11 6 15 75 85 -10 39

ST DAY 33 11 5 17 67 81 -14 38

ST IVES TOWN 33 12 0 21 58 77 -19 36

NEWQUAY RESERVES 33 9 5 19 51 74 -23 32

HAYLE RESERVES 30 7 5 18 39 84 -45 25*

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 33 7 7 19 52 99 -47 25°

PENZANCE RESERVES 35 7 3 25 36 105 -69 24

HOLMAN SC 35 5 2 27 47 115 -68 17

LUDGVAN 34 0 2 32 17 219 -202 2

Helston need 7 more points from 5 games to be sure of becoming League Champions.

Team Games Points Max possible

Helston 33 89 104

Perranwell 29 71 95

Illogan 31 72 93

St Just 34 73 89

Great to see an interesting finish to the season following Illogan's recent domination. Rumour has it that Lee Hazeldine lasted 90 minutes in the game against St Just today, which is more of a surprise than a 90th minute overhead kick winner! Well done to everyone at Helston, I am sure it will be an intriguing end to the season, especially if one of the above teams has a 5pm kick off away at Culdrose some time in June! :D

RNAS Culdrose 3-1 Holman SC

Att 8

For Holmans

Paul Jones

Ray Richards

Andy Tasker

Adam Selleys Dad

For Culdrose

Scooby

Col Newsham

The legend that is Jan Howe

One of the Culdrose lads girlfriend

:)

Both sides struggling to raise sides from their 1st team squads and were able to give a substantial number of reserve players a run out and all aquitted themselves well with some really good performances from certain individuals for both sides. With a strong wind across the pitch the weather condition was always going to be challenging however a fine surface in what is probably one of the best surfaces in the combo league so late in the season meant both sides tried to play a passing game as much as possible

Culdrose got the early breakthrough after a good cross from the right found Chris Reed to fire the ball home in the 20th min. On the 30th min culdrose broke down the left and the Holmans defence were caught napping leaving "Ruby" Curry a simple tap in

HT 2-0

Holmans managed to get their act together 2nd half with Adam Selley who is having a fine 2nd half of the season coming on at left back. The Wingbacks of Aaron Meridith & Tony Eddy managed to get into the game much more and Eddy was rewarded in the 70th min with a goal. Holmans were starting to cause the Culdrose defence problems particulary Meridiths pace on the left hand side however Culdrose remained defiant and were still creating chances at the other end which was eventually rewarded with a 3rd and decisive goal on the 75th min following a wayward pass from the Holmans midfield

A good full blooded encounter from both sides. Thanks to Scoobs for trying to sort out food.......U cant help it that Sodexo are so helpful down the galley!!!!! ;);)

Sadly Holmans look resigned now to remain in the bottom 2 and must either hope to win their 3 remaining games against Hayle, Penryn & St Ives or hope that Helston are promoted to Peninsula West to stand a chance of retaining their combination league status......must do better next year!!

Helston need 7 more points from 5 games to be sure of becoming League Champions.

Helston 33 89 104

Perranwell 29 71 95

Illogan 31 72 93

St Just 34 73 89

Great to see an interesting finish to the season following Illogan's recent domination. Rumour has it that Lee Hazeldine lasted 90 minutes in the game against St Just today, which is more of a surprise than a 90th minute overhead kick winner! Well done to everyone at Helston, I am sure it will be an intriguing end to the season, especially if one of the above teams has a 5pm kick off away at Culdrose some time in June! :D

Lee came on with 20 minutes to go.... and yes it was a good finish :c:

Rappo I either know far to many people or really should have been concentrating on the game a bit better when I was "attempting" to play lol!!!

Ps forgot to add Lee glover for culdrose so their was actually 9 but he was doing a sterling job running the line so didn't think he should count as a spectator lol :)

Helston Athletic 4 -1 Hayle Reserves

Helston Scorers:

Mike Hallibone (2), Liam Eddy, Dan Stidwell

Helston fell behind after about 10 minutes after a good chip over Martyn Webster's head. Helston replied with a chip from the halfway line over Scoffys head from Mike Hallibone. Helston extended their lead further about 10 minutes later when Hallibone headed in a free-kick from Terry Rowe.

With about 2 minutes before half-time, Helston took a 3-1 lead when Mark Goldsworthy sublimely squared the ball for the onrushing Liam Eddy to put an easy finish into an empty net. Not much happened in the second-half with Dan Stidwell rifling home from about 15 yards to seal the vital three points for Helston. My head is very confused about how many points Helston need to clinch the title.

Ctb,who are the top 5 goal scorers in the combo league and how many goals do each of them have?

Check the page below. It is updated after each set of matches. ~Will add Saturday's goal scorers and the missing Penryn goal scorers from Tuesday when I get them.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/2010goldenboot.html

Penryn scorers against Ludgvan were;

Paul Brantwood 3, Kirk Davis 2, Sam Harry 2, Dave Broglino 2, Jason Roberts 1, Laurie Magowan 1, 1 x O.G. Think the other was Lee Jeffries but not 100% sure.

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me the players who scored the 13 goals for Penryn against Ludgvan and how many they scored?

Saturday 30th April

Falmouth Town Reserves 0-3 Pendeen Rovers ( Wade Brown 2, Ashley Thomas)

Att - ???

Helston Athletic (Mike Hallibone 2, Liam Eddy, Dan Stidwell) 4-1 Hayle Reserves (Scott Grant)

Att - 42

Mullion (Sean Haskell-Mills) 1-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - ???

Newquay Reserves (Dom Roberts, OG) 2-0 Ludgvan

Att - ???

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ryan Reeve, Tom Meneer) 2-0 St Day

Att - ???

Perranwell (Shane Richards, Lee Hazeldine) 2-1 St Just (Darren Steadman)

Att - 68

RNAS Culdrose (Paul Curry, Chris Reed, Greg Weal) 3-1 Holman SC (Tony Eddy)

Att - 8

Sunday 1st May

Supplementary Cup S-F

Illogan RBL - Wendron United

Att -

TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

HELSTON ATHLETIC 33 29 2 2 119 32 87 89

ST JUST 34 22 7 5 97 50 47 73

ILLOGAN RBL 31 22 6 3 99 20 79 72

PERRANWELL 29 21 5 3 105 29 76 71"

ST AGNES 32 20 4 8 103 45 58 64

PENDEEN ROVERS 31 20 4 7 100 42 58 64

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 30 20 2 8 87 37 50 62

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 34 18 6 10 101 56 45 60

WENDRON UNITED 33 15 3 15 79 80 -1 48

RNAS CULDROSE 31 14 5 12 75 69 6 47

TROON 34 13 5 16 68 78 -10 44

MULLION 32 11 6 15 75 85 -10 39

ST DAY 33 11 5 17 67 81 -14 38

ST IVES TOWN 33 12 0 21 58 77 -19 36

NEWQUAY RESERVES 33 9 5 19 51 74 -23 32

HAYLE RESERVES 30 7 5 18 39 84 -45 25*

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 33 7 7 19 52 99 -47 25°

PENZANCE RESERVES 35 7 3 25 36 105 -69 24

HOLMAN SC 35 5 2 27 47 115 -68 17

LUDGVAN 34 0 2 32 17 219 -202 2

Helston Athletic 4 -1 Hayle Reserves

Helston Scorers:

Mike Hallibone (2), Liam Eddy, Dan Stidwell

Helston fell behind after about 10 minutes after a good chip over Martyn Webster's head. Helston replied with a chip from the halfway line over Scoffys head from Mike Hallibone. Helston extended their lead further about 10 minutes later when Hallibone headed in a free-kick from Terry Rowe.

With about 2 minutes before half-time, Helston took a 3-1 lead when Mark Goldsworthy sublimely squared the ball for the onrushing Liam Eddy to put an easy finish into an empty net. Not much happened in the second-half with Dan Stidwell rifling home from about 15 yards to seal the vital three points for Helston. My head is very confused about how many points Helston need to clinch the title.

Are you sure it was a chip over Scoffys head or did the ball just bounce a little lol?

Helston 33 89 104

Perranwell 29 71 95

Illogan 31 72 93

St Just 34 73 89

Think Helston only need 1 more win to get promoted cos Illogan and Perranwell have to play each other - I think

COMBINATION LEAGUE

Top goal scores

DOMINIC PULLEN PERRANWELL 50

MARK GOLDSWORTHY HELSTON ATHLETIC 44

LUKE WORT FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 35

TOM BENNEY ST AGNES 29

WADE BROWN PENDEEN ROVERS 28

MIKE O'NEIL WENDRON UNITED 26

ROB DUNNE WENDRON UNITED 24

DARREN STEADMAN ST JUST 24

RIKKI SMITH PENDEEN ROVERS 23

SHANE RICHARDS PERRANWELL (4 FOR PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES) 22

Great result for Wendron if that 2-0 is correct! Any brief match report from anyone who played or watched? Josh, Charlie?

Alright Mikey? Hope your good mate. We were good today, played football on the deck and not one player had a bad game. Think it came down to being more hungry for it, Wendron goalscorers were Rob Dunn and Harry Evans. I'll leave it to Josh to give a full match report!

Great result for Wendron if that 2-0 is correct! Any brief match report from anyone who played or watched? Josh, Charlie?

Alright Mikey? Hope your good mate. We were good today, played football on the deck and not one player had a bad game. Think it came down to being more hungry for it, Wendron goalscorers were Rob Dunn and Harry Evans. I'll leave it to Josh to give a full match report!

Hello mate, I'm all good thank you. Great result, wish I could have been there. Have to take that on and into the Final. Picked the perfect time to get a win and performance! I'm keeping my eye out for match reports still.

Illogan 0 - 2 Wendron (att.?????)

After two heavy defeats to the hands of Illogan in recent weeks we went out with a point to prove. We approached the game with the right mentality and the gaffer got it spot on tactically - something that clicked on the pitch and ultimately paid off.

Illogan had the lot of the ball, especially their centre backs, but rarely troubled Wendron - who were perhaps unlucky not to go in in front at the break, with good opportunities falling to Rob Dunn and Matt Miller. When Wendron got the ball, we looked a threat and didn't often waste our possession.

HT 0-0

Again Illogan had much possession without threatening the Wendron goal. With about 15mins of the second half gone Wendron got a free kick around 30 yards from the RBL goal. Adam Barnicoat struck the ball well, low and hard using the slippery conditions to his advantage. The shot was well saved by Wyatt in the Illogan goal, however he could only palm it into the path of Rob Dunn who poked it into the net.

1-0 Wendron

Illogan started to come at Wendron more, again not really troubling the Wendron keeper. Illogan are then gifted a penalty, for what appeared to be a foul on the Wendron centre back. The pen is well struck but excellently saved by Carpenter in the Wendron goal (whether he read it or just fortunately slipped in the right direction is anybodys guess!). Illogan win a string of corners but nothing comes from it.

With about 5 minutes from time the Illogan keeper mistimes a challenge outside of his area and the ball falls to Charlie Young who then squares it to Harry Evans. Evans carries it towards goal with an Illogan defender on the line the only thing stopping Evans from scoring his first senior goal and sealing the win for the 'Dron. Evans take the shot on and finds the back of the net. Mass celebrations follow as Evans attempts to take his shirt off in celebratary fasion, only to get one arm stuck in the sleeve and reveal a loose fitting wife beater showing off his pea shooters.

Wendron hold out for the last 5minutes, looking dangerous on the break still.

The final whistle goes.

Wendron deserved the win. Whether Illogan approached the game in the right mind after soundly beating us twice recently and thought that they were in the final or not I don't know. But the Wendron lads wanted the game and win more and deserved the win.

Best of luck to Illogan for the rest of the season - think we are both sick of each other's faces after playing each other so often recently!

Wendron MOM: could go to anyone really, a real team performance. Harry Evans bossed the midfield alongside Charlie Young and Matt Miller, whilst Carpy pulled off a great peno save. Hard to choose anyone after a great squad performance.

Dont think any of us at Illogan would disagree to much with your view of the game yesterday Josh! Altho maybe a couple of points, saying wendron should have lead at half time, to be fair we missed 2 or 3 sitters including one from 3 yards out which was more difficult to miss than score lol, plus think your keeper needs some more credit as was pretty busy 2nd half dealing with a lot of aerial balls well and making some fine saves including the penalty.

As for us not wanting it so much? Well every Illogan player wanted it as much as Wendron, just on the day it wasnt to be! We were disappointed having to make several changes coming into the semi final with 5 players missing from our team, but no excuse whatsoever, thats football and why its a squad game! Wendron played very well and were well organised and thoroughly deserved the victory on the day! Nice to catch up with some of my old friends from Wendron as well, good luck to Wendron in the cup final from all at Illogan, i am sure whoever you play in the final will have problems if you play like you did yesterday! All the best lads!

Rappo I either know far to many people or really should have been concentrating on the game a bit better when I was "attempting" to play lol!!!

Ps forgot to add Lee glover for culdrose so their was actually 9 but he was doing a sterling job running the line so didn't think he should count as a spectator lol :)

I cant believe you forgot to add the legend of Culdrose FC Bill Pearce. He was in the directors clicky chair on other side of the pitch

Thanks for the reports lads, especially Josh with his ever-present Dron tinted Glasses! I'll be waiting with baited breath for the final!

All the best

Mikey

Mikey, there is nothing wrong with my claret and blue coloured glasses! Hope your well and back with us before too long.

Jamo - My comment on some Illogan players was based upon what some players said to us on the pitch, although they were just trying to play mind games.

And as for giving Carpy in the goal more credit - he has already got a physically large head! But yes, he did relieve us of some pressure by claiming for several crosses.

Good to see you again pal, all the best.

I cant believe you forgot to add the legend of Culdrose FC Bill Pearce. He was in the directors clicky chair on other side of the pitch

I will add Bill to the next Culdrose attendance!