Cornwall Football Forum

Rule clarification / Understanding

Once fixtures have been made by the Fixtures Secretary and published they MUST be adhered to accept as follows.

1) Notice of Postponements of fixtures must be given to the Fixtures Secretary, the Referees Appointments Secretary, the Secretary of the opposing Club, and the match Official (s) not less than 14 days prior to the fixture.

2)Teams shall be allowed to postpone one fixture during the playing season without being penalised however if a Club postpones more than once in the playing season the Management Committee may at its discretion award the points to the opposition and/or impose a fine not exceeding £25.00

Question

Would point one have bearing to two or visa versa or because they are seperate paragraphs would they they be deemed as independant statements ?

I don't think the 2 statements have any bearing on each other.

Statement 1 details the persons who must be notified of a postponement. (Presumably as this has to be 14 days prior then it doesn't include bad weather which must be covered separately). I imagine this statement covers the wedding / stag weekend scenario and similar.

Statement 2 simply tells you that you can have one "postponement" without penalty but on a second occasion (or more) the league has discretion to award the points to the opposition and/or impose a fine.

I would guess that most leagues would have similar rules.

This is where i am confused, so would the game you are allowed to Postpone require 14 days notice ?

Reason for question is we get fixtures 05 Sept in effect we would not be able to Postpone either of our

first two games of the season to the rules. (say if a team was planning a tour that week).

clearly states "without being penalised" and no cross reference ?

This is where i am confused, so would the game you are allowed to Postpone require 14 days notice ?

Reason for question is we get fixtures 05 Sept in effect we would not be able to Postpone either of our

first two games of the season to the rules. (say if a team was planning a tour that week).

clearly states "without being penalised" and no cross reference ?

Not being rude but which League are you talking about?

The esteemed Mr Hiscox normally has the Peninsula League fixtures done & issued by mid-June.

If you don't get your fixtures until 5th September then when on earth do you start playing?

Have you addressed your questions to the Secretary of your League?