Cornwall Football Forum

Perranwell vs Pendeen Rovers

Big Game tomorrow @ Gala Parc

Post your predictions and match views/reviews here!

Here is a video of the Perranwell vs Pendeen League game!

Highlights

Expecting a huge turnout!

And of course a 2-1 Perran win :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:smiley20:

On a personal note, we would both like to thank everyone at the club for supporting us through a very difficult 5 months or so. The Players, Fans, Manager, Secretary, Chairman, Tea Lady and Wine Gum Man. Thank You

Man of the match Paul Williams was Perranwell's hero today as he saved a Ricki Smith penalty in the 87th minute then went on to save three penalties in the spot kick lottery at the end of the match. He did blot his book a bit when he missed his own penalty in the shootout.

A crowd of 400, bathed in brilliant sunshine watched an end to end game where Pendeen had the better chances during the 120mins and should have put the game to bed but couldn't beat Williams.

A better report will follow from me.

Well done Perranwell :clapper:

Have to give big credit to Pendeen, who probably shaded the actual 120 mins of open play, the bar (twice) and a great penalty save at the death of the 90 mins taking it to Penalties, Paul in goal for the 'Well deservedly Man of the Match, the Pendeen keeper was outstanding too, as was their No.7.

Dad(Brian Triggs) would of been proud...

Willo i knew all that penalty practice we used to do down Penlee in the dark after training would stand you in good stead in the future mate!!! :thumbsup: Glad to see you are saving a few now!!! :D Congratulations to all at Perran,Fish will have to build a new trophy cabinet again! :smiley20:

Well done lads, not our best performance of the season but the way we have played throughout the last 9 months we

deserve something, Pendeen are a good outfit and will do well next season and i would say they will be pushing for

honours if they stay together.

We did have a few chances as did Pendeen but both keepers did play well, nice to see our pretty boys back after their

jolly in the States!!

Good crowd too! Thank you Port for the venue (its a shame that we were not there last saturday!! :c: )

One last remark ........... Pendeen has a very vocal lady?( may not be a lady) who has a loud voice

who likes the F word quite a lot :SM_carton: The players from Pendeen should be proud as they were unlucky.

But our fat b......(as your fans were calling him) did score a penalty!! And will prob will be the leading

goalscorer in the league this season. Bring on St Den.

One last remark ........... Pendeen has a very vocal lady?( may not be a lady) who has a loud voice

who likes the F word quite a lot :SM_carton: The players from Pendeen should be proud as they were unlucky.

Have to agree with you, language was bad, considering there was a lot of families there with young children, what can I say, people are just passionate about Pendeen F.C!! :thumbsup: (however I am not condoning it!)

But our fat b......(as your fans were calling him) did score a penalty!! And will prob will be the leading

That was about the only thing he did all day, Glen Carew done a excellent job man marking him!!!!!! LOL :thumbsup:

As for the game itself, i'm gutted for the lads they deserved something from todays game

P.S If you were there today, in your opinion should matey at the back for Perranwell have walked for his challenge?

(this is by no means a critisism of any official from todays game, I would just like to get some opinions on the challenge)

It happened twice.

He should have had a red but rolling around on the floor for a couple of minutes faking hurt softened the ref's attitude. If the ref can give a yellow for kicking the ball away then he should have given red for a chop from behind whilst last man in the box.

Got to agree with you Paul,that was a definite red but alas the ref bottled it and considering he made himself the centre of attention all afternoon it was a shock to see him just issue a yellow.

Yesterdays final was a great advert for the Combination League with 2 very good teams playing very good football,thought Pendeen were the better side and were very unlucky not to have won but well done Perranwell.

Well done lads, not our best performance of the season but the way we have played throughout the last 9 months we

deserve something, Pendeen are a good outfit and will do well next season and i would say they will be pushing for

We did have a few chances as did Pendeen but both keepers did play well, nice to see our pretty boys back after their

jolly in the States!!

Good crowd too! Thank you Port for the venue (its a shame that we were not there last saturday!! :c: )

I have to agree with you on the disgusting language used by a few of our supporters (they have only watched about 6 games),so i would not say they are supporters, they started to tag along when we were beating and drawing against the top clubs (which to be fair no one expected that in our first season back).Sadly for me it did cast a shadow over an otherwise excellent dayout with the true pendeen supporters, and a game which to be fair pendeen should of won.But my congratulations will have to go to paul williams for have his penalty saves which ultimatly won perran the cup.

jolly in the States!!

I have to agree with you on the disgusting language used by a few of our supporters (they have only watched about 6 games),so i would not say they are supporters, they started to tag along when we were beating and drawing against the top clubs (which to be fair no one expected that in our first season back).Sadly for me it did cast a shadow over an otherwise excellent dayout with the true pendeen supporters, and a game which to be fair pendeen should of won.But my congratulations will have to go to paul williams for have his penalty saves which ultimatly won perran the cup.

Have to agree Jason, as I said before there was A LOT of children there, it paints a bad picture for the club!

On behalf of Pendeen Rovers AFC I apologies for anyone who may have used abusive language!

It happened twice.

He should have had a red but rolling around on the floor for a couple of minutes faking hurt softened the ref's attitude. If the ref can give a yellow for kicking the ball away then he should have given red for a chop from behind whilst last man in the box.

Got to agree with you Paul,that was a definite red but alas the ref bottled it and considering he made himself the centre of attention all afternoon it was a shock to see him just issue a yellow.

Yesterdays final was a great advert for the Combination League with 2 very good teams playing very good football,thought Pendeen were the better side and were very unlucky not to have won but well done Perranwell.

It would be interesting to know why Mr Knowles failed to apply the laws of the game and not send the lad off. Totally agree that he made himself the centre of attention, but doesn't he always?? He is very quick to tell anyone who can be bothered to listen how good he is and what high standards he has officiated at but i bet no one from the powers to be will tell him how wrong he got it.

That said well done to Perranwell and Pendeen, who i felt shaded the game. The blonde lad in midfield for Pendeen was the MOM by a mile but i can see why they gave it to the keeper. Must say that the penalties were not the best!!