D2 23/04/11 Lanner 1 - 5 Trispen

D2 23/04/11 Pendeen Rovers 0 - 2 Troon

D3 23/04/11 St Day Res 3 - 1 Porthleven Rangers

D3 23/04/11 Stithians Res 0 - 3 Lizard Argyle Res

D3 23/04/11 Troon Res 0 - 4 Carharrack Reserves

D3 23/04/11 Wendron United Res 1 - 1 Falmouth Athletic DC Res

D3 23/04/11 West Cornwall 0 - 2 Mullion Res

Troon 3rds 0 - 4 Carharrack Res

After all of Richards moaning about Mousehole bringing in SWPL players mid-week suprise suprise with the Carharrack 1st team having no fixture Josh Burton turned out for the 2nds!

We were well beaten by the better side anyway so no moaning from us.

Just wondered if Richard will be moaning the next time a team exploits a league rule to their advantage??

After all of Richards moaning about Mousehole bringing in SWPL players mid-week suprise suprise with the Carharrack 1st team having no fixture Josh Burton turned out for the 2nds!

Just wondered if Richard will be moaning the next time a team exploits a league rule to their advantage??

I'm from st day so carharrack isn't really my favourite club but.......

Josh burton is playing his first season of men's football he played 4 games scoring 3 goals for the carharrack second team and was promoted to the first team playing 14 games scoring 7 goals,

Maybe the young lad wanted to get some more experience at this level at this young age, I know I was playing for whichever side at my club whenever I could at his age.

I myself wouldn't worry and whinge about a lad of that age dropping down from division one (where he hasnt exactly scored hatfuls of goals) to play in division 3!!!!

fhl 3

Wendron 1-1 Fal Athletic

Athletic scorer Mike Rollason

A very good game of football to play in, with both sides playing some good football for the duration of the game. A physical contest from the start which is as expected with this being the closest thing to a derby we have at the minute. the 1st half finished 0-0 with both sides going close, only good keeping from both keepers and some solid defending keeping the strikers at bay. The 2nd half continued the same as the 1st, with both teams pushing to get a winner. The first goal eventually came with a quick turn and snap shot from the wendron striker slamming the ball into the far corner leaving our keeper helpless. From the restart, Athletic went straight down to the wendron goal and scored, i counted about 20 seconds from kick off too goal! a good run onto an equally good through ball for mike to slide the ball past the on rushing keeper for a deserved equaliser.

Wendron matched us for the entire 90 minutes and even looked like winning, i think a few of our minds maybe on the cup final on thursday, but the commitment was still there for the entire 90 minutes. Wendron are a good side and i think if they had been playing like that for the entire season they would of pushed us the whole way to the title. In the end i think a draw was a fair result.

Quick mention about the ref, i think 1 of the best we have had all season, let the game flow as much as possible and had a lot of common sense when it came to hard tackles that occasionally went in

fhl 3

Wendron 1-1 Fal Athletic

A very good game of football to play in, with both sides playing some good football for the duration of the game. A physical contest from the start which is as expected with this being the closest thing to a derby we have at the minute. the 1st half finished 0-0 with both sides going close, only good keeping from both keepers and some solid defending keeping the strikers at bay. The 2nd half continued the same as the 1st, with both teams pushing to get a winner. The first goal eventually came with a quick turn and snap shot from the wendron striker slamming the ball into the far corner leaving our keeper helpless. From the restart, Athletic went straight down to the wendron goal and scored, i counted about 20 seconds from kick off too goal! a good run onto an equally good through ball for mike to slide the ball past the on rushing keeper for a deserved equaliser.

Wendron matched us for the entire 90 minutes and even looked like winning, i think a few of our minds maybe on the cup final on thursday, but the commitment was still there for the entire 90 minutes. Wendron are a good side and i think if they had been playing like that for the entire season they would of pushed us the whole way to the title. In the end i think a draw was a fair result.

Quick mention about the ref, i think 1 of the best we have had all season, let the game flow as much as possible and had a lot of common sense when it came to hard tackles that occasionally went in

Isn't a game vs mawnan reserves a local derby????

they about the same distance, both can be classed as local derbies i suppose, hopefully we get in the same league as penryn next season, now thats a derby on par with st day v carharrack!

Will what you moaning about, when you played at our place a few weeks ago you played at least 1 combo player and a div 2 player and you still lost!

they about the same distance, both can be classed as local derbies i suppose, hopefully we get in the same league as penryn next season, now thats a derby on par with st day v carharrack!

Will what you moaning about, when you played at our place a few weeks ago you played at least 1 combo player and a div 2 player and you still lost!

Lol quality!!!!!

Lol quality!!!!!

Ha Ha That is fantastic :thumbsup: My post of the season!

ROFLMAO Are seriously saying that young 16 year old Josh Burton, in his first season playing mens football having started playing FHFL 3 beat 11 Troon players. LOL

I really don't think you can compare it to dropping in SWPL players. :lol:

No moaning Gary, as I said we were beaten by the better side anyway.

I was just pointing out double standards from Carharrack.

I have no problem with 1st players dropping down as it's within the rules. I did however find it amusing that Richard was moaning midweek about Mousehole doing the exact same thing!

All I wanted to know was if Richard was going to moan next time a team drops down 1st team players?!

I wouldn't really say they dropped a first team player in this instance

Player turns 16 and able to play men's football, said player plays a handful of games and steps up to the first team, still in junior football, player plays less than half a season for the first team and plays a game for the reserves?.

I would not class a player in this situation a first team player

Just my own personal opinion mind you!!

fhl 3

Wendron 1-1 Fal Athletic

Gary why would you be counting just after you conceded a goal, that's ridiculous lol right ref blows the whistle 1 2 3 4 5 hahaha

Lol quality!!!!!

Why do people think because the boy who played was 16 years old he doesnt count as a 1st team player ??????

The simple question is if your 1st team had a game which team would he have played for ??

Also as will said we were very poor yesterday and we are not moaning about your team playing him just you cant moan about other clubs playing 1st team players when your club does the same !!!

As for fal lad comments i find it a bit rich when you clearly have a few players playing in a league well below there ability !!! And yes we had 2 1st team players playing for us against you.

Rich as for your post of the season i think you must have had to many beers last nite !!! Have a look at what you have put on the forum over the last few days !! Im sure a few of those are better !!!

Lol quality!!!!!

Why do people think because the boy who played was 16 years old he doesnt count as a 1st team player ??????

The simple question is if your 1st team had a game which team would he have played for ??

Also as will said we were very poor yesterday and we are not moaning about your team playing him just you cant moan about other clubs playing 1st team players when your club does the same !!!

As for fal lad comments i find it a bit rich when you clearly have a few players playing in a league well below there ability !!! And yes we had 2 1st team players playing for us against you.

Rich as for your post of the season i think you must have had to many beers last nite !!! Have a look at what you have put on the forum over the last few days !! Im sure a few of those are better !!!

so this is a good situation then

i have played 5 substitute appearances for st day reserves i then play two games for st day thirds, i thenk make 8 more substitute appearances for st day reserves( and start one game for the first team) i then make a sub appearance and two starts for st day thirds and then make a sub appearance for st day reserves, i then make a sub appearance and a start for st day thirds??

are they playing a player from a higher league team when i drop down and play for the thirds even though i have not started and games for the reserves??

Lol quality!!!!!

so this is a good situation then

i have played 5 substitute appearances for st day reserves i then play two games for st day thirds, i thenk make 8 more substitute appearances for st day reserves( and start one game for the first team) i then make a sub appearance and two starts for st day thirds and then make a sub appearance for st day reserves, i then make a sub appearance and a start for st day thirds??

are they playing a player from a higher league team when i drop down and play for the thirds even though i have not started and games for the reserves??

Bloody hell cat we will let rich answer your situation as he hates clubs cheating ! All i asked was 1 simple question !!! Was it to hard to answer ???

Just means you are a proper club man Mike!!! :clapper: Josh Burton is improving all the time and will be a great player in the not too distant future :thumbsup:

Cheers rappo

Mate if I play half as many games as u have by the time I'm done then I'll be happy!

Scored a few in my career but my total is only about a tenth of yours!!!

Got a cup final and a few semis coming up so I'm sure my little spot on the bench will be there for me!!

As i said mooner on a previous post, yes we have a lot of players who have and could play higher, but athletic are building a club for the future and for the 1st team to be succesful you need a good reserve side to pull from when needed. We are a bunch of mates who wanted to play together and got the chance this season. Not really me being 'a bit rich' when in both of our games against you we played no 1st players

As rich said, Josh Burton was originally a reserves player. And am I not right in thinking he has come back to reserves because he wasnt enjoying his football?

Don't understand why players use the excuse of having higher level players come down the leagues to play, at the end of the day it's a team game. Don't mean to be disrespectful to the Troon players but think the result was never in doubt with us playing higher level players or not.

Lol quality!!!!!

I second Rappo's comments. To simply answer your question Martin. Yes, Josh would have probably been in the first team if we were fixtured. However, in his first season in mens football how can he gain experience against seasoned players such as yourself if he doesn't play.

Josh burton is a quality player and at his age it doesn't matter who u play for and wether it's the first team or no.

It's all about gaining experience and making ur self a better player!

We all know what it's like to be 16,u would play 7 games a week if u could. Besides junior football is junior football no matter what wether it's div 1 or div 3! It's not like they have bought a professional in to play is it?? Lol and the cat I seen Rappo the other day,he has 130 goals to score to get to 2000 in competitive fixtures,some achievement that is! Top man Rappo!!!

Thanx Matt,appreciate that mate. Not sure if i will make it though! 44 on thursday and the old knees are creaking and cracking,especially carrying this lot around! :) would love to make the 2000,could retire happy then.I might have to play in div 6 of this new league next season or something!!? :D think i got one more pair of boots left in me if you're reading this Gritts!! Maybe a few more vets games? Not too many strong and quick centre backs like you in that league Matt! I,ll live in hope mate,soon as that 2000 goes in im walking off the pitch and chucking my boots over the hedge!!! :thumbsup: :c:

Thanx Matt,appreciate that mate. Not sure if i will make it though! 44 on thursday and the old knees are creaking and cracking,especially carrying this lot around! :) would love to make the 2000,could retire happy then.I might have to play in div 6 of this new league next season or something!!? :D think i got one more pair of boots left in me if you're reading this Gritts!! Maybe a few more vets games? Not too many strong and quick centre backs like you in that league Matt! I,ll live in hope mate,soon as that 2000 goes in im walking off the pitch and chucking my boots over the hedge!!! :thumbsup::c:

Cheers for ur comments Rappo mate,think I have plyed my last game tho to be honest,unless u ever call me up for the charity game again lol.I reckon ur good for 2 more seasons at least mate,get some young lad to do the leg work then let u do the finishing.also mate play Sunday league,u will defo get to the magic 2000 goals then bud.