Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 23/04/11

Trevenson Res 0 Rosudgeon 9

Trevenson 1 Robartes 5 (3-1 ht)

Trevenson simply underperformed and were more interested in having a go at eachother than getting stuck into this game. 3 poor offside-trap attempts cost us 3 goals in the first half. We scored a few minutes after Robartes first goal went in, hit the bar and thats about as much as we got from the game. Lost Luke Rosvear within 10 mins in CM... Broken ankle. Hopefully everyone picks there heads up ready for the challenge that is Redruth in midweek!

All the best to Bartes for the remainder of the season and indeed for there Cup final

Goonhavern Res 3 Hayle 3rds 5 Cracking game of footy on bone hard pitch. Goonhavern a very tidy team and we knew we had to play well to get something out of it. We started well, played some neat footy, and I thought deserved the 3 points. Good luck to Goon for the rest of the season, we now push on to win the title hopefully.

Redruth 6-2 GwinearCT ( ht 3-2 )

Well done Redruth we won all our personal battles last week to beat Buryan and lost them all today , never got going and were very poor . I had a nightmare filling in between the sticks only one would of beaten a proper keeper , still if Mousehole finish in the top 7 in FHL it will of been worth poaching our keeper ! Redruth played some good football and were worthy winners . Sorry Darren for no show at the pub good luck in your cup final :clapper:

Trevenson Res 0 Rosudgeon 9

Terrible defending first half against a tidy Rosudgeon team left us going in at half time 5-0 down.

We improved for the second half but still had nothing to offer up front, heads dropped in the last 15 minutes and Rosudgeon comfortably finished the game off with another 4 goals to finish the game 9-0 winners.

Pitch was excellent and thought the ref had a good game.

All the best to Rosudgeon for the future :smiley20:

Guest man city fan

Mining 3

Wendron v Madron Res.

Madron unable to raise a side. Unsure if this means that three points will be awarded to Wendron but referee and Wendron were informed at around 2pm that Madron weren't coming and the Mining League secretary was already informed.

absultly fuming about this as i was ment to attend a party a diaryland with my son but had to let my girlfriend go without me

as i had to play football , then 215pm sat at wendron wondering where madron were only to be told they wernt turning up.

Mining 3

Wendron v Madron Res.

Madron unable to raise a side. Unsure if this means that three points will be awarded to Wendron but referee and Wendron were informed at around 2pm that Madron weren't coming and the Mining League secretary was already informed.

Presumably you get 3 points and Madron get deducted 3 - weird as most of Madron "2nds" were there watching their "1sts" - apparently not knowing about the game at Wendron till too late

Mining one

Madron 0 Newlyn NA 5

With Gulval beating Goonhavern 4-3 today, have Goonhavern's chance of a place in the combo gone?

They must finish in the top 3 to be considered so having completed all their fixtures must rely on other teams to drop points, namely Threemilestone.

POS P W D L GD PTS

1 Illogan Res 25 23 1 1 166 70

2 St Buryan 24 20 2 2 90 62

3 Goonhavern Athletic 28 19 3 6 92 60

4 Gwinear Churchtown 26 15 1 10 75 46

5 Threemilestone 20 14 3 3 76 45

6 Robartes Arms 27 14 1 12 31 43

With 'Stone on 45 points with 8 games to play Goonhavern must hope they drop 10 points to leave them on 59 as equal points might not be enough. Goonhavern's goal difference is +92 and Threemilestone's is +76, so a couple of good wins for Thrremilestone could make that irrelevant. They must drop 10 points.

Will they?

With Gulval beating Goonhavern 4-3 today, have Goonhavern's chance of a place in the combo gone?

They must finish in the top 3 to be considered so having completed all their fixtures must rely on other teams to drop points, namely Threemilestone.

POS P W D L GD PTS

1 Illogan Res 25 23 1 1 166 70

2 St Buryan 24 20 2 2 90 62

3 Goonhavern Athletic 28 19 3 6 92 60

4 Gwinear Churchtown 26 15 1 10 75 46

5 Threemilestone 20 14 3 3 76 45

6 Robartes Arms 27 14 1 12 31 43

With 'Stone on 45 points with 8 games to play Goonhavern must hope they drop 10 points to leave them on 59 as equal points might not be enough. Goonhavern's goal difference is +92 and Threemilestone's is +76, so a couple of good wins for Thrremilestone could make that irrelevant. They must drop 10 points.

Will they?

I'd have to say I think TMS will probably finish above goonhavern leaving the door back to combo league football agonisingly shut tight for another year!!!

Redruth 6-2 GwinearCT ( ht 3-2 )

Well done Redruth we won all our personal battles last week to beat Buryan and lost them all today , never got going and were very poor . I had a nightmare filling in between the sticks only one would of beaten a proper keeper , still if Mousehole finish in the top 7 in FHL it will of been worth poaching our keeper ! Redruth played some good football and were worthy winners . Sorry Darren for no show at the pub good luck in your cup final :clapper:

Cheers Boof. A scrappy 1st half for us, but better second. No problem on the pub no-show. In fairness, your club always usually comes back but understand your boys had other things on this week. Credit to you for stepping between the sticks. Shows a manager's desire and willingness to do what is necessary. Thanks for Cup Final wishes! :thumbsup:

Mining 1

Halsetown 2 - Tms 4

Sloppy first half with tms going ahead first but going in 2-1 down at half time. Came out second half with no joy until a penalty brought it back to 2 all and in the last 10 minutes pulled back a further two. Awkward pitch which suited Halsetown style of play.

Goonhavern Res 3 Hayle 3rds 5 Cracking game of footy on bone hard pitch. Goonhavern a very tidy team and we knew we had to play well to get something out of it. We started well, played some neat footy, and I thought deserved the 3 points. Good luck to Goon for the rest of the season, we now push on to win the title hopefully.

An exciting game for the neutral at 1-5 up we should have had the game safe and with wind advantage in the second half it should have been all over we were excellent up to that moment but fair shout to Goonhavern they put everything into attack and caused us lots problems they started to play and got back in the game think we got some title jitters and they pushed us all the way with nothing to lose they just kept us under pressure pulling 2 goals back to make it 3-5 over 90 min i think we well deserved the win and the lads showed the quality and team spirit that has put us top of the league its in our hands now couple tricky games against new boys and Newquay ahead so not over yet but we in great position now and deserve to be there well done to our manager Steve for putting together the side and creating the team spirit. :clapper::smiley20: :smiley20:Would like to add ref had good game as well.

With regard to Goonhavern.

I did hear from a source there might be a way for them to get into the league.

At the moment they have applied to join the league by way of promotion but they could write to the league applying by "Way of Election".

In other words when Helston are promoted, the Combo clubs might want to keep to 20 clubs and might agree to elect Goonhavern into the league by majority vote.

They have to apply quickly mind as there is a cut-off date to apply.

Mining 1

Gulval 4-3 Goonhavern

What can i say? Goonhavern raced into a 3 goal within 20 mins,and i have to say they was worth the lead. We pulled 2 back before half time through Jowan May with 2 good finishes :clapper: . After some stern words and some time to reflect we started a little better in the second half, JoJo scored the equaliser not long after the restart only to go on and get the winner after a quick free kick ...... Not our best performance by any stretch of the imagination, but enough to put away a some what disfunctional Goonhavern side. 5 players out and a result, looking forward to St Buryan on wed, Good luck to Goonhavern on their quest for better things, came to the pub for a drink,even after a long trip :smiley20: :clapper:

Mining League 1

Storm 1 (1) - St Buryan 7 (4)

Danny Wright

Felt we matched St Buryan for majority of the 1st half and Danny Wright scored 1 and rattled the post at 1-1. Individual errors and lack of concentration allowed St Buryan to score 3 quickfire goals before h/t. Buryan had much the better of the 2nd half and we offered a few half chances at best.

Mining 1

Gulval 4-3 Goonhavern

What can i say? Goonhavern raced into a 3 goal within 20 mins,and i have to say they was worth the lead. We pulled 2 back before half time through Jowan May with 2 good finishes :clapper: . After some stern words and some time to reflect we started a little better in the second half, JoJo scored the equaliser not long after the restart only to go on and get the winner after a quick free kick ...... Not our best performance by any stretch of the imagination, but enough to put away a some what disfunctional Goonhavern side. 5 players out and a result, looking forward to St Buryan on wed, Good luck to Goonhavern on their quest for better things, came to the pub for a drink,even after a long trip :smiley20::clapper:

"disfunctional Goonhavern side" - couldn't have put it any better myself. Going 3-0 up so early was our downfall; as soon as the third goal went in we immediately stopped playing as a team and thought the game was already in the bag.

We still created enough chances in the second half to get something from the game, however, Gulval's keeper was in top form. Our goals came from Dan Rollerson (x2) and Martin Bennetts. Game was well reffed. Good luck to Gulval in their cup final.

Another season over for us, whether we get anything out of it rests solely in the hands of TMS unless we're elected (although I've not heard about this route to promotion before).

have looked at the mining 2 league table and things at the top are tighter than a budgies kneecap.

4 teams still in the hunt for the title though carbis bay have it in their hands all they have to do is win their games. :drink:

Not sure if they have to win their games with another no show yesterday! they have trispen again last game of the season,lets hope they can raise a side next time, i'm sure carbis bay would rather win the league playing a game! as far as praze are concerned they would be worthy champions as by far the stongest team we have played this season, as our head to heads show! Have also heard from one of there players they may not continue next season, would be a shame if that correct?

Mining 3

Wendron v Madron Res.

Presumably you get 3 points and Madron get deducted 3 - weird as most of Madron "2nds" were there watching their "1sts" - apparently not knowing about the game at Wendron till too late

Mining one

Madron 0 Newlyn NA 5

as manager of madron res i got told at wednesdays game at rosudgeon that we didnt have a game fixtured on saturday. our sec apparently spoke to mr. osbourne regarding the confusion as on fixture list nothing was listed???????. apologies to the wendron boys, but i personally didnt know of the game until friday .

on a completly different matter does anyone know whats happening about the jollys shield semi this coming week, are we playing hayle or newquay and where to??????pass :blink: :blink: :blink:

Rosudgeon res 9 trevenson res 0

Early ko of twelve saw a struggle to get players for the game due to early morning work commitments.

Was told pitch was double booked but according to the website rosudgeon first team never played????????

Rosudgeon deserved the victory by a long stretch but my players never gave up with everyone putting in commitment when we were nil nil through to 9 nil.

Good luck to rosudgeon for rest of season

funnily enough i have heard the same.it would be a shame if they did fold :c: who do you play for taffy

its garyo, co manager down at praze, play the odd game if the knees allow! but played sat as were mega short and scored a screamer from a yard! good luck for the rest of the season mate, we got last game away trispen if they can make it!

have looked at the mining 2 league table and things at the top are tighter than a budgies kneecap.

4 teams still in the hunt for the title though carbis bay have it in their hands all they have to do is win their games. :drink:

Not sure if they have to win their games with another no show yesterday! they have trispen again last game of the season,lets hope they can raise a side next time, i'm sure carbis bay would rather win the league playing a game! as far as praze are concerned they would be worthy champions as by far the stongest team we have played this season, as our head to heads show! Have also heard from one of there players they may not continue next season, would be a shame if that correct?

and a shame for the other teams as they have fulfilled their fixtures! GD is a big thing aswell, as the likes of the teams at the top beat trispen 9-0, then carbis get a 3-0 default win, we'll have to see what happens!

Mining 1

Halsetown 2 - Tms 4

Sloppy first half with tms going ahead first but going in 2-1 down at half time. Came out second half with no joy until a penalty brought it back to 2 all and in the last 10 minutes pulled back a further two. Awkward pitch which suited Halsetown style of play.

Come on, the pitch suited our style of play?! We were the better team today with good play down the 2 wings. I don't think the long grass helped us too much there!

You won today, fair enough, but we played all the football.

Cracking goal to seal the win by the way.