Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL LEAGUE CUP FINAL

Thanks for that dave,we already know that,never can tell what might happen,Sticker where league leaders when we beat them in the quarter final.I am sure that both sides will be well supported around 100 travelling from St Teath should make for a noisy day.Interesting that two former duchy sides are now contesting the Final,this being our first year in senior football and St dennis in there second year. The players will enjoy the day i am sure not so sure about the manager though,could be a very hard day indeed.

Yeah sorry for stating the obvious!

But the good thing is that your guys have nothing to lose as the underdogs do you, and as we all know, cup football is a funny old thing.

And as you say, for your first season in "Senior" football, it's not at all bad. Did you bring in many new faces during last summer?

Yeah sorry for stating the obvious!

But the good thing is that your guys have nothing to lose as the underdogs do you, and as we all know, cup football is a funny old thing.

And as you say, for your first season in "Senior" football, it's not at all bad. Did you bring in many new faces during last summer?

Only new face Dave Josh Insley a former St Teath player who joined from Wadebridge,he replaced Steve Ovens from last years squad who returned to Bodmin after recovering from his double leg break at tavi in the previous season.All the current squad have been together for 4 seasons now ,Ted Meagor Chris simmonds and Josh are the only ones to have any experiance at a higher level,all the others are rookies at senior level.

Dont think any of us at St Dennis thinks this is going to be easy, we have played St Teath numerous times over the last few years and easy has never been the outcome. Think it will be a great final with huge support and a must for anyone who wants to see 2 passionate sides contest a final!!

Both villages will be well supported and the banter will be great,may well have to go back to Manchester tommorow,partners dad very poorly been up there all week just managed to get back for the Altarnun/fowey duchy semifinal at our ground but unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worse.We have a lot of friends at St Dennis and hopefully i will be around on sunday to see them.

any idea on wot the score will b?im goin 2 go for 4-1 st dennis win wiv santini superstar gettin 2 goals geachy n ryan hayhurst 1 each,but st teath will score 1st thru josh insley due 2 a mike barrett style **** up from brett allen lol

good luck 2 both teams but obviously hoping its st dennis as im up there on the beer afterwards xxxxx :smiley20:

St Dennis 3-2 St teath

St den goals :

Chris brown

Gareth Geach

Scott hill

St teath goals :

Josh insley (pen)

Jamie Kay

Poor final to watch I expect, alot of chances missed from us, St teath had there fair share aswell, another poor performance from us, but managed to scrape through, 3-1 up with St teath scoring I'n the last few seconds, but credit to them they made it I close final, good luck to St teath for the remainder of the season, hope u boys grab promotion.